KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » The Outsiders

The Outsiders
Started by: surferrocker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
surferrocker
Ocean's Twelfth

The Outsiders

...is an awesome book. So there. whistle

Leonardo: For far too long, the Quick Stop has been a home for rampant overcharging and poorly educated, rude clerks...
Dante: You don't suppose he's talking about us?
Randal: Naw.
Leonardo: ...with names like Dante and Handel.
Randal: RANDAL!

Old Post Nov 26th, 2003 02:22 AM
surferrocker is currently offline Click here to Send surferrocker a Private Message Find more posts by surferrocker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

a friend of mine is crazy for this book...allways ask me if I have read it yet! wink

Old Post Nov 26th, 2003 05:57 AM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Hell yes, its a great book.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...&forumid=55

Old Post Nov 26th, 2003 10:36 PM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

didn't enjoy it much. just IMO.

i stick with the true classics smile

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2003 12:18 AM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

this book has been my all time favorite since sixth grade and i've been re-reading it once or twice a year since then. it's that good. you can see my obession in my siggy and avatar. *grin* i just love rob lowe as sodapop curtis. my persona is most like soda and two-bit, not so much like steve. since they are no sequels to this book, i enjoy reading a bunch of fanfiction based on it. mostly the stories that cover a lot of drama like cancer, suicide, and mental problems like that. currently, i'm reading this one about cutting and possible suicide. real sad so far. that's what makes great outsiders fics. let me know if you want the links to some really good ones i've read.

Need to Reach Me? Then Please Contact Me Here: [SodapopAllerdyce/Xanga] [phantomtravel3r/LiveJournal]

Old Post Nov 27th, 2003 10:29 AM
BOPRecruit 16 is currently offline Click here to Send BOPRecruit 16 a Private Message Find more posts by BOPRecruit 16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
V@LL3jOk!D707

The Outsiders

Can anyone tell me what The Outsiders is about?

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2003 03:54 AM
V@LL3jOk!D707 is currently offline Click here to Send V@LL3jOk!D707 a Private Message Find more posts by V@LL3jOk!D707 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

hi well I heard it is a serious book that takes a hard look at class differences and cliques, poverty and a lack of choices. It's very sad and moving.
heres a link I lifted off the net for you...hope it helps..
the outsiders

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2003 04:56 AM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

i love that book eek! very touching sad

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2003 02:55 PM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
V@LL3jOk!D707

thanks bkk!

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2003 10:25 PM
V@LL3jOk!D707 is currently offline Click here to Send V@LL3jOk!D707 a Private Message Find more posts by V@LL3jOk!D707 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

no problem VallejoKid707! Im here to help if I can!

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2003 06:21 AM
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

Re: The Outsiders

quote:
Originally posted by VallejoKid707
Can anyone tell me what The Outsiders is about?

omg valle! you absolutely must read this book! it's my fave of all time since sixth grade. eek! here's the synopsis from the back of my copy:

a heroic story of friendship and belonging

ponyboy can count on his brothers. and on his friends. but not much else besides trouble with the socs, a vicious gang of rich kids whose idea of a good time is beating up "greasers" like Ponyboy. at least he knows what to expect--until the night someone takes things too far.

s.e. hinton is the author. she wrote this when she was 16, in 1966. (i'm so jealous!) she grew up and still lives in tulsa, oklahoma.

Need to Reach Me? Then Please Contact Me Here: [SodapopAllerdyce/Xanga] [phantomtravel3r/LiveJournal]

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2003 07:13 AM
BOPRecruit 16 is currently offline Click here to Send BOPRecruit 16 a Private Message Find more posts by BOPRecruit 16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Yeah its an awesome book, you must read it.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...&forumid=55

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2003 10:46 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

let me know if you guys have any questions!

Old Post Dec 4th, 2003 05:58 AM
Corlindel
Noldor

I didn-t read it but I read Rumble Fish from the same writer some yearsago, and I think it is about the same social problems.
If you enjoy Outsiders, take a look at Rumble Fish and ...watch the movie from FF Coppola

Por minha Dama
«...et tu seras pour moi unique au monde, et je serais pour toi unique au monde...»

Old Post Dec 5th, 2003 06:34 PM
Corlindel is currently offline Click here to Send Corlindel a Private Message Find more posts by Corlindel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

that movie had matt and nick. i'll check out the book eventually. i tried reading "that was then, this is now" but stopped after the first chapter.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2003 06:16 AM
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

which character in the outsiders do you think you're most like?

Old Post Dec 13th, 2003 12:27 PM
BingaBonga
**-Away-**

Well, I've watched the movie... it's very good... soon, after I finish a few other books, I'm going to read that too.

◦•~The KMC Sisterhood~•◦

Old Post Dec 13th, 2003 07:17 PM
BingaBonga is currently offline Click here to Send BingaBonga a Private Message Find more posts by BingaBonga Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

i think i'm most like soda and steve. steve for his anger and soda for his easy going look at life.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2003 01:18 PM
V@LL3jOk!D707

This book is going great!

Old Post Jan 21st, 2004 08:22 PM
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

valle: is this the first time you've read the book and how far or to what part are you at in it?

Old Post Jan 21st, 2004 10:37 PM