KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Dark Souls(Demon Souls 2)

Dark Souls(Demon Souls 2)
Started by: Phanteros

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Phanteros
the Shade knight

Dark Souls(Demon Souls 2)

due 2011

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2011 10:05 PM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Yay and its coming to the 360.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2011 11:46 AM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGoldenSpy

I hop they fixed that world tendacy system as it was a mess and I could never figure out how to change it. And farming for rare stones was lame. They need to make those things much less rare.

Also they need to have a main character with a freaking personality because not being able to wear gender exclusive items was lame.

The levels should have more checkpoint. Not fun having to start over because of one little mistake.

Boss fights in the original were great. The final boss in valley of defilement was weird and lame though. Would also like mid level minibosses.

I would love to see more projectile weapons.

Oh and wearing armor took too much strength. Don't remember how it worked but it was silly and didnt make sense. Couldn't even roll even if you could carry the weight. Hope they fixed that.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2011 04:08 AM
TheGoldenSpy is currently offline Click here to Send TheGoldenSpy a Private Message Find more posts by TheGoldenSpy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

Old Post May 11th, 2011 12:59 AM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheGoldenSpy
I hop they fixed that world tendacy system as it was a mess and I could never figure out how to change it. And farming for rare stones was lame. They need to make those things much less rare.

Also they need to have a main character with a freaking personality because not being able to wear gender exclusive items was lame.

The levels should have more checkpoint. Not fun having to start over because of one little mistake.

Boss fights in the original were great. The final boss in valley of defilement was weird and lame though. Would also like mid level minibosses.

I would love to see more projectile weapons.

Oh and wearing armor took too much strength. Don't remember how it worked but it was silly and didnt make sense. Couldn't even roll even if you could carry the weight. Hope they fixed that.
The World Tendency System is pretty simple, really. Dying in body form moves it towards black, beating bosses towards white. There are of course other things, but I am too lazy to mention them. Mining for stones is not so hard.

There are gender exclusive items though, unless that was your complaint? You worded your complaint oddly.

Nah man. Demon's Souls was about punishing mistakes, taking that out would be a step backwards.

The final boss fight with Maiden Astraea was strictly speaking not really a "boss" fight, though. To be honest, the same can be said about many of the final level bosses. The exceptions being the Old Monk, who was still pretty easy, and Old King Allant, who was easily the hardest boss in the game.

Projectile weapons would be cool.

Well it did make sense though. You are not able to just pick up the Dragon Bone Smasher and use it in one hand without investing many points in strength, not even counting the points that had to be invested into Endurance to allow you to carry it. The game was meant to be hard.

And yeah, love the trailer showing the many ways you could die lol, will obviously be picking this up. <3 Demon's Souls.

Old Post May 11th, 2011 02:01 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Demon's Souls was great.
Best RPG game in '09, IMHO. Deserved more awards.
Too bad didn't gain much media coverage since it was a PS3 exclusive.

Looking forward to this. Hopefully, it wins more awards, now that's it multi-platform.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post May 12th, 2011 01:21 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

Old Post Aug 16th, 2011 11:32 PM
NemeBro

Sexy.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2011 12:20 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Damn this game...

big grin

It's so addicting and just as difficult as Demon Souls.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2011 05:27 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

I'm a bit disappointed that it's not as difficult as Demon Souls.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2011 05:18 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Yeah same here. Demon Souls was easy as shit though, as well.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2011 05:27 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

There was only a couple of situations, perhaps 1 boss that bothered me throughout the game. Although I did enjoy it, enough to play it through a few times but its got old now, part of the game is not knowing what to expect and how you get around a challenge which you cant really get if your too powerful for the opponents and know it all.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2011 07:26 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

I think this game is brutal and far more difficult than Demons Souls. How the heck do you kill the Red Dragon that has a grip on that damned tower? I think I've spent a gazillion souls on arrows, and its health doesn't seem to go down once it loses it's tail. All in all I'm going to take my time with this game, and with my busy schedule, that means that I won't be finished until this time next year lol.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2011 03:51 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

You dont have to kill it but the way I did it in my first playthrough was with magic, souls arrows and such. Youve got to keep it from leaving the bridge or it may heal. I used a few Great heavy soul arrows or something and it died. I usually bring it down with an arrow shot, then when it lands on the bridge, it either starts walking towards you or breathing fire, if it rears its head back to breathe fire then jump back down the hatch to avoid it, if it walks towards you, select your magic or use your arrows to knocks it health down.

If it gets back to the tower on low health it will heal.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2011 09:30 AM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Burning thought
You dont have to kill it but the way I did it in my first playthrough was with magic, souls arrows and such. Youve got to keep it from leaving the bridge or it may heal. I used a few Great heavy soul arrows or something and it died. I usually bring it down with an arrow shot, then when it lands on the bridge, it either starts walking towards you or breathing fire, if it rears its head back to breathe fire then jump back down the hatch to avoid it, if it walks towards you, select your magic or use your arrows to knocks it health down.

If it gets back to the tower on low health it will heal.

Thanks.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2011 06:47 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

I have left it pretty much alone in my follow playthroughs because I think its damn tough, either that or I got lazy because it doesnt give much in the way of souls compared to the Forest ghosts.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2011 07:08 PM
Badabing
Karen

I just got the game last week. It's difficult and addictive.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Feb 16th, 2012 03:58 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

http://www.newgamenetwork.com/news/...dition-details/

New Dark Souls content this winter.

Howdy!

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2012 04:25 PM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

So what builds are you playing?

My first build was a Pyromancy build with Sorcery. Needless to say mixing magic isn't the best idea, now Pyromancy is an exception to some degree but it will still be a waste of attunement slots. If you intend to up Pyromancy, have a Dexterity- or Strength- based build.

Either way I'm enjoying my current main build:

Cleric, Soul Level 120

Vitality: 35*
Attunement: 14
Endurance: 40
Strength: 14
Dexterity: 16
Resistance: 11
Intelligence: 8
Faith: 64*

*: Optimized for efficiency.

Right hand: Washing Pole + 15, Pyromancer's Flame
Left hand: Grass Crest Shield, Darkmoon Talisman

Spells: Darkmoon Blade, Power Within, Wrath of the Gods

Rings: Ring of Favor and Protection, Dark Wood Grain Ring

Armor: Mask of the Child, Sage's Robe + 5, Traveler's Gloves + 10, Traveler's Boots + 10

Strengths: Anyone with poor -- or merely "decent" -- magic resistance.

Weakness: Quick runners, groups, and chain-stabbers (can't parry).

I don't mind if you decide to run away from me. But if you do, by god, don't stop running. Because the battle is over as soon as I backstab you.

I'm thinking of making a Dexterity- Chaos build of the Darkwraith covenant built to take on larger groups, because that's the main problem with my current build.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2012 05:50 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Dark Souls is not Demon's Souls 2, btw.

They are a completely seperate universe.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2012 05:55 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote