KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » question about a scene from the extended version

question about a scene from the extended version
Started by: Fire

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Fire

question about a scene from the extended version

at the council scene, gandalf starts speaking the languages of mordor
when he has finished elrond responds: "never before has any voice uttered the words of that tongue here, and now comes the part I dont understand cause I think it's elven and im ladres"

or something like that can anyone tell me what im ladres means?

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Dec 8th, 2002 07:58 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

not on the top of my head, but I'll check it out

Old Post Dec 9th, 2002 07:16 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mujaffa
Lift a Mullah

the words/tounge of Mordor had never ever been uttered in thoose parts of middle earth

"Get on the bus with Leary and Scorcese, you're goin' right to ****in' hell!" Chikushoo

Old Post Dec 12th, 2002 05:03 PM
Mujaffa is currently offline Click here to Send Mujaffa a Private Message Find more posts by Mujaffa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

I have no clue...I haven't even seen the SE.....but I thought Gandalf didn't want to be speaking the language of the land of Mordor?

Old Post Dec 13th, 2002 11:26 PM
Julie is currently offline Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
webby

hi there

my first post, and i believe the word is actually

Imladris

i believe it is another name for rivendell (and/or surrounding area), in one of the elvish tounges. dont quote me on that by the way big grin

Old Post Dec 30th, 2002 06:00 PM
webby is currently offline Click here to Send webby a Private Message Find more posts by webby Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

true dat, it's Imladris.
and welcome

Old Post Dec 30th, 2002 06:03 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
webby

quote:
Originally posted by mah
true dat, it's Imladris.
and welcome

cheers for teh welcome Mah. just checked up in som online atlas and Imladris is another name for rivendell.

hi to all by the way

webby

Old Post Dec 30th, 2002 06:08 PM
webby is currently offline Click here to Send webby a Private Message Find more posts by webby Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

hi

Old Post Dec 30th, 2002 06:34 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
decent

Downloaded a Sindarin dictionary today so it was just a sweet thing to check up. smile At least the word "Imlad" is translated as "narrow valley with steep sides".

Old Post Jan 1st, 2003 06:33 PM
decent is currently offline Click here to Send decent a Private Message Find more posts by decent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

could you give a link to that, I'm wondering if it's the same as I have

Old Post Jan 1st, 2003 10:57 PM
bellsat5foot

Hi all,

This is my first time in a chat room. Does anyone know what director Peter Jackson is eating during his cameo roll in Bree? Apparantly the hobbits enter the city and he is there as they walk through the gate. He is eating something but I'm not sure what it is? If anyone knows it would be cool to find out.

Thx

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2003 12:46 AM
bellsat5foot is currently offline Click here to Send bellsat5foot a Private Message Find more posts by bellsat5foot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

hi
that would be a carrot

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2003 01:00 AM
Mithrandir
The Grey Wanderer

IMladrais is the name of Rivindell

Like Wind in the Meadows.
The days have gone down in the west.
Pella i amoni tenn' lumbule

Old Post Jan 7th, 2003 11:19 PM
Mithrandir is currently offline Click here to Send Mithrandir a Private Message Find more posts by Mithrandir Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote