KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Heroes » S03E17 - Cold Wars

S03E17 - Cold Wars
Started by: S_D_J

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
S_D_J
Bane

S03E17 - Cold Wars

Official Episode Preview

While being held hostage, HRG is subjected to Matt Parkman's unique brand of interrogation, revealing how he became involved with Nathan's government plot to capture those with abilities. Meanwhile, Matt's discoveries bring Peter face-to-face with "The Hunter".

"Cold Wars" Preview

Discuss...

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Feb 20th, 2009 10:06 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

Sneek Peek

Darko and Nathan talk about missing Bennet

Old Post Feb 20th, 2009 10:09 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Must watch it once i get home

TGFwashere

Old Post Feb 20th, 2009 10:47 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

What's to come:
quote:

* Who needs interrogation techniques when you have Matt Parkman? Next week, Matt works his magic to pull secrets out of HRG's head...
* The truth about Daphne's "death" will be revealed to our Heroes next week.
* First New York City almost blew up, and then Costa Verde was meant to blow up in the future, and now...another city is slated to go kablooey. (OK, it's [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Washington, D.C.) We'll learn more about why and how [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Washington is in danger next week, and you'll be shocked by which Hero is implicated in the disaster.

... another city blowing up... and we probably see it through one of Matt's paintings....

Jack Coleman said this episode was the "Company Man" of this season... how things have been going so far, it's hard to believe such claim...
it is center around HRG, but I doubt it has the depth and meaning "CM" had...

hopefully I'm wrong...

Old Post Feb 20th, 2009 11:38 PM
REXXXX
Networking

My girlfriend thought it was boring, but I enjoyed it. Even if it lacked the depth that Company Man carried, it still was very focused and impactful on the story.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2009 11:27 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

This was no company man...

just because they added black and white scenes, **** no

TGFwashere

Old Post Feb 24th, 2009 05:01 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

That's a very superficial assessment...

Old Post Feb 24th, 2009 10:25 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Thought last night's episode was one of the better ones of this season.

Still left something to desire, though.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2009 10:29 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

Another freaking bomb! Why must they keep recycling stories?!

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2009 11:16 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Because it's a television show?

Old Post Feb 25th, 2009 12:55 AM
Darth Vicious

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Captain REX
Because it's a television show?

I suppose. The thing that bothers me with Heroes is that there is no need to keep recycling stories. If the writers cant think of any originals stories, why not "borrow" source material from the x-men's extensive history. The whole paintings/stopping future from happening its been over done durin all seasons. Give it a rest already.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2009 02:40 AM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

Originally posted by Darth Vicious
I suppose. The thing that bothers me with Heroes is that there is no need to keep recycling stories. If the writers cant think of any originals stories, why not "borrow" source material from the x-men's extensive history. The whole paintings/stopping future from happening its been over done durin all seasons. Give it a rest already.
Well they are borrowing stories from x-men, they just keep ****ing it up.

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Feb 25th, 2009 03:33 AM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Originally posted by Captain REX
That's a very superficial assessment...
You know.

TGFwashere

Old Post Feb 25th, 2009 03:56 AM
REXXXX
Networking

To be honest, I didn't expect it to be as in depth and meaningful as The Company Man was to the series, but it still gave us the contrast between Danko and Bennet that I was looking for, and though we already knew that Bennet was in things to protect Claire, it did show us that he has some other motivations in that regard.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2009 05:33 AM
Quincy
Debaser

Definitely not on par with Company Man, but not such a bad episode either. I'm not sure what the word is, but I think this volume and it's passed few episodes have the same type of "atmosphere" as Season 1.

And now Mohinder is captured. Plus I read he doesn't have his bug powers anymore - which is lame. Now this makes the 13th thousandth character with super strength as a power. Lame.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Feb 25th, 2009 08:08 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

More like the third...

Old Post Feb 25th, 2009 08:26 PM
Quincy
Debaser

Niki
Knox
Michael Fitzgerald,
Scott
Mohinder
Peter

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Feb 25th, 2009 08:30 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

What about that one black guy that can crush things with his hands?
If that counts...

And as for peter, he doesn't count you hoe.

TGFwashere

Old Post Feb 25th, 2009 09:03 PM
Quincy
Debaser

Originally posted by Mairuzu
What about that one black guy that can crush things with his hands?
If that counts...

And as for peter, he doesn't count you hoe.

I just wanted to look cooler.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Feb 25th, 2009 10:16 PM
S_D_J
Bane

I liked this episode quite a lot, but not for what the story told, but how it was done... centric episodes are quite pleaseant, cuz they got a focus and an structure, and not all over the place like most episodes.
Now the story was weak, and it lead almost nowhere (other than "go rescue Daphne"...)

I liked the episode overall

... but the ending!... why??? was that necessary? the first time it was good... it was great... but not now, not when one of the heaviest criticism the show receives its the repetition of itself, hopefully that will get dismiss by next episode, but it hurts the show so much...

Old Post Feb 26th, 2009 02:59 AM