KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Sarevok vs. Drizzt

Anchev vs. Do'Doerdun
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Sarevok 5 41.67%
Drizzt 7 58.33%
Stalemate 0 0%
Double KO!!!! 0 0%
Total: 12 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Sarevok vs. Drizzt
Started by: CorderaMitchell

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Gender: Male
Location: Kicking pigs out of the screen.

Cool Sarevok vs. Drizzt

Who wins? Give good reasons if you can... smile


__________________


Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jun 26th, 2005 03:27 AM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

Gender: Male
Location: The KMC Carrier

Never read the book series for Baldur's Gate. But Sarevok seems the big, powerful type. Which Drizzt just so happens to carve up fairly easily. Assuming he can get through the spiky armor. He did ok against Obould once he got a hold of Khazid'hea...


__________________

DarkCrawler is my hero... RESPECT LEONARD NIMOY!!!

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 03:29 AM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Gender: Male
Location: Kicking pigs out of the screen.

Sarevok, was approx seven foot tall and imunne to magic, just like you said a slow but powerful version of drizzt, they were the 2 hardest in the game.

There's a book series to Baldur's Gate????


__________________


Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 04:40 AM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

Gender: Male
Location: The KMC Carrier

Yeah. In Throne of Baal, Sarevok was mediocre, but depowered. In the Throne of Baal book, his soul apparently possesed his armor after his brother killed him. (forget his name in the books... main character of the game)

I haven't read the book series personally, but I've seen em...

I still think Drizzt wins. He beat Wulfgar in a fistfight. Wulfgar's just as big and powerful as Sarevok, and probly a better fighter too. (Drizzt's pupil) Now imagine how a swordfight would work...


__________________

DarkCrawler is my hero... RESPECT LEONARD NIMOY!!!

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 12:06 AM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Sparhawk
Senior Member

Gender:
Location: Bulgaria

Drizzt will defeat him.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2005 05:04 PM
Darth Sparhawk is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Sparhawk a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Sparhawk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Gender: Male
Location: Kicking pigs out of the screen.

How, I'm pretty sure they're the same level...


__________________


Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Aug 18th, 2005 09:02 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

Gender: Male
Location: The KMC Carrier

Speed and skill, basically. Game Drizzt was far less impressive than book Drizzt, and that's saying something.

Wulfgar is also seven foot something. He thought Drizzt kissed his wife. (Entreri, magically disguised as Regis, told him so) In Drizzt's room, Wulfgar accuses Drizzt. Drizzt denies, Wulfgar doesn't believe him and attacks. No weapons were used, mind you. Drizzt owns him, fisticuff style. I think Wulfgar actually tore a chunk out of the stone wal in that little brawl... I'll check again.

He also beat an ogre who had been magically strengthened and sped up. (potion of the bull, potion of haste) This dude was smashing trees and everything. Drizzt slashes at him for like 10 minutes and finally kills him. Owned.

Drizzt stalemated Obould Many Arrows with his own blades, solely because they were not sharp enough to pierce Obould's armor. Obould was upgraded by the orc gods to have the speed of a wildcat and the strength of a bull. (he killed both barehanded in the ritual, btw) Obould knocked the Queen of Frost giants on her arse. Once Drizzt got a sword strong enough... You guessed it, owned him.

Now, I haven't many things to compare Sarevok to him with. But Sarevok is big and swinging a greatsword. Not fast enough to tag Drizzt, especially if Obould and Wulfgar couldn't.


__________________

DarkCrawler is my hero... RESPECT LEONARD NIMOY!!!

Old Post Aug 19th, 2005 03:46 AM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Sparhawk
Senior Member

Gender:
Location: Bulgaria

Hey, Errtu was defeated by Drizzt! Errtu who is such a powerful demon! Artemis Entreri lost to Drizzt and entreri is THE BEST assassin. Sarevok would lose badly.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2005 06:56 AM
Darth Sparhawk is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Sparhawk a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Sparhawk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gryn Jabar
Restricted

Gender: Male
Location: Canada

Account Restricted

Sarevok is to smart to go head to head with Drizzt. He would find a way to beat Drizzt, just not by bashing him.


__________________
Proud Member of the New Jawa Order.
http://ecosyn.us/Bush-Hitler/Blogspot/Gay_Holocaust/Queer_Nazis.html
-In memory of USH.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2005 06:07 PM
Gryn Jabar is currently offline Click here to Send Gryn Jabar a Private Message Find more posts by Gryn Jabar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Gender: Male
Location: Kicking pigs out of the screen.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dizzle
Speed and skill, basically. Game Drizzt was far less impressive than book Drizzt, and that's saying something.

Wulfgar is also seven foot something. He thought Drizzt kissed his wife. (Entreri, magically disguised as Regis, told him so) In Drizzt's room, Wulfgar accuses Drizzt. Drizzt denies, Wulfgar doesn't believe him and attacks. No weapons were used, mind you. Drizzt owns him, fisticuff style. I think Wulfgar actually tore a chunk out of the stone wal in that little brawl... I'll check again.

He also beat an ogre who had been magically strengthened and sped up. (potion of the bull, potion of haste) This dude was smashing trees and everything. Drizzt slashes at him for like 10 minutes and finally kills him. Owned.

Drizzt stalemated Obould Many Arrows with his own blades, solely because they were not sharp enough to pierce Obould's armor. Obould was upgraded by the orc gods to have the speed of a wildcat and the strength of a bull. (he killed both barehanded in the ritual, btw) Obould knocked the Queen of Frost giants on her arse. Once Drizzt got a sword strong enough... You guessed it, owned him.

Now, I haven't many things to compare Sarevok to him with. But Sarevok is big and swinging a greatsword. Not fast enough to tag Drizzt, especially if Obould and Wulfgar couldn't.


Sarevok is freakin smart AND versatile.

not ONLY did he have an immunity to magic, he moved fast and hit hard with a draining sword.

I think tie...

Drizzt' is more popular though.


__________________


Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Aug 21st, 2005 07:58 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

Gender: Male
Location: The KMC Carrier

See, my reasoning is that Wulfgar and Obould are also both very smart, strong, and fast. Obould tossed a frost giant queen with a punch. She was the aggressor as well, she threatens, he tosses. Too fast for her to react. As to brains, Wulfgar was trained by Drizzt. He's plenty battle savvy. Obould was blessed by Grummsh with extraordinary intelligence. He successfully leads ORCS to a win against Mithril Hall. Superior numbers, yes, but he orchestrated a full scale seige against a fortress and some battle hardened dwarves.

Errtu is stronger, faster, and smarter than all of them, but Errtu beat the crap out of Drizzt until Drizzt figured out that Icingdeath both protects him from fire and drains Errtu's health. Though for his benefit, Errtu's blade was lightning oriented, so Drizzt couldn't block anything without getting severely shocked.

And saying that Sarevok outsmarts Drizzt is saying that Juggernaut outsmarts Batman. Definitely not happening. Drizzt is the KING of using his surroundings.

I also didn't mention Guenhwyvar. A 600 pound, intelligent magic panther is an asset to anyone in any fight.

I give the nod to Drizzt, solely because A: Speed almost always beats strength, and B: Sarevok is nothing really new to Drizzt. Big, powerful, fairly fast dudes are his bread and butter.

Gamewise, they tie. But Drizzt has the luxury of book feats, where Sarevok does not. (unless someone's read the books... if you have, please feel free to enlighten)


__________________

DarkCrawler is my hero... RESPECT LEONARD NIMOY!!!

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2005 01:35 AM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Gender: Male
Location: Kicking pigs out of the screen.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dizzle
See, my reasoning is that Wulfgar and Obould are also both very smart, strong, and fast. Obould tossed a frost giant queen with a punch. She was the aggressor as well, she threatens, he tosses. Too fast for her to react. As to brains, Wulfgar was trained by Drizzt. He's plenty battle savvy. Obould was blessed by Grummsh with extraordinary intelligence. He successfully leads ORCS to a win against Mithril Hall. Superior numbers, yes, but he orchestrated a full scale seige against a fortress and some battle hardened dwarves.

Errtu is stronger, faster, and smarter than all of them, but Errtu beat the crap out of Drizzt until Drizzt figured out that Icingdeath both protects him from fire and drains Errtu's health. Though for his benefit, Errtu's blade was lightning oriented, so Drizzt couldn't block anything without getting severely shocked.

And saying that Sarevok outsmarts Drizzt is saying that Juggernaut outsmarts Batman. Definitely not happening. Drizzt is the KING of using his surroundings.

I also didn't mention Guenhwyvar. A 600 pound, intelligent magic panther is an asset to anyone in any fight.

I give the nod to Drizzt, solely because A: Speed almost always beats strength, and B: Sarevok is nothing really new to Drizzt. Big, powerful, fairly fast dudes are his bread and butter.

Gamewise, they tie. But Drizzt has the luxury of book feats, where Sarevok does not. (unless someone's read the books... if you have, please feel free to enlighten)


I can agree here...


__________________


Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2005 01:46 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creshosk
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location:

Drizzt has battled demons from the 9 plains of hell themselves, he'll barely work up a sweat here today. . .

I don't know, My character stomped both of them easily.


__________________

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2005 01:54 PM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Gender: Male
Location: Kicking pigs out of the screen.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Creshosk
Drizzt has battled demons from the 9 plains of hell themselves, he'll barely work up a sweat here today. . .

I don't know, My character stomped both of them easily.
As did mine


__________________


Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2005 01:55 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

Gender: Male
Location: The KMC Carrier

(Monks kick ass)

Yeah, neither were real problems here. I'd say Jon Irenicus is probably the hardest end boss in any of the games...


__________________

DarkCrawler is my hero... RESPECT LEONARD NIMOY!!!

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2005 03:34 AM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Gender: Male
Location: Kicking pigs out of the screen.

Meh, sarevok was worse, considering the limitations.

By the time you were in the second one, there were sooo many options...


__________________


Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2005 03:45 AM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creshosk
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dizzle
(Monks kick ass)

Yeah, neither were real problems here. I'd say Jon Irenicus is probably the hardest end boss in any of the games...
Actually since I carried my character over I kinda punked him pretty quickly.


__________________

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2005 03:57 AM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

Gender: Male
Location: The KMC Carrier

Well that's cheating then... I played him twice. First I lost, second I won. I hadn't hit the max level with any of my guys yet though...


__________________

DarkCrawler is my hero... RESPECT LEONARD NIMOY!!!

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2005 04:00 AM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creshosk
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dizzle
Well that's cheating then... I played him twice. First I lost, second I won. I hadn't hit the max level with any of my guys yet though...
Cheating?

He's set up so you don't have to carry your character over, you can create anew from the beginning, those characters are significantly weaker than my end game of the previous game.

I leveled up and found side quests like crazy. Leveling up as high as I could go.

So by the time I got to him I was well over where I was supposed to be.


__________________

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2005 04:05 AM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Gender: Male
Location: Kicking pigs out of the screen.

Ah...

My characters were the most powerful without cheating, but now my comp isn't reading the backup saves
so...


__________________


Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2005 04:05 AM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
All times are UTC. The time now is 04:01 AM.
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread

Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Sarevok vs. Drizzt

Email this Page
Subscribe to this Thread
   Post New Thread  Post A Reply

Forum Jump:
Search by user:
 

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is OFF
vB code is ON
Smilies are ON
[IMG] code is ON

Text-only version
 

< - KillerMovies.com - Forum Archive - Forum Rules >


© Copyright 2000-2006, KillerMovies.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by: vBulletin, copyright ©2000-2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.