KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Smallville Forum » Doomday on Smallville

Doomday on Smallville
Started by: FistOfThe North

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FistOfThe North

Doomday on Smallville

It was announced in June 2008 that Witwer had been cast as Davis Bloome (Aka: Doomsday; the character from the Superman comics, best known for being the only villain to have killed Superman), a charming paramedic, on Smallville.

- wiki

(Samuel Witer is the same guy that voices the Darth Vader's apprentice in "The Force Unleased" star wars video game. They also use his likeness in the game, as well)

Cool. Doomsday? That'll be worth a watch. Even if we don't get to see the monster but just the guy prior to him becoming the (only) person/monster to ever actually kill Superman.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Sep 8th, 2008 04:31 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Oh yea, he's also in Soul Caliber 4. The dudes exact same picture is in the character selecton screen. (as the apprentice)

wow, imagine being in a video game as an official character with your likeness that comes packaged in retail. (that everyone gets) Good stuff.

So your in the best fighting game on the planet and the best SW game ever 2 come out. Nice.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Sep 8th, 2008 04:38 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

That might just be the most horrible thing I ever heard

Old Post Sep 8th, 2008 05:59 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bardock42
That might just be the most horrible thing I ever heard

Which part of it?

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Sep 8th, 2008 07:23 PM
FistOfThe North

ah. how sweet. the 1st sign of doomsday has just been revealed on tonights show..

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Sep 26th, 2008 01:21 AM
Magee

Do they really need to do every thing different, if it ain't broke don't fix it. Nothing will be good about this, expect some crappy 3 minute confrontation followed by plot device for Clark to win. I just know this is going to be horrible.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2008 02:52 AM
Magee is currently offline Click here to Send Magee a Private Message Find more posts by Magee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RevoWution™©®
pr0F3ss0r_F4rnsw0rth

Originally posted by FistOfThe North
ah. how sweet. the 1st sign of doomsday has just been revealed on tonights show..

I think he just had itchy eyebrows smile

Looks like season 8's gonna be pretty decent after all!

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: All your Rick Roll are belong to me!!

Old Post Sep 29th, 2008 03:21 AM
RevoWution™©® is currently offline Click here to Send RevoWution™©® a Private Message Find more posts by RevoWution™©® Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Markus Corvinus
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm actually really glad they're deciding to go this route with Doomsday, and getting Witwer as Doomsday was a steal. I can't wait to see him & Clark duke it out.

"Major, a great writer once said; "There are clefts in the rock where we see the back part of God and tremble." There's no training for what you saw out there because it's not an enemy that confronts us. It's a new power, let loose through a crack in the cliff of nature's mystery."

Old Post Oct 17th, 2008 05:38 AM
Markus Corvinus is currently offline Click here to Send Markus Corvinus a Private Message Find more posts by Markus Corvinus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Big O
The Original O

i think that they're going to greatly depower him because clark isn't all that he could be rigth now and the writers know that with clark's current status, he wouldn't stand a chance against doomsday

In the mean time, I never DID see that anime where I unintentionally got my name from. Is it any good

Old Post Oct 17th, 2008 05:54 AM
The Big O is currently offline Click here to Send The Big O a Private Message Find more posts by The Big O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Doomsday will not be good

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 17th, 2008 06:55 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Ordained
i think that they're going to greatly depower him because clark isn't all that he could be rigth now and the writers know that with clark's current status, he wouldn't stand a chance against doomsday

he's afraid of heights, a full powered dd would walk all over him...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 17th, 2008 07:08 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

This is just stupid

TGFwashere

Old Post Oct 17th, 2008 09:07 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Markus Corvinus
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not really, it's pretty smart what they're doing, and Clark has shown improvement over the years as a fighter, especially when he fought Titan in season six. In any case, I think Doomsday versus Clark is going to be the best fight of the series yet...whenever it happens.

"Major, a great writer once said; "There are clefts in the rock where we see the back part of God and tremble." There's no training for what you saw out there because it's not an enemy that confronts us. It's a new power, let loose through a crack in the cliff of nature's mystery."

Old Post Oct 19th, 2008 02:25 AM
Markus Corvinus is currently offline Click here to Send Markus Corvinus a Private Message Find more posts by Markus Corvinus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Originally posted by Markus Corvinus
Not really, it's pretty smart what they're doing, and Clark has shown improvement over the years as a fighter, especially when he fought Titan in season six. In any case, I think Doomsday versus Clark is going to be the best fight of the series yet...whenever it happens.

How is it good? DD fought a grown up Supes. This is going to be stupid. I'd rather see Bizzaro or Darkseid come down and do something equally stupid.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Oct 19th, 2008 02:47 AM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MysteryRidah
Living Eternally

We will see how it will start next week. I think doomsday on sv is good and i can't wait until he changes completely , get super powers, explain where he is from, and a all out battle between superman and him fight Happy Dance

Old Post Oct 19th, 2008 04:14 AM
MysteryRidah is currently offline Click here to Send MysteryRidah a Private Message Find more posts by MysteryRidah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Markus Corvinus
Restricted

Account Restricted

Witwer has said we will see something very close to how he's interpreted in the comics, so that'll be cool. Season eight has been good so far (not that Smallville has had any bad seasons, anyway) so I think they'll do Doomsday justice.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2008 04:51 AM
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Originally posted by Markus Corvinus
Witwer has said we will see something very close to how he's interpreted in the comics, so that'll be cool. Season eight has been good so far (not that Smallville has had any bad seasons, anyway) so I think they'll do Doomsday justice.

If it's close to anything like Comic DD then Clark is going to die hard and fast. Current SV Clark is nothing compared to DOS Supes.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Oct 19th, 2008 05:52 AM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Originally posted by Raoul
he's afraid of heights, a full powered dd would walk all over him...
Hater!

I hope they don't mess this up. Smallville has done enough to mess with Superman continuity......though I enjoy the show.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Oct 20th, 2008 12:05 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Markus Corvinus
Restricted

Account Restricted

I wouldn't say they've messed up the continuity, they've actually made the character more enjoyable for me. Superman is boring at times, and all through Smallville Clark has been anything but boring for me. Also, I'm inclined to believe that Clark is pulling a JLU Superman type of thing and is holding back because he doesn't want to seriously hurt anyone. If he fights Doomsday, I'm pretty sure he'd be able to go toe to toe with him.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2008 01:47 AM
MysteryRidah
Living Eternally

Isn't Doomsday from another planet, with super powers?
Or am i missing something?

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2008 04:46 AM
MysteryRidah is currently offline Click here to Send MysteryRidah a Private Message Find more posts by MysteryRidah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote