KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Animations / CGI » Ratatouille

Ratatouille
Started by: ariwin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ariwin

Ratatouille

Who else is looking forward to this?

I saw the theatrical trailer for Ratatouille in front of POTC, and it looks SO good...the animation is so freaking gorgeous and the rat is so cute.

I just love Pixar. I bet this is going to be so good! Anyone else excited?

Old Post Jun 11th, 2007 08:56 PM
ariwin is currently offline Click here to Send ariwin a Private Message Find more posts by ariwin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xNIXSONx
PSN: IAMTHECAVALRY

im not excited

Old Post Jun 11th, 2007 09:11 PM
xNIXSONx is currently offline Click here to Send xNIXSONx a Private Message Find more posts by xNIXSONx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Saw a trailer for it months ago and have been looking forwards to it ever since, looks wonderful.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2007 03:23 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

Because it's a Pixar flick, I'll go to see it.

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Jun 12th, 2007 04:18 PM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ariwin

I think that everything about this movie looks gorgeous. And I keep seeing early screening reviews that are going on and on about how amazing the film is. I cannot wait to see this.

Can you guys believe how real the animation makes everyone look? You can see the rat's individual little hairs! I'm so impressed.

Have y'all seen the nine-minute preview they released? Gives you more of a sense of the story.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2007 09:43 PM
ariwin is currently offline Click here to Send ariwin a Private Message Find more posts by ariwin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Some critics are saying it's the funniest pixar movie ever!

Old Post Jun 18th, 2007 01:22 AM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BakaXero
Free SUGAR!

Pixar movies are usually great.
Compared to other 3d movies they still top the charts with their well rounded storylines. Most 3d movies these days are a bit flat...

Old Post Jun 18th, 2007 02:57 AM
BakaXero is currently offline Click here to Send BakaXero a Private Message Find more posts by BakaXero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Pixar movies have a great reputation. So, yes.

Also, they're freakin' rats! Everything done with rats is hilarious!

Rat can-can chorus line, rat gladiators, rat nascar racing, rat catching, Splinter etc..etc..

Old Post Jun 19th, 2007 05:32 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

oddly, i got to see this movie on saturday (some kinda preview they had at a bunch of theaters) and enjoyed it. great story, great animation. very well done.

"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here."

Old Post Jun 20th, 2007 07:31 PM
Schecter is currently offline Click here to Send Schecter a Private Message Find more posts by Schecter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ariwin

Pixar consistently makes amazing movies - they are absolutely the best at animation, their stuff always looks so gorgeous. The thing with Pixar, too, is that they don't rest on just having beautiful animation/visuals - they always have really great stories too that are funny and touching without being sappy. I love their work.

Looking at some of the stuff from this movie, like the shots of the Paris skyline and stuff is incredible. It's so detailed!

The early reviews for this are amazing so far, it really sounds like it's a great movie. All this positive press is getting me *super* excited!

Old Post Jun 20th, 2007 09:54 PM
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm actually not looking forward to it, especially after the disappointment which was "Cars."

I also don't like how there's no central theme as was in the others.

"Toys"
"Bugs"
"Monsters"
"Fish"
"Humans/Super Heroes"
"Cars"

And now............

What?

"Rats/Humans/Chefs"????

It's just so mixed up it seems if they're shooting for a central theme as in the others.

I'm not saying they have to stick to that formula. I guess after a while you run out of things, I don't know really know what they were going for, but in my opinion they've definitely left that "Central Theme" formula thing and have come up with this random movie.

So I'm not saying b/c of these reasons it won't be good. I'm not saying I'm not looking forward to the movie b/c of this. I was just stating beside the fact that I'm not looking forward to this movie, I also feel kind of miscombobulated b/c of the lack of central theme as in the others.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Jun 21st, 2007 05:20 AM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

My nephew loved Cars. I am taking him to see this.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 21st, 2007 10:01 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ariwin

Well, I actually liked Cars alot, in fact I think I've basically really liked every Pixar movie.

It doesn't seem random to me at all. I think it does have a theme - the rat wants to be a chef, he wants to follow his dream but his dream is something that's very...well, not something that's so easy to do for a rat. And there also seems to be an element of the unlikely friendship kind of theme, as well, with the relationship between the rat and the boy. Plenty going on there, IMO. The best element of Pixar movies, besides the animation, is how solid their stories are.

The early reviews it's getting are beyond glowing, so I'm assuming there is something solid story-wise there.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2007 05:21 PM
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

I didn't say it didn't have a theme.

I was comparing the Previous Pixar Movie CENTRAL THEMES to this movie which doesn't seem to have one as the others did. It goes in a whole other direction than the other ones did, which is why I see it as random. They're breaking the mold and just making a movie that doesn't focus on ONE MAIN THING/THEME. It doesn't stand out as the other ones did.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2007 07:48 PM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

If it's Pixar it'll be good. I'll catch it.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2007 05:11 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

I loved Toy Story movies and The Incredibles. Cars was too boring, at least for me. I thought Ratatouille was ok, didnt care much for it and seeing rats cooking was somewhat disgusting, even if they are animated. The animation was excellent though.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2007 03:25 AM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

This movie looks like utter trash.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Jul 8th, 2007 04:10 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

I saw this movie last week and I gotta say, I liked it. It's different from most pixar movies because it's less adventurous, except for the very beginning, and more story driven. You won't remember it for it's cool animation, but for it's story and characters. It is funny, I don't recall laughing my entire ass off at any given moment, but I did have a smile on my face for most of the time. The story itself is one that has to be told in the form of animation, otherwise this movie would be completely ridiculous and unbelievable. Pixar did a fine job. To sum it up . . . it was cute!

Old Post Jul 9th, 2007 12:03 AM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Yeah, just saw it. It was good. But how it ended with what happened seemed a little messed up. Meaning they lost more than they gained, to me but other than that, a fine movie it was. Especially the nostalgia scene with the critic from hell after he tasted that last meal. That's the only part that made me chuckle. I've seen better Pixar films though.

Grade: B+

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jul 9th, 2007 01:40 AM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Oomny
Promising Tomorrows

I do want to see it. you can't have pixar make a bad movie. although bugs life came close and yet was enjoyable

Old Post Jul 9th, 2007 05:08 AM
Oomny is currently offline Click here to Send Oomny a Private Message Find more posts by Oomny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote