KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Best/Favorite Batman

Who is your favorite Batman....who do you consider the best?
This poll is closed.
Adam West 5 8.33%
Michael Keaton 12 20.00%
Val Kilmer 1 1.67%
George Clooney 2 3.33%
Christian Bale 40 66.67%
Total: 60 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Best/Favorite Batman
Started by: Da Joker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

Best/Favorite Batman

Out of all the Batmen thus far, talk about which is your favorite and who you think is the best.

(please log in to view the image)

I believe Christian Bale has the best Bruce Wayne & Batman, no doubt. He was really able to capture Wayne well in the sense that he could easily throw people off of any possibility of him being Batman which was by coming off as snobby and a rich prick. His Batman is untouched as well because he's straight out of the comics. He doesn't joke around, he knows a great deal of martial arts and is an adept fighter, and he really acts like a detective. Keaton is my second choice, but even he wasn't as good as Bale who is an all around better actor than any actor to play Batman.

You guys need to start taking things a little more seriously.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2008 06:47 AM
Harvey Two-Face is currently offline Click here to Send Harvey Two-Face a Private Message Find more posts by Harvey Two-Face Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

I agree about Christian Bale. I thought Val Kilmer was too brooding and George Clooney wasn't brooding enough. Adam West, even though he's great, just isn't the definitive Batman, and Michael Keaton did his best to bring out the dark side of Batman, but it just kind of fell apart.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2008 02:33 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Bale by far.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Aug 6th, 2008 02:43 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SelinaAndBruce

My favorite is still Michael Keaton by a hair.

Selina: No darker than yours, Bruce

Old Post Aug 6th, 2008 04:09 PM
SelinaAndBruce is currently offline Click here to Send SelinaAndBruce a Private Message Find more posts by SelinaAndBruce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dyno
Authority

this thread should be burned

Bale ftw stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 6th, 2008 04:19 PM
Dyno is currently offline Click here to Send Dyno a Private Message Find more posts by Dyno Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nimbus006
Accuser

Bale by a healthy margin.

By: Juk

Old Post Aug 6th, 2008 04:22 PM
nimbus006 is currently offline Click here to Send nimbus006 a Private Message Find more posts by nimbus006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

There is no "best" Batman...

It's all a matter of opinion...

You can't say "So-and-so is the best Batman", because you can't prove it... Anything you use to prove it would just be based in opinion...

With that said, my FAVORITE is a tie between Keaton and Bale...

Old Post Aug 6th, 2008 05:08 PM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Keaton, imo, let himself be overshadowed by Jack Nicholson. The writers and Tim Burton are primarily to blame for that, but Keaton resorted to some really odd behavior like Bruce Wayne spying on his guests. I know he spies on people in TDK, but not at his own house behind a two-way mirror before any danger has happened. I also didn't care for his outburst at Vicky Vale's place. Batman doesn't just explode and if Bruce Wayne needs to stop a crime without becoming Batman, he does it covertly and most people dismiss it as him being stupid or drunk.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2008 06:12 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

The best Batman is Christian Bale, period....

The only thing in my opinion that saved Mr. Mom was his batsuit.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 6th, 2008 07:03 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

Can this "best Batman" be PROVEN to be the best Batman?

No, he can't...

NO ONE can prove that a "best Batman" exists...

There are so many different variations of Batman that a "best" version doesn't even exist... It's all opinion...

Old Post Aug 6th, 2008 07:57 PM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dude, it's a matter of opinion, hence why I put tell who you think is the best or who's your favorite, it doesn't have to be proven or anything, give your opinion and have a healthy discussion.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2008 07:59 PM
Harvey Two-Face is currently offline Click here to Send Harvey Two-Face a Private Message Find more posts by Harvey Two-Face Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by willofthewisp
Keaton, imo, let himself be overshadowed by Jack Nicholson. The writers and Tim Burton are primarily to blame for that, but Keaton resorted to some really odd behavior like Bruce Wayne spying on his guests. I know he spies on people in TDK, but not at his own house behind a two-way mirror before any danger has happened. I also didn't care for his outburst at Vicky Vale's place. Batman doesn't just explode and if Bruce Wayne needs to stop a crime without becoming Batman, he does it covertly and most people dismiss it as him being stupid or drunk.

I totally agree. Each time I watch it I'm like "What the **** was the point of that?" The Joker wasn't even going to harm him or anything, he just wanted Vale. That whole part was pretty stupid, and I didn't like how Alfred just let her into the batcave. C'mon, how do we know she wasn't going to spill the secret into everyone's lap?

Old Post Aug 6th, 2008 08:01 PM
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Well, apparently everyone in that movie loves Vicky for some reason, so don't be too hard on Alfred. laughing

Old Post Aug 6th, 2008 08:03 PM
D_A_R_E
Heiress of Darkness

I say Bale is the best, but others might have a different opinion.

"I'll take the world when it turns on you. I'll set it on fire.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2008 08:06 PM
D_A_R_E is currently offline Click here to Send D_A_R_E a Private Message Find more posts by D_A_R_E Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

Originally posted by Da Joker
Dude, it's a matter of opinion, hence why I put tell who you think is the best or who's your favorite, it doesn't have to be proven or anything, give your opinion and have a healthy discussion.

It's the fact that people can claim that one is the "best"... One can't be the "best" at something unless it can be proven that they're truly the best... You can't prove that Bale is better than West or Keaton or Kilmer or Clooney or Conroy, or Romano, or anyone else, because it's all opinion...

A better way to put it is "favorite", because that's what it is...

And Bruce did that in Vicki's apartment because he knew Vicki was in danger, so he acted in a manner to draw the danger to him, taking Vicki out of harm's way (at least, that's how I interpreted it)...

Old Post Aug 6th, 2008 08:07 PM
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

They can call whoever they want the best, it's their opinion, just leave it at that.

The Joker was never going to harm Vicki, so the scene was pointless. I thought of that a couple times but the Joker was never going top harm her because his own twisted way he "loved" her.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2008 08:13 PM
nimbus006
Accuser

Originally posted by Bat Dude
There is no "best" Batman...

It's all a matter of opinion...

You can't say "So-and-so is the best Batman", because you can't prove it... Anything you use to prove it would just be based in opinion...

With that said, my FAVORITE is a tie between Keaton and Bale...

The thread starter asked a question, and I simpy answered it.

Who was your favorite Batman?

My answer, Bale.

By: Juk

Old Post Aug 6th, 2008 08:39 PM
nimbus006 is currently offline Click here to Send nimbus006 a Private Message Find more posts by nimbus006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Originally posted by Bat Dude
It's the fact that people can claim that one is the "best"... One can't be the "best" at something unless it can be proven that they're truly the best... You can't prove that Bale is better than West or Keaton or Kilmer or Clooney or Conroy, or Romano, or anyone else, because it's all opinion...

A better way to put it is "favorite", because that's what it is...

And Bruce did that in Vicki's apartment because he knew Vicki was in danger, so he acted in a manner to draw the danger to him, taking Vicki out of harm's way (at least, that's how I interpreted it)...

Dude, stop flippin a *****. The thread starter asked in the first post for people to talk about who they think is the best Batman. Nobody is claiming that it can be proven that one actor was superior, people are giving their opinions like they were asked, so just calm down and stop posting useless shit.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Aug 6th, 2008 08:47 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Dude, stop flippin a *****. The thread starter asked in the first post for people to talk about who they think is the best Batman. Nobody is claiming that it can be proven that one actor was superior, people are giving their opinions like they were asked, so just calm down and stop posting useless shit.

quote:
The best Batman is Christian Bale, period....

That doesn't really sound much like an opinion... It sounds more like a "he's the best, and if you think otherwise, you're stupid"...

Maybe I'm just grumpy today, but that's what it sounded like... If it wasn't, I'm sorry for going off on a tangent...

I rest my case...

Old Post Aug 6th, 2008 09:05 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Da Joker
I totally agree. Each time I watch it I'm like "What the **** was the point of that?" The Joker wasn't even going to harm him or anything, he just wanted Vale. That whole part was pretty stupid, and I didn't like how Alfred just let her into the batcave. C'mon, how do we know she wasn't going to spill the secret into everyone's lap?

Vicky Vale was just horribly written. I know Kim Bassinger was hot back then, she was all totally wrong for the role.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 6th, 2008 10:19 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote