KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » British people are dumb too. (Not all of you, obviously.)

British people are dumb too. (Not all of you, obviously.)
Started by: dadudemon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dadudemon

British people are dumb too. (Not all of you, obviously.)

I found this article quite humorous. There were a few things in here that could only have been uttered or written by a British person. (The "biscuit" one comes to mind.)

http://www.theage.com.au/travel/tra...90411-a3hb.html

quote:
DAMN those wide sandy beaches and oceans full of fish. And let's not get started on the consistency of gravy.

Honestly, it's enough to ruin a perfectly pleasant holiday, according to a list of recent complaints by not-so-intrepid British tourists.

Consider this "it's all your fault" rant by a woman who returned to Britain with an unexpected holiday souvenir: "My fiance and I booked a twin-bedded room, but we were placed in a double-bedded room. We now hold you responsible for the fact that I find myself pregnant."

Her complaint and scores like it, compiled by the Association of British Travel Agents and Thomas Cook, have done nothing to dispel the whingeing Pom cliche.

In one case, a British guest at a Novotel hotel in Australia made a fuss about his soup being too thick and strong. He had been supping from the gravy boat.

Another culinarily challenged traveller grumbled that "on my holiday to Goa in India, I was disgusted to find that almost every restaurant served curry. I don't like spicy food at all."

Other British tourists found their holidays were spoiled because "the beach was too sandy" and "no one told us there would be fish in the sea; the children were startled".

One disgruntled wife declared that topless sunbathing should be banned because her "holiday was ruined as my husband spent all day looking at other women".

While Australians love a rant as much as the next ticked-off customer, they are more likely to see the funny side of a bad situation than British tourists, Flight Centre spokesman Haydn Long said.

"Australians tend to be a little bit more adventurous and when you take the more adventurous option, you tend to be more tolerant of things not always being perfect."

Peter Hook, spokesman for the country's largest hotel group, Accor Asia Pacific, said Australians have a more laid-back attitude to travel because we've had to "overcome the tyranny of distance".

"When you fly 24 hours to the UK, a park bench looks attractive compared to an economy airline seat.

"Travel is in the blood of Australians and they also see the humour in situations. Other nationalities can be far more irritable."

How do you tell when a plane full of British tourists has landed? A selection of complaints from travellers from the UK

* We bought Ray-Ban sunglasses for five euros ($9) from a street trader, only to find out they were fake.

* The brochure stated: "No hairdressers at the accommodation." We're trainee hairdressers — will we be OK staying here?

* There are too many Spanish people. The receptionist speaks Spanish. The food is Spanish. Too many foreigners.

* We found the sand was not like the sand in the brochure. Your brochure shows the sand as yellow but it was white.

* We had to queue outside with no air-conditioning.

* I think it should be explained in the brochure that the local store does not sell proper biscuits like custard creams or ginger nuts.

* It's lazy of the local shopkeepers to close in the afternoons. I often needed to buy things during "siesta" time — this should be banned.

* I was bitten by a mosquito — no one said they could bite.

* We booked an excursion to a water park but no one told us we had to bring our swimming costumes and towels.

SOURCE: ASSOCIATION FOR BRITISH TRAVEL AGENTS, THOMAS COOK

It just makes me feel better knowing that there are plenty of stupid British people out there. Some British folk are so arrogant and uppity about how superior, intellectually, they are. Take THAT British people. HA! laughing

On another note, Aussies are apparantly cool people. (In both senses of "cool".)

Old Post Apr 20th, 2009 01:59 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RogerRamjet
Playground Superstar

too ****in' long...

Sig by Scy!

Old Post Apr 20th, 2009 02:17 AM
RogerRamjet is currently offline Click here to Send RogerRamjet a Private Message Find more posts by RogerRamjet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Röland
Masked Vigilante

tl;dr

Rorschach's Journal: October 12th, 1985. Tonight, a comedian died in New York.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2009 02:19 AM
Röland is currently offline Click here to Send Röland a Private Message Find more posts by Röland Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

I was at a topless beach once.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2009 02:19 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

Re: British people are dumb too. (Not all of you, obviously.)

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon

On another note, Aussies are apparantly cool people. (In both senses of "cool".)

sexy too

Old Post Apr 20th, 2009 02:21 AM
That ACDC Chick is currently offline Click here to Send That ACDC Chick a Private Message Find more posts by That ACDC Chick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sancty
-

Y-you of all people have a problem with others being arrogant?

Old Post Apr 20th, 2009 02:21 AM
Sancty is currently offline Click here to Send Sancty a Private Message Find more posts by Sancty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

British people arrogant? Nooooooooooooooo.......

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2009 02:25 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kostabot
I'm a rooster illusion

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
I was at a topless beach once.

Hidden in the bushes with a camera?

What is this I don't even

Old Post Apr 20th, 2009 02:29 AM
Kostabot is currently offline Click here to Send Kostabot a Private Message Find more posts by Kostabot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Sanctuary
Y-you of all people have a problem with others being arrogant?

There's a difference between actually being gooood, and thinking you're better than everyone else, love.

Edit- When it comes to academia, my wife thinks I am absurdly arrogant...because I always have to have the highest grade in all my classes...which the vast majority of the time, I do. no expression But, that's pretty much it. I'm a has been football player and I'm ugly with a shady sense of humor, at best. I don't see how that equates arrogance.

Originally posted by Kostabot
Hidden in the bushes with a camera?

lol

We're both in the bushes next to him, though. no expression

Last edited by dadudemon on Apr 20th, 2009 at 02:37 AM

Old Post Apr 20th, 2009 02:33 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sancty
-

There's a difference between actually being gooood, and thinking you're better than everyone else, love.

Edit- When it comes to academia, my wife thinks I am absurdly arrogant...because I always have to have the highest grade in all my classes...which the vast majority of the time, I do. no expression But, that's pretty much it. I'm a has been football player and I'm ugly with a shady sense of humor, at best. I don't see how that equates arrogance.

Case in point.

It's great that you're so delusional proud of yourself.

Also nice work with all teh editing to make yourself look better.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2009 02:38 AM
Sancty is currently offline Click here to Send Sancty a Private Message Find more posts by Sancty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Case in point.

It's great that you're so delusional proud of yourself.

Also nice work with all teh editing to make yourself look better.

laughing out loud

look "better"?

So who's delusional? The travel freak, or the realist. hmmmm....

wink

Old Post Apr 20th, 2009 02:40 AM
Sancty
-

laughing out loud

look "better"?

So who's delusional? The travel freak, or the realist. hmmmm....

wink

Come on, we both know..

Old Post Apr 20th, 2009 02:41 AM
Ax3l
Dream Finder

A rude Frenchman?! Well, I never!

One little spark...

Old Post Apr 20th, 2009 02:42 AM
Ax3l is currently offline Click here to Send Ax3l a Private Message Find more posts by Ax3l Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Come on, we both know..

Yes. We both know you're quite a cutie . And a soft spot for cute little animals.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2009 02:43 AM
Sancty
-

Yes. We both know you're quite a cutie . And a soft spot for cute little animals.

I'm a soft spot for cute little animals? blink

Marius teached Yuki sit!

Old Post Apr 20th, 2009 02:47 AM
Kostabot
I'm a rooster illusion

lol

We're both in the bushes next to him, though. no expression

Nah. I'm about half a click out to sea with a periscope. wink

What is this I don't even

Old Post Apr 20th, 2009 02:48 AM
Kostabot is currently offline Click here to Send Kostabot a Private Message Find more posts by Kostabot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

I'm a soft spot for cute little animals? blink

Lulz.

I see what you did there you British person, you. I have an automatic handicap because I'm American. Besides, there's an understood ellipsis there. AHA!

Marius teached Yuki sit!

That is too cute. I would love to see a vid of that. Have good ol' Bards post it up as a vid in the pet thread.

Originally posted by Kostabot
Nah. I'm about half a click out to sea with a periscope. wink

Good show, chap. That will keep you out of the ringer.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2009 02:50 AM
Kram3r

Re: British people are dumb too. (Not all of you, obviously.)

Yes.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2009 02:55 AM
Kram3r is currently offline Click here to Send Kram3r a Private Message Find more posts by Kram3r Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RogerRamjet
Playground Superstar

that's a pile o' dingo crap an you know it!

Sig by Scy!

Old Post Apr 20th, 2009 02:56 AM
RogerRamjet is currently offline Click here to Send RogerRamjet a Private Message Find more posts by RogerRamjet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

...then we release you're American and feel better about everything.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Apr 20th, 2009 03:23 AM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote