KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » is it bad to be straight and not do things that many others do today ?

is it bad to be straight and not do things that many others do today ?
Started by: chomperx9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

Warning is it bad to be straight and not do things that many others do today ?

I feel left out in the world sometimes be cause i never get invited to party's or anything anymore. I'm guessing its because i don't drink or smoke pot. i don't smoke cause Ive already seen what its done to people already lost 2 people i love from ciggs including my father.

but i feel like I'm the only guy in my 20s that doesn't drink or smoke . when ever i meet some friends at a bar or something i feel embarrassed for ordering coke cause I'm not a beer fan. its not that i have anything against drinking its just i don't like the taste of beer and pretty much any other type of alcohol Ive tried so far. there are some whines i noticed i like when i 1st tried but they are expensive as hell. and i cant afford a drink of those every time i go out. forgot the names of them

anyways am i doing the right thing by not doing things that can be harmful to you even though pretty much everyone else does them ? i mean do you pretty much have to do some stuff that your not supposed to to make friends and get out with folks. cause that what everyone else does pretty much around here.

only time i get invited over to someones house its to play rockband or something that's it.

Old Post May 4th, 2009 03:30 AM
chomperx9 is currently offline Click here to Send chomperx9 a Private Message Find more posts by chomperx9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ax3l
Dream Finder

tl;dr

pathetic.

One little spark...

Old Post May 4th, 2009 03:30 AM
Ax3l is currently offline Click here to Send Ax3l a Private Message Find more posts by Ax3l Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Re: is it bad to be straight and not do things that many others do today ?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by chomperx9
I feel left out in the world sometimes be cause i never get invited to party's or anything anymore. I'm guessing its because i don't drink or smoke pot. i don't smoke cause Ive already seen what its done to people already lost 2 people i love from ciggs including my father.

but i feel like I'm the only guy in my 20s that doesn't drink or smoke . when ever i meet some friends at a bar or something i feel embarrassed for ordering coke cause I'm not a beer fan. its not that i have anything against drinking its just i don't like the taste of beer and pretty much any other type of alcohol Ive tried so far. there are some whines i noticed i like when i 1st tried but they are expensive as hell. and i cant afford a drink of those every time i go out. forgot the names of them

anyways am i doing the right thing by not doing things that can be harmful to you even though pretty much everyone else does them ? i mean do you pretty much have to do some stuff that your not supposed to to make friends and get out with folks. cause that what everyone else does pretty much around here.

only time i get invited over to someones house its to play rockband or something that's it.

Are you a closet Mormon? lol

Anyway, the types of "friends" that won't hang out with you because you don't drink or smoke pot, are not your friends.

You need to find a new friend demographic, homie. Sadly, that's the conservatives and the "nice" people who think it's okay just chill without chemicals doing things to YOUR body.

I was a party goer, ALOT, but I never drank or smoked anything. They still wanted me to come. Know why? I already seem like I'm on drugs, naturally. no expression If you have a great personality, you'll get invited just for the fun of having you. Try to be more extroverted and tell funny stories in funny ways, or tell funny jokes. Be the one to instigate the pranks, etc.

I am the same as you in that I HATE the taste of almost EVERY alcoholic beverage. There is NO beer that I like. NONE! Not even the festive Christmas beers that are sweeter. Cigs are the WORST! The stink, the get their stench in EVERYTHING, they are bad for you, and they are a fire hazard. They suck. (lol, no they don't...they get sucked on.)

Old Post May 4th, 2009 03:36 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: is it bad to be straight and not do things that many others do today ?

Originally posted by dadudemon
Are you a closet Mormon? lol

Anyway, the types of "friends" that won't hang out with you because you don't drink or smoke pot, are not your friends.

You need to find a new friend demographic, homie. Sadly, that's the conservatives and the "nice" people who think it's okay just chill without chemicals doing things to YOUR body.

I was a party goer, ALOT, but I never drank or smoked anything. They still wanted me to come. Know why? I already seem like I'm on drugs, naturally. no expression If you have a great personality, you'll get invited just for the fun of having you. Try to be more extroverted and tell funny stories in funny ways, or tell funny jokes. Be the one to instigate the pranks, etc.

I am the same as you in that I HATE the taste of almost EVERY alcoholic beverage. There is NO beer that I like. NONE! Not even the festive Christmas beers that are sweeter. Cigs are the WORST! The stink, the get their stench in EVERYTHING, they are bad for you, and they are a fire hazard. They suck. (lol, no they don't...they get sucked on.)
i have some friends that i hang out with one on one and stuff or maybe will have a rockband contest and 5 guys will come over on the weekends every now and then but some of my friends are big alcoholics and stuff and i know they still like me I'm guessing they don't invite me to when ever they go to a party or something is probably because they think I'm against people who drink or something which isn't true. i just don't like the taste of it.

Old Post May 4th, 2009 03:39 AM
chomperx9 is currently offline Click here to Send chomperx9 a Private Message Find more posts by chomperx9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kostabot
I'm a rooster illusion

If you don't sniff petrol or smoke crack, you're probably a loser. Sorry brah, tis the way the world is.

Time for my next hit.

What is this I don't even

Old Post May 4th, 2009 03:52 AM
Kostabot is currently offline Click here to Send Kostabot a Private Message Find more posts by Kostabot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeathKap
Vaizard

Find people like yourself an stop wantin to be with people that arent who u like to be with, but who u want to be with.

Sig By Starlock

Old Post May 4th, 2009 03:53 AM
DeathKap is currently offline Click here to Send DeathKap a Private Message Find more posts by DeathKap Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AbnormalButSane
Screw up

In the words of a crazy ass white man:

"Be good and you'll be lonely."

-Mark Twain

Old Post May 4th, 2009 03:55 AM
AbnormalButSane is currently offline Click here to Send AbnormalButSane a Private Message Find more posts by AbnormalButSane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by DeathKap
Find people like yourself an stop wantin to be with people that arent who u like to be with, but who u want to be with.
i dont mind being with those people cause they are my friends its just the stuff they do on there spare time i dont do. only time we hang out is when its video games involved or we all go see a movie. but i never get invited to any big parties or anything cause i dont drink and smoke

Old Post May 4th, 2009 03:56 AM
DeathKap
Vaizard

So ndrinkin an smokin is the only thing they do? thats it? that is the main of everything? That chooses who they invite? Well sorry but they don't sound all that great.

Sig By Starlock

Old Post May 4th, 2009 03:58 AM
DeathKap is currently offline Click here to Send DeathKap a Private Message Find more posts by DeathKap Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kostabot
I'm a rooster illusion

To be serious for a second though. There are times throughout the year when I don't drink or smoke pot for up to 2 or 3 months at a time, either due to training requirements, or uni workload. I still go to most of the parties and have a good time, but for me personally, being around a bunch of people that are chemically altered, either from alcohol, pot, or other substances, is no fun. Simply due to the fact that unless I'm on the same level, it's very difficult to converse with them. That doesn't mean I don't like my friends during those periods, I simply don't relate to them as well. I'm lucky enough to have very like minded friends though, that do these things in moderation, and I spend plenty of time with them without drugs or alcohol being introduced in to the picture.

I doubt it has anything to do with the fact that you chose not to do these things, but rather more to do with what kind of friends you have, and how they value and view your friendship. If you're just another person for them to get f*cked up with, then unfortunately for you, there will be very little common ground on which to build any sort of meaningful friendship.

Go out and find people with a mindset similar to yours, and your problems regarding this will be gone.

Old Post May 4th, 2009 04:00 AM
Kostabot is currently offline Click here to Send Kostabot a Private Message Find more posts by Kostabot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

So ndrinkin an smokin is the only thing they do? thats it? that is the main of everything? That chooses who they invite? Well sorry but they don't sound all that great.
smoking and drinking is what pretty much any young person in their 20s does these days. if i go to a bar with them and stuff to watch a fight or a game i look stupid ordering a soda when im sitting there at the bar.

Old Post May 4th, 2009 04:01 AM
Kostabot
I'm a rooster illusion

smoking and drinking is what pretty much any young person in their 20s does these days. if i go to a bar with them and stuff to watch a fight or a game i look stupid ordering a soda when im sitting there at the bar.

You look stupid? Rubbish. If you don't fel stupid, you won't look stupid.

Old Post May 4th, 2009 04:02 AM
DeathKap
Vaizard

Well I am young but is that all u people do? Can't find a few nice clean people? guess they don't exist.

Sig By Starlock

Old Post May 4th, 2009 04:05 AM
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well I am young but is that all u people do? Can't find a few nice clean people? guess they don't exist.
well i live in a major city here alot of people do stuff they are not supposed to. if your a country boy might be a little hard to understand where im getting at.

Old Post May 4th, 2009 04:07 AM
DeathKap
Vaizard

I live in the city.

Sig By Starlock

Old Post May 4th, 2009 04:08 AM
dadudemon

Originally posted by Kostabot
You look stupid? Rubbish. If you don't fel stupid, you won't look stupid.

Uh...I disagree. laughing

A lot of times, it the people who are unaware of their stupid-lookingness or stupid actions that make them look stupid, even though they don't think they look stupid. AHA!

Old Post May 4th, 2009 04:09 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

afew nights ago i ordered a miller light cause one of my friends had a talk with me awhile back there's nothing wrong with drinking. so he kinda encouraged me to order one when we hung out the other night. didn't feel bad drinking i just didn't like the flavor to much.

Old Post May 4th, 2009 04:14 AM
DeathKap
Vaizard

i'm 16, an people I know alway's drink an smoke weed, an pop pills wich is most of every teen i know. But I hang with the people who r nice, an don't need that to have an awesome time.

Sig By Starlock

Old Post May 4th, 2009 04:16 AM
Kostabot
I'm a rooster illusion

Originally posted by dadudemon
Uh...I disagree. laughing

A lot of times, it the people who are unaware of their stupid-lookingness or stupid actions that make them look stupid, even though they don't think they look stupid. AHA!

In a broader context, yes. I'm talking about this particular scenario though.

Old Post May 4th, 2009 04:24 AM
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

i'm 16, an people I know alway's drink an smoke weed, an pop pills wich is most of every teen i know. But I hang with the people who r nice, an don't need that to have an awesome time.
when i was in my teens it was different it was all video games my friends stuck to that's when i got invited over more often and we hung out more. now its clubs and drinking and smoking what they do. i mean yeah in high school some of the dudes snuck in some stuff in the locker room they weren't supposed to that's when i 1st tried ciggs. but back then was mostly video games

Old Post May 4th, 2009 04:26 AM