KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Artwork Forum » Which drawing app for Tablet

Which drawing app for Tablet
Started by: Bicnarok

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

Which drawing app for Tablet

Got a Bamboo pen and touch drawing tablet for my birthday and not sure what´s the best app to use.

I´m used to Photoshop (Cybershop CS4) but maybe there´s just too many buttons and stuff for just drawing.

Trying Corel Painter 7 which lacks certain aspects of CS4 which I´m used to.

Also trying Autodesk Sketchbook pro which has an excellent interface but I seem to have problem doing certain things and it´s a bit jerky on my Laptop which I use on the balcony sometimes.

I´m wanting to make my own comic book eventually, (a dream of mine) So any opinions or insights would be nice..)

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2010 06:58 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

Well I found an excellent app called "Manga Studio" which suits my needs, so if anyone ever shows any interest in this subject try that out.smile

Old Post Apr 28th, 2010 08:13 AM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

I can't give you any advice on what program to use, however there's an interesting blog I follow which deals with someone learning how to make a comic from scratch, perhaps you would find it interesting:

http://projectwaldo.blogspot.com/20...and-punish.html

Old Post Apr 28th, 2010 04:01 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

I use Photoshop most of the time (I have CS4, and all of the stuff about CS5 has me bouncing off the walls with excitement), and sometimes OpenCanvas. I've also heard that Paint Tool SAI is a great program.

Painter is, as the name suggests, best for painting. I would suggest learning to use Photoshop and sticking with that. It's a complex program to be sure (I've been using it for nine years now), but it's the industry standard for a reason. Don't even bother messing with the filters or anything like that. All you need to learn to use to draw in Photoshop is the brush tool, and the various options available to it. That's it. Hell, simply by learning to do that and how to utilize layers, you can seriously do pretty much anything with Photoshop. It's not a powerful program because of the filters or anything like that, it is because of the sheer number of things you can do with the simple, basic tools it has.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Apr 29th, 2010 12:51 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bardock42
I can't give you any advice on what program to use, however there's an interesting blog I follow which deals with someone learning how to make a comic from scratch, perhaps you would find it interesting:

http://projectwaldo.blogspot.com/20...and-punish.html

Thanks for that, very interesting.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Peach
.....I would suggest learning to use Photoshop and sticking with that. It's a complex program to be sure (I've been using it for nine years now), but it's the industry standard for a reason. ....

Excellent advice Photoshop is the best option for me. Also the fastest programm what Ive tried so far. My PC aint the fastest so painter and Sketchbook pro to to stutter.

Once you get the hang of the short keys, and how to do certain things its brillain.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2010 06:00 PM