KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Who has lost a (human) loved one?

Who has lost a (human) loved one?
Started by: Lt_Champion

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lt_Champion
fragile, handle with care

Who has lost a (human) loved one?

If you did, how long ago did they die, and how did they die. Ill tell my story first.

Almost a year ago, on March 27,2008 I lost my step father. He was more of a father to me then my own dad was. He has had cancer in the past, three times, he survived all three times the last time was in 2000. the last 8 years of his life he was cancer free, but he was on alot of medicine. one day he quit all of them but cumadin (may have misspelled that) its a blood thinner. Well that day he was sick, coughing alot. Each day I would hug him and kiss his head and tell him I loved him before I'd go to school. Because he was like my father to me. Well that day I just huged him, and told him "I love you ill see you after school" and he said to me "I love you too, bye" and I left for school. I was in my math class when mom sent me a text telling me we werent going to pick up my new cell phone (that ment either my biological father caneled or something was wrong with my 'step' dad). I was all ready to yell at my biological father when I was called to the office at the end of math. I picked up a note at the office saying "Lynn will pick you up at 2:10. Things change" which was moms way of saying something had changed and it was bad enough I needed to leave early. so at 2:10 I was standing out by the office, waiting on lynn. I called my mom to see if i was in the right spot, and my uncle answered saying mom had him making calls for her, my first thought was "Oh my God, my step dad is dead" But I pushed the thought back trying to deny it. Well when lynn showed up, she took me to the hospital, where I found out my father had died, at 2:10....... I had lost the friend I spent 16 summers with..... I still miss him

Old Post Feb 11th, 2009 12:32 AM
Lt_Champion is currently offline Click here to Send Lt_Champion a Private Message Find more posts by Lt_Champion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I lost a very good friend on January 5, 2009. Shaunna was such a sweet friend who loved her friends more than herself. We had an open mic memorial rather than an open casket funeral and we reminisced about our dear friend. Then we proceeded to drink away our sorrows with copious amounts of alcohol.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Feb 11th, 2009 12:34 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lost my Grandma and Grandpa, Aunt and two Uncles.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2009 12:48 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Grey Fox
Restricted

Account Restricted

In the past 5 years, I've lost all of my close elderly reletives except my grandmother on my dad's side, and an uncle. The most recent one was one of my grandma's, who died today, only about 2 hours ago. I guess it's just something you get used to.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2009 12:52 AM
The Grey Fox is currently offline Click here to Send The Grey Fox a Private Message Find more posts by The Grey Fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

i lost my Pappy[grandfather on my dads side] on Sptember 11,2008 of congestive heart failure

Old Post Feb 11th, 2009 12:57 AM
That ACDC Chick is currently offline Click here to Send That ACDC Chick a Private Message Find more posts by That ACDC Chick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

I lost my dad last year

thank u bz

Old Post Feb 11th, 2009 01:08 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by guy222
I lost my dad last year

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 11th, 2009 01:11 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lt_Champion

My dad had a blood vessel burst by his heart. I ike to think of it as he was too hard headed to let cancer kill him, but he had a soft heart

Old Post Feb 11th, 2009 01:31 AM
Lt_Champion is currently offline Click here to Send Lt_Champion a Private Message Find more posts by Lt_Champion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kostabot
I'm a rooster illusion

Most of my family apart from my mother and father.

What is this I don't even

Old Post Feb 11th, 2009 01:32 AM
Kostabot is currently offline Click here to Send Kostabot a Private Message Find more posts by Kostabot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lt_Champion

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Lost my Grandma and Grandpa, Aunt and two Uncles.
awww *hugs RJ* why didnt you tell me!

Old Post Feb 11th, 2009 01:33 AM
hatredcopter

I lost my younger brother years ago. Still hurts.

hatredcopter is currently offline Click here to Send hatredcopter a Private Message Find more posts by hatredcopter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lt_Champion

Originally posted by Kosta
Most of my family apart from my mother and father.
sad

Originally posted by hatredcopter
I lost my younger brother years ago. Still hurts.

I have heard it doesnt go away, you just slowly get used to it, though the fits of saddness never go away.

Because I can
Defenestration

Victoria has just lost about 200 people in the bush fires...

Love is the triumph of imagination over intelligence
Thanks Scythe for the awesome sig

Old Post Feb 11th, 2009 10:01 AM
Because I can is currently offline Click here to Send Because I can a Private Message Find more posts by Because I can Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kram3r

Originally posted by Because I can
Victoria has just lost about 200 people in the bush fires...

What a coincidence that you knew them all.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2009 10:26 AM
Kram3r is currently offline Click here to Send Kram3r a Private Message Find more posts by Kram3r Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Piggle Humsy
Wiggle4life

My mum died when I was 6, since then I have lost 2 aunts, 1 great uncle, 4 great aunts, 2 uncles, 3 friends, 1 god daughter, 1 cousin, 4 grandparents.

So I've lost 20 people so far in my 26 years of life.

I hate funerals.

..T H I N K I N G.. ..B E E A N.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2009 10:49 AM
Piggle Humsy is currently offline Click here to Send Piggle Humsy a Private Message Find more posts by Piggle Humsy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kram3r

Originally posted by Piggle Humsy
My mum died when I was 6, since then I have lost 2 aunts, 1 great uncle, 4 great aunts, 2 uncles, 3 friends, 1 god daughter, 1 cousin, 4 grandparents.

So I've lost 20 people so far in my 26 years of life.

I hate funerals.

sad

Old Post Feb 11th, 2009 11:51 AM
Kram3r is currently offline Click here to Send Kram3r a Private Message Find more posts by Kram3r Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ms Chelle
ubuntu

..My cousin who was only 2 days old.
..My Grandma.
..My best friend.

My little cousin was born with something wrong with her... I dont remember exactly what though... it was a long time ago.

My Grandma battled cancer for a couple years before it won in the end.

My best friend died superbowl sunday night 1999. SHe was in a car accident... It had been snowing and the roads were icy... she lost control of her car and she ran into the back end of a logging truck.
Her death took me a few years to come to terms with.

made by Scribble

Old Post Feb 11th, 2009 02:33 PM
Ms Chelle is currently offline Click here to Send Ms Chelle a Private Message Find more posts by Ms Chelle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Baylin
Back in story!

Not all the people I've lost are dead, which I think in some ways is harder to deal with sad

Old Post Feb 11th, 2009 06:52 PM
Baylin is currently offline Click here to Send Baylin a Private Message Find more posts by Baylin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

No one yet

TGFwashere

Old Post Feb 11th, 2009 07:01 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

My grandfather. Closest to a father figure I've ever had. Wish I could've told him that.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2009 07:10 PM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote