KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Star Trek » Star Trek Movie Pics Wtf??

Star Trek Movie Pics Wtf??
Started by: darthmaul1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
darthmaul1

Star Trek Movie Pics Wtf??

I just found these pics and i have to say WTF
why does the enterprise look even more futuristic than anything we have seen before??

http://www.moviesonline.ca/movienews_15756.html

Old Post Oct 16th, 2008 04:20 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

I swear, everytime I hear something new about this film I die a little inside...

I'm not going there to die. I'm going there to see if I really am alive.
Check my Bio for my stories [Last Updated - 27th July 2008]

Old Post Oct 16th, 2008 05:27 PM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SpikeSpiegel
I swear, everytime I hear something new about this film I die a little inside...

Why?

Old Post Oct 16th, 2008 05:59 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Is Kirk wearing a black jersey to identify him as Captain?
Maybe not a bad idea, if the colours represent rank and/or area of expertise. Why have him use the same colour as Sulu & Chekov?

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Oct 16th, 2008 06:53 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by darthmaul1
I just found these pics and i have to say WTF
why does the enterprise look even more futuristic than anything we have seen before??

http://www.moviesonline.ca/movienews_15756.html

Seems good, I'll wait and see

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 16th, 2008 07:13 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Huh. The uniforms look pretty cool (and very faithful to what came before), and the cast certainly look the part ... but I wonder why they felt the need to change the look of the bridge so drastically (especially when the "classic" look was re-created so successfully in episodes of "TNG" and "ENT")?

As always, my thinking on these matters is - if the film is great, and manages to succesfully re-energise the Star Trek franchise, then I can happily live with the changes being made to the canon smile . Let's just hope that they remain largely superficial ones; if there's one thing that gives me hope in that area, it's the presence in this film of one Leonard Nimoy ...

Ahnold Sez: (From "The Expendables 2"): "My *shoe* is bigger than this cahr!"

Old Post Oct 17th, 2008 01:24 AM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DARTH DADDY
just chill'n

I could be wrong, but are we sure this is the Enterprise? The first captain was not Kirk. Maybe they get the Enterprise later in the film.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2008 04:03 AM
DARTH DADDY is currently offline Click here to Send DARTH DADDY a Private Message Find more posts by DARTH DADDY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tlbauerle
thestarwarsfan

The reason technology is different is we are looking at an alternative timeline for this new Trek. We're dealing with time travel and altered timelines influenced by future technology.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2008 05:33 PM
tlbauerle is currently offline Click here to Send tlbauerle a Private Message Find more posts by tlbauerle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

But then does that explaination account for the appearance of the Enterprise in "Enterprise", as opposed to tech that would look like it could evolve into TOS technology.....?

The tech/design in this forthcoming movie appears to bridge "Enterprise" with the 80s movies visually...

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Nov 27th, 2008 10:44 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Truculent
Truth is written in Blood

Why do they have Sylar playing Spock!

War Doctor

Old Post Dec 28th, 2008 06:57 PM
Darth Truculent is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Truculent a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Truculent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Darth Truculent
Why do they have Sylar playing Spock!

He was hired to hopefully do the character justice

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 28th, 2008 08:11 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Because they thought he would be awesome as him, and from what can be told so far they were right.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jan 1st, 2009 09:36 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Absolutely.

Potentially the greatest physical-likeness-in-a-movie-conveyance since Muhammad Ali played himself in "The greatest"(1977).

Old Post Jan 6th, 2009 03:30 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Absolutely.

Potentially the greatest physical-likeness-in-a-movie-conveyance since Muhammad Ali played himself in "The greatest"(1977).

I'd say the Brandon Routh/Christopher Reeves might have the leonard nimoy/ zach quinto likeness beat.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Jan 6th, 2009 04:21 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Heh a good more-recent example.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2009 05:07 PM
saintsaucey

I think the Routh Reeve Likeness and Quinto/Nemoy Likeness is pretty much tied, with Quinto Nemoy getting the when due to the vast superiority of the Star Trek Movie compared to Superman Returns

Old Post May 16th, 2009 02:21 PM
saintsaucey is currently offline Click here to Send saintsaucey a Private Message Find more posts by saintsaucey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

This movie is awesome.
So...is anyone complaining about movie pics now?
Anyone dying a little inside still?

Didn't think so.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post May 22nd, 2009 09:49 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fini
Hurricane stalker

True dat

Thank you god for the blessing me with Chanel.
She is back with you now, so take care of her

Old Post May 24th, 2009 11:21 PM
fini is currently offline Click here to Send fini a Private Message Find more posts by fini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

I enjoyed the movie, and to be honest i didn't even think of why the ship looks so different.
Although the transwarp beaming (which i have never ever seen before had me scratching my head) the amount of time that had passed by the time they used the transwarp beaming, the enterprise would of been mulitple light years away.

Old Post May 25th, 2009 04:21 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote