KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Transformers » MOVIE: Optimus Prime vs Megatron (rematch)

MOVIE: Optimus Prime vs Megatron (rematch)
Started by: braz

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
braz
I'm an agent of chaos...

MOVIE: Optimus Prime vs Megatron (rematch)

I wanna see what everyone thinks on this one.

The fights in the same city in the movie, but there are absolutely no innocent civilians or soldiers around or F-22's flying over. The city is completely deserted.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2007 09:11 PM
braz is currently offline Click here to Send braz a Private Message Find more posts by braz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Megatron ftw

TGFwashere

Old Post Jul 20th, 2007 09:48 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
braz
I'm an agent of chaos...

So u dont think Prime was holding back in the movie?

Old Post Jul 20th, 2007 10:19 PM
braz is currently offline Click here to Send braz a Private Message Find more posts by braz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

I think Prime was new to the whole hand to hand combat aspect. I mean, he's not a machine of war like Megatron is, his fighting chops in the movie weren't that great because it's no his job to attempt to kill. Ya know?

Old Post Jul 21st, 2007 12:54 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
braz
I'm an agent of chaos...

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Scythe
I think Prime was new to the whole hand to hand combat aspect. I mean, he's not a machine of war like Megatron is, his fighting chops in the movie weren't that great because it's no his job to attempt to kill. Ya know?

Its his job not to kill innocents, but those who oppose him? Ya sure, he didnt seem to hesitate when decapitating Bonecrusher.
I actually think Prime would fare alot better against Megatron in a rematch in this scenario and possibly even take a majority.

Last edited by braz on Jul 21st, 2007 at 05:15 AM

Old Post Jul 21st, 2007 05:03 AM
braz
I'm an agent of chaos...

That is, of course if Megatron doesnt play it cheap and just keep away from Prime by flying high enough out of harms way and just shoot Opt from there, but I think Megs will fight Prime honorably, so I say Prime could win a majority here.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2007 06:32 AM
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by braz
Its his job not to kill innocents, but those who oppose him? Ya sure, he didnt seem to hesitate when decapitating Bonecrusher.
I actually think Prime would fare alot better against Megatron in a rematch in this scenario and possibly even take a majority.

that doesn't mean he's meant to kill. Optimus was built to be passive, hence the fact that he chose to be a truck, not a tank or another tool of war, their nature is to be peaceful. Which is why he wouldn't be the best at fighting. But he'd still kick ass.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2007 04:00 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
braz
I'm an agent of chaos...

that doesn't mean he's meant to kill. Optimus was built to be passive, hence the fact that he chose to be a truck, not a tank or another tool of war, their nature is to be peaceful. Which is why he wouldn't be the best at fighting. But he'd still kick ass.

Yeah he wasnt built to kill, but that doesnt mean anything, he still proved he could and would, and if he wasnt made to fight, then why does he have weapons?

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2007 05:00 AM
Five-0

Megatron FTW

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2007 04:15 PM
Five-0 is currently offline Click here to Send Five-0 a Private Message Find more posts by Five-0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
braz
I'm an agent of chaos...

Its hard to say but I think Prime could take a slight majority.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2007 09:38 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

On any given day, one of them can win the match. The cartoon showed this. In the film Megatron was fresh and angry, having been in statis lock for a few thousand years. Optimus was concerned about protecting Sam and had his back turned for Megatron to attack at one point. Megatron had the advantage late; maybe Prime could have pulled out some reserve energy to win, but the F-22s bombed Megatron at that point, making the point moot.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2007 10:14 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

prime was pretty much at war with megatron the whole time they were on cybertron, as the prequel suggests. also in the prequel, megatron was a lord in cybertron and him and prime pretty much ran the planet good cop-bad cop style. but megatron wanted more power. that's when the war started. cybertron was divided into 2 factions... autobots and decipticons as we've come to know them.

so saying that prime is not well equiped for combat is simply misconstrued. although he is not as aggressive as megatron. but in an all out battle with nothing-- absolutely no collateral damage at all-- to hold back prime, he can trump megatron.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 12:43 AM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Yeah he wasnt built to kill, but that doesnt mean anything, he still proved he could and would, and if he wasnt made to fight, then why does he have weapons?

I read somewhere that all cybertronians had weapon capabilities, some chose to use them as work tools or some crap like that.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 04:00 AM
braz
I'm an agent of chaos...

I read somewhere that all cybertronians had weapon capabilities, some chose to use them as work tools or some crap like that.

confused Interesting.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 05:14 AM
AngryManatee
Sexy Ham Manwich

Megatron ftw

You don't need good rear vision because you're always in front!

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 01:39 PM
AngryManatee is currently offline Click here to Send AngryManatee a Private Message Find more posts by AngryManatee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
(>^^)>
is it there yet?

megatron is signifacantly more powerful than prime and as most of the decepticons are far better warriors, if it wasn't or the army and sam prime would have been anniated

Lilypop Shots on XBOX
Lilipopshots on insragram

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 02:46 PM
(>^^)> is currently offline Click here to Send (>^^)> a Private Message Find more posts by (>^^)> Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

confused Interesting.

Yeah, never really got that.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 05:13 AM
AngryManatee
Sexy Ham Manwich

I don't think a rematch would matter. For starters, Megatron is noticeably bigger than prime, and much more powerful. I mean come on. Prime shot at him with his arm cannon and it just slowed Megatron down for a second, and then after that Megatron blew him into the side of a building. Megatron wasn't intended to be equal to Prime in this movie, he was portrayed as the unstoppable monster that everyone has to team up on in order to defeat.

You don't need good rear vision because you're always in front!

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 01:35 PM
AngryManatee is currently offline Click here to Send AngryManatee a Private Message Find more posts by AngryManatee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by AngryManatee
I don't think a rematch would matter. For starters, Megatron is noticeably bigger than prime, and much more powerful. I mean come on. Prime shot at him with his arm cannon and it just slowed Megatron down for a second, and then after that Megatron blew him into the side of a building. Megatron wasn't intended to be equal to Prime in this movie, he was portrayed as the unstoppable monster that everyone has to team up on in order to defeat.

Yeah, I thought they overpowered him too much in the film. It was an alright idea, but G1 Optimus vs. G1 Megatron were pretty much well rounded with Megatron beating out Optimus only in the field of speed.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 01:30 AM
braz
I'm an agent of chaos...

^So u dont think he held back in the new film?

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 05:54 AM