KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Question for the forum

Question for the forum
Started by: carver9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carver9

Question for the forum

When Despero physically took on the entire jla/jsa and crushed them, why didnt anyone brush it off as pis?

When the destroyer physically took down asgard why didnt anyone throw it off as pis?

When mangog killed gods and played with thor like a toy why didnt anyone throw it off as pis?

When doomsday wrecked the jla, took darkseid omega effect and then proceeded in beating the hell out of him, THEN destroyed the jla AGAIN, why didnt anyone throw it off as pis?

Or how about titus physically crushing the jla or Konvikt destroying the jla.

The reason I'm asking this is because rulk has done some amazing things that shouldnt even be questioned due to his strength, speed, and durability but since he's a hulk character people dont like it.

The forum use despero feats as credit but curse loeb out for doing what he's done.

Seems pretty biased if you ask me.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post May 26th, 2009 06:40 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

You Wa Shock!

Old Post May 26th, 2009 06:46 AM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iceman24567

Oh stop the crying in the vs forum

Old Post May 26th, 2009 06:48 AM
iceman24567 is currently offline Click here to Send iceman24567 a Private Message Find more posts by iceman24567 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

quote: (post)
Originally posted by iceman24567
Oh stop the crying in the vs forum

Not crying, just a question that I would like to know and it seems like you cant answer.

Old Post May 26th, 2009 06:49 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Originally posted by carver9
Not crying, just a question that I would like to know and it seems like you cant answer.
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t346614.html

Ask it there.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post May 26th, 2009 06:51 AM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Can you stop doing that wei and just answer the question.

Old Post May 26th, 2009 06:52 AM
iceman24567

Nah this forums is for vs threads not your dumb questions.

Old Post May 26th, 2009 06:53 AM
iceman24567 is currently offline Click here to Send iceman24567 a Private Message Find more posts by iceman24567 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

I'll touch mangog....
Mangog was written stronger than most asgardians. Thor has had problems with mangog his entire history.... So it's not like spider v firelord

In fact Thor had to shove his hammer into mangogs mouth and godblast just to beat him cause a blast to the body was not doing it....

As for rulk.... They are buildi g him up pretty high... I think the pis has to do with the fact that surfer lovers. Me included felt as though rulk should not have had a chance.... So they explai. The loss as pis. I'm waiting on the whole story with rulk

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Old Post May 26th, 2009 06:53 AM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

I have a question for you, carver:

If two trains leave LA at 9:59am heading to NY, 1 travels at 60mph and the other at 68mph, which one is green?

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post May 26th, 2009 06:56 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by rotiart
I'll touch mangog....
Mangog was written stronger than most asgardians. Thor has had problems with mangog his entire history.... So it's not like spider v firelord

In fact Thor had to shove his hammer into mangogs mouth and godblast just to beat him cause a blast to the body was not doing it....

As for rulk.... They are buildi g him up pretty high... I think the pis has to do with the fact that surfer lovers. Me included felt as though rulk should not have had a chance.... So they explai. The loss as pis. I'm waiting on the whole story with rulk

Thanks for answering: got a question, whats the difference between mangog and rulk because from what I have seen (brute strength, durability, speed, energy absorption) he is superior too mangog even without counting his feats.

I agree; I love surfer and I hated the fact that he lost but the way he lost was explainable and didnt show any kind of sign of pis.

Old Post May 26th, 2009 06:58 AM
Spire

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 26th, 2009 06:58 AM
Spire is currently offline Click here to Send Spire a Private Message Find more posts by Spire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by Mindset

If two trains leave LA at 9:59am heading to NY, 1 travels at 60mph and the other at 68mph, which one is green?

Both of my nuts.

Old Post May 26th, 2009 06:59 AM
Mindset

Both of my nuts.
Are very small and empty.

What does that have to do with the question, though?

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post May 26th, 2009 07:00 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iceman24567

So this is the new questions thread? eek!

Old Post May 26th, 2009 07:03 AM
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Re: Question for the forum

When Despero physically took on the entire jla/jsa and crushed them, why didnt anyone brush it off as pis?

When the destroyer physically took down asgard why didnt anyone throw it off as pis?

When mangog killed gods and played with thor like a toy why didnt anyone throw it off as pis?

When doomsday wrecked the jla, took darkseid omega effect and then proceeded in beating the hell out of him, THEN destroyed the jla AGAIN, why didnt anyone throw it off as pis?

Or how about titus physically crushing the jla or Konvikt destroying the jla.

The reason I'm asking this is because rulk has done some amazing things that shouldnt even be questioned due to his strength, speed, and durability but since he's a hulk character people dont like it.

The forum use despero feats as credit but curse loeb out for doing what he's done.

Seems pretty biased if you ask me.

I'm half tempted to actually try and address these, but I'd rather just say it's largely subjective, even on the stuff people can agree on at times. Part of it is not whether the feat itself is PIS, it's whether there was jobbing.

Though, in Loeb's case, it's because he's a ****ing hack writer who should have been tossed out of the industry years ago. Him and Starlin.

Old Post May 26th, 2009 07:41 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Survivor19

Destroyer is nearly imune to physical and magical harm.
Odin knew his business.

Old Post May 26th, 2009 09:19 AM
Survivor19 is currently offline Click here to Send Survivor19 a Private Message Find more posts by Survivor19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kinkin
Restricted

Account Restricted

I haven't read it yet but maybe its the way he lost??

Last edited by Kinkin on May 26th, 2009 at 09:31 AM

Old Post May 26th, 2009 09:28 AM
Kinkin is currently offline Click here to Send Kinkin a Private Message Find more posts by Kinkin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

people just don't like the character, that's about all it boils down to.

Hulk's feats are too high for most peoples liking, the idea that this character who normally goes about running away from the military and/or smashing up mountains is stronger (and more innately powerful) than Gods (Thor et al), flying bricks (Gladiator et al) and assorted monsters (Onslaught, X-Men etc), only makes him that much more unpalateable... he doesn't have a majestic arc like say Surfer, where he's tangled up in the wonders of the universe and looking face to face with creator/destroyer types ... he doesn't bring to life a mythos like Thor does ... he just exists to be annoyingly - incredibly - powerful and without true purpose.

Hulk destroyed technology designed to ward off Celestials, that was dismissed as meaningless.
Hulk contained and then released (without any damage to himself) 2 universes of energy - which in anyother case would be taken to mean enduring a "Big Bang" - but that is totally ignored when talking of his stamina, durability and capacity to take punishment/energy attacks (ie, so and so should "overpower him", such and such an attack would "kill him" ...)

I just think the character lacks the kind of purposive stories that drag alot of the more fanatical crowd to comics. you can't really look up to Hulk, he's just a very human man, with Godlike (more in the league of Beyonder than Odin) power ... more afraid of what he could wrought than with bringing the universe to some superior order or defending the order that already exists (Thor and Surfer).

think about it, Beyonder says Hulk's power is like his own, in magnitute (infinite), Galactus can feed off of "The Old Power" and be sustained for a thousand years, yet The Old Power is miniscule in comparison to the power exhibited by a weaker Hulk ...

if you swapped Hulk's high-end feats with say, Thor's, everybody would think Thor was truly a Skyfather... not many would be upset at the ridiculousness of those powers - because they would have a narrative purpose...

Hulk's stories are more psychological than narrative focused... they're about coming to terms with yourself, with your capabilities and desires... in their totality and about the consequences of not doing so, imo.

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

Old Post May 26th, 2009 09:35 AM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Pict
Defender Of The Faith

The problem with Rulk is he was strolled over the other characters with extreme ease that bordered on offensive. Established characters like Thor were portrayed as complete idiots, even though they've been dealing with bricks like Rulk for decades. C'mon I mean Rulk uses Thor's hammer against him the first time he touches it. Thor has been using Mjolnir his entire comic existence, unless a story requires him to part with it. It's easy to see why fans of Comics started to blame Loeb when seeing some of their favoured characters getting crushed by this Hulk clone.

Plus he's tangling with characters he has no right messing with. Punching out the Watcher is the classic example. This is why Loeb pisses people off. Not only was Rulk trading blows with Hulk (one of Marvel's strongest characters) that issue but he had the time to skip off and knock over a vastly powerful cosmic being.

But you know all this Carver. You're just whining because you're a Hulk fanboy who can't handle the fact Hulk doesn't win every fight ever. And stop making these threads in the versus forum. That's twice now I think.

Originally posted by Mindset

laughing out loud

Hot sig by Scottie

Old Post May 26th, 2009 09:39 AM
The Pict is currently offline Click here to Send The Pict a Private Message Find more posts by The Pict Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Pict
Defender Of The Faith

Originally posted by janus77

you can't really look up to Hulk, he's just a very human man, with Godlike (more in the league of Beyonder than Odin) power ...

no expression

Hot sig by Scottie

Old Post May 26th, 2009 09:41 AM
The Pict is currently offline Click here to Send The Pict a Private Message Find more posts by The Pict Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote