KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » The Daleks vs. The World

The Daleks vs. The World
Started by: TricksterPriest

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

The Daleks vs. The World

In honor of Season 4 of Dr. Who, here's a new concept.

The Daleks are back, and they managed to find their way into a comic universe.

The Daleks have 20 million strong new model daleks as seen in "The Stolen Earth" and every model ever produced throughout the entire show. Commanding them, are Davros (yes, he's back AGAIN), The Emperor from "Parting of the Ways", the cult of skaro, plus a still insane but loyal this time Dalek Caan (He's actually working with them as part of a plan, but it won't take effect until after they've won and the Doctor shows up) They've had 15 years of prep time and they have their base from the "Stolen Earth." and the same fleet and resources they had in the last great time war.

There is no Doctor or companions. If the Daleks win, they must try and stop the Doctor and company afterwards. And believe me when I say that this is the harder task. stick out tongue

They know what and who they are up against. No one knows they are coming and who they are. And for those claiming their weapons will not hurt the high end guys like Hulk, surfer, Sentry, superman, firestorm, etc, they've had 15 years of prep to improve, so make your own assumptions.

Their opponents are Earth and only Earth. No outside help. Certain entities that frequent earth can be argued as being there.

First round: DC Earth.
Second Round: Marvel Earth.
Third Round: Warcraft Universe stick out tongue.
Fourth Round: Davros has an attack of omnicidal mania and decides to destroy EVERYTHING. DC&Marvel are merged for this fight.

Old Post May 25th, 2009 09:34 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

magneto

Old Post May 25th, 2009 09:53 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

I have just one question. Have you ever actually watched Dr. Who?

Old Post May 25th, 2009 10:02 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

no embarrasment

just selling teh snake oil. shifty

Old Post May 25th, 2009 10:06 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hercules
Count Of Durfisto

Trick have you seen "Journeys End" yet, has that aired over there? I know you guys are behind but not by how much. I thought you got done with season 4 last year?

I can't believe you bought me out of retirement by the way, thing about the Daleks is, they are always beaten by brains over brawn.

The easy answer would be to say that the Herald level guys would level them even with prep.

However let's give them the prep to counter the Herald level guys that both worlds have to offer, the heavy hitters aren't really what the Daleks have to worry about.

The Doctor is a Time Lord and a Genius and able to think on the fly, this is what invariably takes them down, the Daleks simply cannot adjust that quickly to things that are right out of left field, if they didn't factor it into their planning then they are vulnerable to it.

And this is where the Daleks lose, doesn't matter what their strength in numbers are the big brains of both Marvel and DC are going to be the key players in this, the heavy hitters, the Hulks, Supermans and Sentrys of their worlds are merely going to be a distraction, while the Daleks combat them and possibly find a way to neutralize them, the Richards, Pyms and Starks of the world are finding ways to beat them, a weak spot, using their brains to beat the Dalek brawn.

The Doctor is remarkable and a Time Lord but his feats are not above those of Reed Richards in the Brains department and that is what beats the Daleks every time, they are flawed and one dimensional, they don't think outside the box much, once they're on a course they stay on it, you don't need powers to beat them, you just need brains and a sonic screwdriver and the ability to think one step ahead, both universes are full of guys like that.

Hi by the way, nice to see you still around and still insane!

Last edited by Hercules on May 26th, 2009 at 12:24 AM

Old Post May 26th, 2009 12:21 AM
Hercules is currently offline Click here to Send Hercules a Private Message Find more posts by Hercules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
d3str0ya10

Guys i just made this and i think
Daleks 1 and 2

Attachment: omg.jpg
This has been downloaded 113 time(s).

"Show NO Mercy"... "Finish Him".

Old Post May 26th, 2009 12:25 AM
d3str0ya10 is currently offline Click here to Send d3str0ya10 a Private Message Find more posts by d3str0ya10 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
In honor of Season 4 of Dr. Who, here's a new concept.

The Daleks are back, and they managed to find their way into a comic universe.

The Daleks have 20 million strong new model daleks as seen in "The Stolen Earth" and every model ever produced throughout the entire show. Commanding them, are Davros (yes, he's back AGAIN), The Emperor from "Parting of the Ways", the cult of skaro, plus a still insane but loyal this time Dalek Caan (He's actually working with them as part of a plan, but it won't take effect until after they've won and the Doctor shows up) They've had 15 years of prep time and they have their base from the "Stolen Earth." and the same fleet and resources they had in the last great time war.

There is no Doctor or companions. If the Daleks win, they must try and stop the Doctor and company afterwards. And believe me when I say that this is the harder task. stick out tongue

They know what and who they are up against. No one knows they are coming and who they are. And for those claiming their weapons will not hurt the high end guys like Hulk, surfer, Sentry, superman, firestorm, etc, they've had 15 years of prep to improve, so make your own assumptions.

Their opponents are Earth and only Earth. No outside help. Certain entities that frequent earth can be argued as being there.

First round: DC Earth.
Second Round: Marvel Earth.
Third Round: Warcraft Universe stick out tongue.
Fourth Round: Davros has an attack of omnicidal mania and decides to destroy EVERYTHING. DC&Marvel are merged for this fight.
I have no clue what you just said.

Originally posted by Hercules
Trick have you seen "Journeys End" yet, has that aired over there? I know you guys are behind but not by how much. I thought you got done with season 4 last year?

I can't believe you bought me out of retirement by the way, thing about the Daleks is, they are always beaten by brains over brawn.

The easy answer would be to say that the Herald level guys would level them even with prep.

However let's give them the prep to counter the Herald level guys that both worlds have to offer, the heavy hitters aren't really what the Daleks have to worry about.

The Doctor is a Time Lord and a Genius and able to think on the fly, this is what invariably takes them down, the Daleks simply cannot adjust that quickly to things that are right out of left field, if they didn't factor it into their planning then they are vulnerable to it.

And this is where the Daleks lose, doesn't matter what their strength in numbers are the big brains of both Marvel and DC are going to be the key players in this, the heavy hitters, the Hulks, Supermans and Sentrys of their worlds are merely going to be a distraction, while the Daleks combat them and possibly find a way to neutralize them, the Richards, Pyms and Starks of the world are finding ways to beat them, a weak spot, using their brains to beat the Dalek brawn.

The Doctor is remarkable and a Time Lord but his feats are not above those of Reed Richards in the Brains department and that is what beats the Daleks every time, they are flawed and one dimensional, they don't think outside the box much, once they're on a course they stay on it, you don't need powers to beat them, you just need brains and a sonic screwdriver and the ability to think one step ahead, both universes are full of guys like that.

Well, looky who we have here...

Good to see you.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post May 26th, 2009 01:21 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hercules
Count Of Durfisto

Originally posted by Badabing
I have no clue what you just said.

Well, looky who we have here...

Good to see you.

Trick often has no clue what he just said either...

And you already knew I was here...

My first durfist in 20 months!, it felt good!!

Old Post May 26th, 2009 01:39 AM
Hercules is currently offline Click here to Send Hercules a Private Message Find more posts by Hercules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

I've got all 4 seasons of Dr. Who, and going to watch "Journeys end" tonight. Is season 5 out over there? And what do you think of Matt Smith?

Brains are the key, but you forgot two things. One, the Daleks have the element of surprise and 15 years of prep. Two, they have DAVROS. Davros is a genius on par with the Doctor himself. And IMO, Reed is good, but he's not that good. And the Sonic screwdriver is eons if not more ahead of anything Earth has come up with.

I honestly think that not having the advantage of the Doctor is a huge handicap for both sides. If you recall, in "Turn Left" a world without the Doctor meant that everything pretty much went to hell. From Doomsday: Rose: "Five million cybermen? Easy. One Doctor? Now you're scared." the Daleks have a massive psychological weakness and fear complex related to the Doctor, not undeservingly given that he's beaten them several times and destroyed Skaro itself.

The Daleks also have the advantage of 20 million strong, their fleets, and their impenetrable base in the medusa cascade. Although I specified it in round 4, there's nothing stopping Davros from his omnicidal mania in ANY of the rounds. Which anyone who watches the Show should realize.

Sure, they may lose, but they have the potential to ruin the earth several times over.

Good to see you too. big grin Welcome back.

Old Post May 26th, 2009 01:49 AM
Hercules
Count Of Durfisto

I've got all 4 seasons of Dr. Who, and going to watch "Journeys end" tonight. Is season 5 out over there? And what do you think of Matt Smith?

Brains are the key, but you forgot two things. One, the Daleks have the element of surprise and 15 years of prep. Two, they have DAVROS. Davros is a genius on par with the Doctor himself. And IMO, Reed is good, but he's not that good. And the Sonic screwdriver is eons if not more ahead of anything Earth has come up with.

I honestly think that not having the advantage of the Doctor is a huge handicap for both sides. If you recall, in "Turn Left" a world without the Doctor meant that everything pretty much went to hell. From Doomsday: Rose: "Five million cybermen? Easy. One Doctor? Now you're scared." the Daleks have a massive psychological weakness and fear complex related to the Doctor, not undeservingly given that he's beaten them several times and destroyed Skaro itself.

The Daleks also have the advantage of 20 million strong, their fleets, and their impenetrable base in the medusa cascade. Although I specified it in round 4, there's nothing stopping Davros from his omnicidal mania in ANY of the rounds. Which anyone who watches the Show should realize.

Sure, they may lose, but they have the potential to ruin the earth several times over.

Good to see you too. big grin Welcome back.

Season 5 is next year I believe, did you catch the Christmas Special and the Easter Special though? good stuff.

I'm reserving judgment on Matt Smith till I see him.

Thing is you're forgetting one thing, this ISN'T the Doctor's earth, this is Marvel and DC earth, the Doctor never existed there and isn't a factor. So yes it eliminates the fear factor for the Daleks but they have a whole world of humans with powers far beyond anything they have ever encountered before to contend with instead.

Davros, is a genius but he doesn't think on the fly like the Doctor, that's how he gets defeated time and time again, now the Master HE is the Doctor's equal, Davros, not so much, his mind is too set on one course of action.

15 years of prep is all well and good and gives them a chance of finding a way to neutralize all the power houses that both worlds possess but when there are a lot of big brains on both earths, even if we say that none of them are th Doctor, there are more of them and they have an army of super humans to give them the time to find a way.

They have a chance but I say even with 15 years of prep and 20 million there are just too many variables for them to counter them all.

Last edited by Hercules on May 26th, 2009 at 02:13 AM

Old Post May 26th, 2009 02:09 AM
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

I should also mention that the Daleks are out for blood and in full "EX-TER-MINATE!" mode. As such, they aren't going to take time capturing prisoners or rounding up civilians.

I was not pointing out the Doctor for the fear factor, I was pointing out that he knows them and how to beat them. He knows how they think. And the Daleks are geniuses, omnicidal mania not withstanding. They also have the potential for temporary alliances with other powers......

Old Post May 26th, 2009 02:26 AM
Hercules
Count Of Durfisto

I should also mention that the Daleks are out for blood and in full "EX-TER-MINATE!" mode. As such, they aren't going to take time capturing prisoners or rounding up civilians.

I was not pointing out the Doctor for the fear factor, I was pointing out that he knows them and how to beat them. He knows how they think. And the Daleks are geniuses, omnicidal mania not withstanding. They also have the potential for temporary alliances with other powers......

Putting them on all out exterminate mode, only makes them more one dimensional and less able to counter a threat they didn't anticipate.

He does know how to beat them but so could Reed for example, given a little time and time that will and can be bought via all the superhumans on Marvel Earth.

If they are in all out exterminate mode then alliances all be they temporary ones are unlikely.

Daleks, even Davros, you throw a variable at them, they're undone, the Doctor is a man in constant flux, to me the vary essence of Chaos to their order, you can counter one Doctor but you never know quite which Doctor will turn up, how can you when each regeneration is different but retains the knowledge and experience of the previous Doctors?

You have guys like Richards and Doom on earth, the two of them would ally against a common threat, although Doom no doubt would be looking to use the Daleks to serve his own ends but they are just two of many Genius level people who you can't quite predict, you think you got em and then they pull something out of left field and surprise you.

I just don't see the Daleks pulling it off, I think their initial strike would make headway, devastate a good portion of the planet but eventually they would get beaten back.

Old Post May 26th, 2009 02:38 AM
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Keep in mind that the Daleks have made alliances in the past, so it's not out of left field. Yes, they are going to exterminate the planet, but give you 2-1 some supervillain will throw themselves at Davros's mercy and Davros will gleefully manipulate the poor sap into doing his dirty work.

Also, I think the chaos factor arguement only serves to underscore how much greater the Doctor is and why Doom and Reed are not to be compared to him. The Doctor has enhanced senses and temporal awareness that borders on omniscient at times.

None of these guys are as unpredictable or adaptible as the Doctor and I think you are insulting him by comparing them as such.

The Daleks are not stupid, and 15 years of observing the various geniuses on earth means they're not going to be surprised that easily. Not to mention, Earth has no way of finding their base or anticipating whatever crazy things Davros has come up with.

Parting of the Ways: "The Doctor: No! 'Cause this is what I'm going to do: I'm going to rescue her! I'm going to save Rose Tyler from the middle of the Dalek fleet, and then I'm going to save the Earth, and then, just to finish off, I'm going to wipe every last stinking Dalek out of the sky!
Dalek: But you have no weapons! No defenses! No plan!
The Doctor: Yeah! And doesn't that scare you to death? Rose?
Rose: Yes, Doctor?
The Doctor: I'm coming to get you.

Nobody else can do that. The Doctor's ability to find a way to win is unparalled.

Old Post May 26th, 2009 03:38 AM
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Bump for the glory of the DA-LEK EMPIRE!

Old Post May 26th, 2009 09:01 PM
AlmightyKfish
This Is No Longer A City.

Would it be cheating to say-

Scenario 1- Spectre solo's
Scenario 2- Molecule Man solo's
Scenario 3- ?
Scenario 4- Spectre and Molecule Man team up for extra ownage?

Taskmaster The Molecule Man

Old Post May 26th, 2009 09:06 PM
AlmightyKfish is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyKfish a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyKfish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

Somebody Solo's

Old Post May 26th, 2009 10:25 PM
shiv is currently offline Click here to Send shiv a Private Message Find more posts by shiv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

People need to remember that it's DC and Marvel Earth. Spectre doesn't count, I don't think, as don't most cosmics.

The Doctor is remarkable and a Time Lord but his feats are not above those of Reed Richards in the Brains department

False. Unequivocally.

I could see the Daleks swarming any of the earths and killing a crapload of people. However, there's too much raw firepower in either mainstream universe. The Daleks "EMERGENCY TEMPORAL PORTAL!!!" to safety, so they don't get annihilated, but they also don't beat the heroes. Tons of destruction though, and lots of dead villains and heroes on either Earth.

The Warcraft Universe gets dumped trucked, however. Elves and Magic would get owned by Dalek technology. And yes, I play WoW....I'm not hating. Just being honest.

Last edited by Digi on May 26th, 2009 at 10:54 PM

Old Post May 26th, 2009 10:51 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Even if they stop the Daleks, they still have to find their base in the Medusa Cascade or whereever else they are hiding.

And that's not even counting them pulling out WMDs or time weapons. It has to be stressed that the Daleks WON the Last Great Time War against the Timelords. The Timelords btw have been mentioned as exceeding Type 4 on the Kardashev scale........ http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-the-kardashev-scale.htm

And of course there's Davros again.......it's not going to take much to make him use another doomsday device like the Reality Bomb........

As for WoW, the aspects like the Dragons have massive control of magic, time, etc. So that's not a clean sweep for the Daleks. But most of the WoW-verse is fodder.

Old Post May 27th, 2009 01:50 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

Trick's starting to convince me. They do have a wide arsenal of at least planet-level weapons at their disposal, or had at one point in their history. I still can't see them tech'ing their way past multiple herald level beings, which either comic Earth would have. The Earth they could destroy, true. But it's the heroes themselves I have a problem believing they'd down entirely.

Also, I have yet to see anything in Warcraft that has impressed me enough to put them anywhere near the mainstream comic-verses or the Daleks. Not entirely fodder, true enough. But they'd go down.

I honestly don't watch Doctor Who because of power-stuff though. It seems oddly out of place in this forum to me. But it's a kickass show: it's action that actually clever, it's hilarious, and it shows how amazing, exciting, and mysterious the universe and humanity can be without having to resort to things like magic and other non-definable entities.

Old Post May 27th, 2009 02:19 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Also, The Doctor is my Halloween costume for this year, so ya'll are boned in this thread:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...threadid=496111

...not that everyone wasn't already screwed. But now it's official.

geek

Old Post May 27th, 2009 02:21 AM