KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Metron/Reed vs Thanos/Doom

Metron/Reed vs Thanos/Doom
Started by: geshien

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mr. Toad

Metron/Reed vs Thanos/Doom

With prep, which team wins?

Waiting for the beginning.

Old Post May 31st, 2009 10:05 PM
Mr. Toad is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Toad a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Toad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Thanos punches Metron in the face, and Doom steals Reed's powers.

Old Post May 31st, 2009 10:06 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Toad

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Charmander
Thanos punches Metron in the face, and Doom steals Reed's powers.

That is either the worst or best break down of a fight I've ever heard.

Waiting for the beginning.

Old Post May 31st, 2009 10:08 PM
Mr. Toad is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Toad a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Toad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

A couple of Xanatos roulettes later, it is revealed that Metron has in fact outsmarted everyone and planned for all their actions.

And if you don't believe me, read Final Crisis.

Old Post May 31st, 2009 10:44 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Team 1 would at least start with the better tech, imo.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post May 31st, 2009 10:59 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Originally posted by Galan007

I don't think I agree.

Doom's cracked the Baxter Building's defenses before, easily, and hacked into Reed's lab which was designed specifically to keep Doom out of...in a few days' time. With the Time Cube and everything Doom has recently had on him, I'd say he's got the better starting equipment over Reed.

And Thanos' starting equipment would probably include his ship, which is pretty up there, tech-wise. Especially after Skreet's overhaul.

Old Post May 31st, 2009 11:11 PM
Enyalus is currently offline Click here to Send Enyalus a Private Message Find more posts by Enyalus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

None of that is equal to Metron's technology. erm

Old Post May 31st, 2009 11:13 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Sure.

Old Post May 31st, 2009 11:17 PM
Enyalus is currently offline Click here to Send Enyalus a Private Message Find more posts by Enyalus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

Originally posted by Galan007

True.

Iboga chose not to fight, to allow himself to evolve. He had the wisdom to abandon the actions of war when he knew they would no longer serve him.

Old Post May 31st, 2009 11:32 PM
Allankles is currently offline Click here to Send Allankles a Private Message Find more posts by Allankles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lordraiden

Thanos takes this alone.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 02:01 AM
lordraiden is currently offline Click here to Send lordraiden a Private Message Find more posts by lordraiden Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Originally posted by TricksterPriest
A couple of Xanatos roulettes later, it is revealed that Metron has in fact outsmarted everyone and planned for all their actions.

And if you don't believe me, read Final Crisis.

Someone else knows who Xanatos is? I just watched a few Gargoyles episodes.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 02:13 AM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

The big purple Gargoyle dude with long hair?

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 02:15 AM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

you mean david xanatos, the human adversary in the present time.

the name xanatos is the name of the greek god of death, for whom thanos is modeled after in the eternal's mirroring of the olympians.

Last edited by psycho gundam on Jun 1st, 2009 at 02:24 AM

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 02:21 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Originally posted by psycho gundam
you mean david xanatos, the human adversary in the present time.

the name xanatos is the name of the greek god of death, for whom thanos is modeled after in the eternal's mirroring of the olympians.

Yeah David Xanatos' schemes and plans were so well played and thought out that fans have come up with the term Xanatos Gambit, particularly complex plots involving large amounts of manipulation and deception by a single character. Like Xanatos rarely lost in that show, even when the Gargoyles won, Xanatos still somehow came out on top.

If TP meant the god then I guess thats what I get for assuming.

Originally posted by Enyalus
The big purple Gargoyle dude with long hair?

That's Goliath.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 02:32 AM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Meh, whatever. lol...

Thanos is modeled off of the Greek Death God, Thanatos...

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 02:33 AM
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Originally posted by Enyalus
Meh, whatever. lol...

Thanos is modeled off of the Greek Death God, Thanatos...

You're modeled off of the Greek Death God, Thanatos...

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 02:34 AM
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
You're modeled off of the Greek Death God, Thanatos...

yes I am, I am. Also the god, Erebus. With a little bit of Jesus mixed in.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 02:35 AM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

it's a pronunciation thing, tomato-tomato(e)

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 02:36 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mattek
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thanos Tech can hold off Galactus for a while. Thanos ahs the best tech here and he is the smartest. Thanos solos the other team and then proceeds to make doom his pet.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 02:56 AM
Mattek is currently offline Click here to Send Mattek a Private Message Find more posts by Mattek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Yeah David Xanatos' schemes and plans were so well played and thought out that fans have come up with the term Xanatos Gambit, particularly complex plots involving large amounts of manipulation and deception by a single character. Like Xanatos rarely lost in that show, even when the Gargoyles won, Xanatos still somehow came out on top.

If TP meant the god then I guess thats what I get for assuming.

That's Goliath.

YES! Somebody gets it! big grin No no, relax. You understood the point perfectly. The Xanatos Roulette is a more insane and convoluted form of the Gambit.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...XanatosRoulette

Essentially, you have to be able to control causality, time, high end psionics, ludicrous genius or ability to predict people's actions perfectly and the plans are complex to the point of insanity or utter brilliance. Often both.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 05:55 AM