KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Ganondorf's Warcraft gauntlet

Ganondorf's Warcraft gauntlet
Started by: Obsidian Fury

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Obsidian Fury

Ganondorf's Warcraft gauntlet

I know there will be a lot of sigh to this thread, all the "Not these characters again" thoughts, but I just want to see how this goes, if only as one comment by one person stick out tongue This is also a result of boredom. UTTER boredom.

Ganondorf is deployed in Azeroth and is supposed to climb Mount Hyjal until he reach the World Tree, with the intent of absorbing its powers (Heh, rings a bell?). On his way up, he'll be met by a number of significant foes, along with some less significant ones. He will be following a particular pathway (Mostly for the sake of meeting them all in the supposed order).

These are the condition, beside the significant foes that he will battle:
- Each base (The location of each significant foe) will have an army of elven swordsmen and archers. Two hundred of each, and watchtowers as well as walls of wood.

- Ganondorf does not have the Triforce, so his power is not as top notch as it could be. He's also not only vulnerable to attacks by particular weapons and spells, so although remaining highly resistant to damage, is killable even with mortal means. He may not BFR an enemy to a seperate dimension. If done, it will immediately be brought back by a mysterious force.

- Each opponent as well as Ganondorf only has standard gear. Nothing beyond what is considered default for each one. The first battle will take place immediately, but the longer Ganondorf take, the more preparation will later significant foes get. For each base he brings down, the remaining opponents will learn about the powers he used for each base.

Over to the opponents:

1st base: Queen Sylvanas Windrunner - Post-death.
Sylvanas is given her standard gear, obviously, and will have the obvious advantage of observing his climb. She'll get to do what she does best and battle from higher ground. She may charge down and meet him. He starts a mile from the first base. She may not ascend further than the borders of her own base. The 1st one.
Ganondorf may not destroy her soul (This under the excuse that the Lich King is protecting it)

2nd base: Lady Vashj - Post-Illidan.
Lady Vashj will have her base surrounded with a moat, as well as have a massive moonwell in the middle of it, deep enough for her to use as a battlefield. In order for Ganondorf to be able destroying her soul, she has to be exposed to excessive use of the spell (This under the excuse that Illidan has anchored her soul to the physical plane. The effect is limited, given Illidan not being there to renew it). Like with Sylvanas, Vashj may not ascend beyond the borders of her base.

3rd base: Lich Lord Kel'Thuzad - Post-revival.
Kel'Thuzad may convert his base into undeads, removing their souls in order to shield his troops from that particular move by Ganondorf (For what little good it will do). His base will have a ziggurat of frost with which he can shoot at and slow Ganondorf for as long as the crystal on top of it remains intact. Finger of Death, he may not use.
His soul, much like Sylvanas is protected by the Lich King and may not be destroyed. Kel'Thuzad however, unlike the others, is denied a particular item from his standard gear. The Chains of Kel'Thuzad. As before, Kel'Thuzad like the others aren't allowed to ascend beyond the borders of his base.

4th base: Illidan Stormrage of Outlands - Pre-death.
Illidan may begin to summon demons when Ganondorf has entered the base of Kel'Thuzad, but limited only to twenty demons. When Ganondorf meet up with Illidan, it is forced daylight. Illidan may not darken the sun for the duration of the battle against Ganondorf. Ganondorf will be defined as magical and can not escape the focus of Stormrages gaze. Illidan is his own anchor and his soul will remain on the physical plane for as long as Illidan is not significantly injured. His demon form is physical in this battle. He is not immune to heat and fire in his demon form. His wings are torn, denying him flight. They suffice for extreme jumps and levitation though.

5th base: General Azgalor - Post-Mannoroth.
Little is to be said about Azgalor. He may use rebirth only once, despite the amount of time between his first and second death. His clairvoyance and audience is limited to only above the borders of Illidans base. He may not BFR Ganondorf to a seperate dimension, much like how Ganondorf may not translocate his opponents to a seperate dimension. Ganondorf can not be effected by Doom. Azgalor is resistant to soul damage, but not immune and not protected like the others. Azgalor however, unlike the previous battles, is allowed to retreat rather than forced to die. If he has the time to decide the battle overwhelming, he may teleport to the 6th base.

6th base: The Lich King - Post-Fusion.
Ironically, the Lich King is anchored to the physical realm for this entire battle, disallowing him the ability to enter the spiritual realm. As a bonus for him, so is his soul. Lich King will spend the entire five battles prior his own frozen in a prison of ice (For unexplained reasons). For that reason, he will not know what Ganondorf is capable of. He will be freed when Ganondorf breaks through the 5th base and he then has a few minutes to prepare. If Azgalor survived long enough to retreat, Lich King will slay him and make Azgalors powers his own. Ganondorf will be too strong at will to be dominated by the Lich King. The Lich King will also drain the power of enough elves and fallen to equal the physical strength of Ganondorf.

In this battle, Ganondorf may use the items of the fallen. This list of item include: Belt of Might, Blades of Azzinoth, Cloak of Writhing Shadows, Gauntlets of Might, Girdle of the Betrayer, Nature's Ring, Rod of Undead Mastery, Boots of Elvenkind, Witch's Circlet, Sunstrider's Longbow (If he choose to use it)

(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by Obsidian Fury on Jun 7th, 2009 at 10:51 PM

Old Post Jun 7th, 2009 10:49 PM
Obsidian Fury is currently offline Click here to Send Obsidian Fury a Private Message Find more posts by Obsidian Fury Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

No Triforce of Power? That's kinda gimpy, but so are his opponents up to Illidan or so.

And I don't think Kel'Thuzad ever had Finger of Death to begin with.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2009 11:08 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Obsidian Fury

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
No Triforce of Power? That's kinda gimpy, but so are his opponents up to Illidan or so.

And I don't think Kel'Thuzad ever had Finger of Death to begin with.

I don't really know what Triforce does. I've just heard he can wish people out of existance with it, or something stick out tongue

According to the RPG list of powers, Kel'Thuzad has Finger of Death.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2009 11:11 PM
Obsidian Fury is currently offline Click here to Send Obsidian Fury a Private Message Find more posts by Obsidian Fury Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Originally posted by Obsidian Fury
I don't really know what Triforce does. I've just heard he can wish people out of existance with it, or something stick out tongue

According to the RPG list of powers, Kel'Thuzad has Finger of Death.

I think he can only wish people out of existence with the full Triforce. Triforce of Power is only 1/3 of the Triforce

Ahh yes, KT has Finger of Death in "Manual of Monsters".

Old Post Jun 7th, 2009 11:15 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Obsidian Fury

Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
I think he can only wish people out of existence with the full Triforce. Triforce of Power is only 1/3 of the Triforce

Ahh yes, KT has Finger of Death in "Manual of Monsters".

If Triforce of Power is required to balance this fight (Making it even enough to not be stomp for either side), then he may have that.

Indeed he does, which is very much canon, so to speak. He is also able to swiftly kill people in World of Warcraft, but that's thanks to his in this fight removed chains.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2009 11:18 PM
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Originally posted by Obsidian Fury
If Triforce of Power is required to balance this fight (Making it even enough to not be stomp for either side), then he may have that.

Indeed he does, which is very much canon, so to speak. He is also able to swiftly kill people in World of Warcraft, but that's thanks to his in this fight removed chains.

I'm not sure if it's needed. I don't know(in comparison) all that much about Ganondorf, but I'm sure he could beat everyone up until Illidan pretty handily.

Yes, though I don't remember KT ever actually using Finger of Death.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2009 11:23 PM
Obsidian Fury

I barely know anything about him. I'm pretty sure this will end up a stomp in his favor stick out tongue Can't say I didn't try though.

I don't think he ever has, but I haven't read any of the books he's been in except for Ashbringer. Kel'Thuzad is never eager to kill his enemies. He rather torment and convert them.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2009 11:28 PM
NemeBro

So he has the Triforce of Power?

Before I give an opinion, who here is immune to soul rape?

Old Post Jun 8th, 2009 01:25 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Obsidian Fury

Originally posted by NemeBro
So he has the Triforce of Power?

Before I give an opinion, who here is immune to soul rape?

At initial thought, I'd say no, but when Artificial Glory brought the matter up, I'm not sure. If he needs it to balance the fight, he has it.

Immune: Sylvanas, Kel'Thuzad, Illidan (When not injured too much), Lich King.
Resistant: Vashj, Azgalor (Both when exposed to it for a longer time, it's fatal)

The description elaborate that point. Those anchored can not be soul raped. The exception of that is Vashj who is only limited anchored. Azgalor is only resistant.

Last edited by Obsidian Fury on Jun 8th, 2009 at 08:15 AM

Old Post Jun 8th, 2009 08:12 AM
Cyner
Too little too late

Hmm... is Ganon's horse considered standard gear? A mile is a long ways to walk...

1st Fight

Ganon v Sylvanas

If she can remain out of sight and keep shooting at him or life draining she stands a chance but Ganon does have a teleport(seems to be line of sight based), and at close range his massive(see ridiculous) strength and fighting prowess would easily overpower her. In addition he does have the ability to launch magic(dark magic?) attacks at range against his foes. More recently he can summon up very short lived liches to attack his foes (see Twilight Princess horse battle).

Old Post Jun 8th, 2009 12:42 PM
Cyner is currently offline Click here to Send Cyner a Private Message Find more posts by Cyner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

What can Ganondorf do to be exact, when he doesn't have the Tri-force?

Old Post Jun 8th, 2009 03:07 PM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Obsidian Fury

I have no idea no expression

Old Post Jun 8th, 2009 03:08 PM
Utrigita

Well, I ask the question because the threads where I have read about him it appears as if he always have the Tri-force since they pretty much all mentions that he can keep his Castle levitated, but if that is the case giving him access to the Tri-force would imo make this thread unfair towards the Warcraft Team.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2009 03:11 PM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Obsidian Fury

I really don't know much about Ganondorf. I thought TriForce made him unbalanced, so that's the reason why I left it out. I personally couldn't think of a character that could make this gauntlet even, so I took a chance with Ganondorf.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2009 03:15 PM
Utrigita

A good choice imo, we that know Warcraft just need to know what exactly Ganondorf can do without the tri-force. smile

Old Post Jun 8th, 2009 03:17 PM
Cyner
Too little too late

Ganondorf was already a wizard of sorts before he got the Triforce of Power. Usually when people refer to the Tri-force they are refering to all three parts together which gives you ultimate power. However when talking about Ganon it's usually Considered that he has the triforce of power because not only is this where he gets most of his power from, but it is basically standard equipment for him. Without his piece of triforce he might lose to the first person on the list, but then we don't know much about his power range before he got it.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2009 03:53 PM
Cyner is currently offline Click here to Send Cyner a Private Message Find more posts by Cyner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Ganondorf without the ToP barely exists in any Zelda game at all. He'd be very hard to debate, as it'd be mostly speculation. We do know he was already powerful enough to TK massive rocks, summon and create evil creatures, and cast a death curse on the gaurdian of the world's source of life. But that's all we know for sure.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2009 05:48 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Obsidian Fury

Whichever Ganondorf is most balanced.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2009 06:02 PM
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ganon/dorf with Triforce of power is the typical one you usuallly seen, thats the one that should be used, I think theres been confusion between that and the full triforce which is not default equpment anyway.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2009 06:11 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Obsidian Fury

Triforce of Power it is, then.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2009 06:22 PM