KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Grand Theft Auto Trilogy: The Definitive Edition

Grand Theft Auto Trilogy: The Definitive Edition
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

Grand Theft Auto Trilogy - The Definitive Edition

Three iconic cities, three epic stories, one definitive collection. Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition includes the genre-defining Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas together — each one enhanced for a new generation and available together for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via the Rockstar Games Launcher.

Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition will be available digitally on November 11 through the PlayStation Store, the Microsoft Store on Xbox, Nintendo eShop, and the Rockstar Games Launcher, with a physical release for Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PlayStation 4 on December 7.

This is ****in amazing!

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2021 07:43 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I was pleasantly surprised by the video. I might actually get this....
But one thing....

It seems there is going to be a replay mission option after failing a mission, which is by far the most important thing ever....but I haven't been able to find if they have mission checkpoints.

There has to be a system in place that allows you to restart the mission at the location of it....absolutely....

And I would prefer mid mission checkpoints as well.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2021 08:09 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

GTA III is fantastic.

I never played Vice City or San Andreas, so this is great for me.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2021 08:57 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
GTA III is fantastic.

I never played Vice City or San Andreas, so this is great for me.

Vice City is alright, San Andreas is gonna blow you away.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2021 10:40 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

San Andreas I got lost in so many times not wanting to leave and GTAIII & Vice City I recall playing once so this'll be a good return.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2021 11:22 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Vice City is alright, San Andreas is gonna blow you away.

Vice city is more then alright, It's ****en awesome

also i'm wondering are they gonna renew alot of the song licenses, Because the last release of these GTA games on digital. Alot of the songs were removed.

Last edited by Kazenji on Oct 24th, 2021 at 12:57 AM

Old Post Oct 24th, 2021 12:48 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

As long as they put checkpoints and easy way to restart missions.

I dont want to be driving to quest giver, then drive to an area...die near the end of the mission...which then requires me leave the hospital, get new guns...then redo the whole sequence.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2021 12:58 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Smasandian

I dont want to be driving to quest giver, then drive to an area...die near the end of the mission...which then requires me leave the hospital, get new guns...then redo the whole sequence.

Had no issue with that, Make sure you save your game alot and if you did die just load it back up "Shrugs"

Old Post Oct 24th, 2021 01:06 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

60 quid is a lot imo. I know it's three games, but still.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 24th, 2021 01:15 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by Kazenji
Had no issue with that, Make sure you save your game alot and if you did die just load it back up "Shrugs"

Haha... saving your game didn't save any ****ing time at all.
For 20+ year old game, sure....but a re-release....it would be terrible design if they didn't add a modern save system.

If not...then **** them.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2021 01:54 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by -Pr-
60 quid is a lot imo. I know it's three games, but still.

It is.

And people will pay it, unfortunate but true.

I had fun enough back in the day but tried going back and just can't do it. Even San Andreas is way too clunky now, tedious missions, and those stupid tags always frustrated me because I'd be sitting on the spot yet NEVER quite able to find it.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2021 01:54 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Smasandian
Haha... saving your game didn't save any ****ing time at all.

Yes it did, You would still have all said guns before getting killed. Its not like it was a quicksave it was a hard save.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2021 01:57 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

The quest structure still had to be completed repeated.
There is a reason why newer titles implemented a normal save system like checkpoints...because they are good.

But if you want to live in the past...knock yourself out...but its terrible design if they do not implement newer save systems..

Old Post Oct 24th, 2021 12:41 PM
jaden_2.0
Awful

I love San Andreas. I play it every couple of years because it still has one of the best stories in gaming...

But this is a total waste of resources. I'm getting very tired of just constant remake and remasters being announced. Is there a lack of writers in the gaming industry or something? Huge amounts of programming talent, money and resources being funnelled into recoding old games instead of making new ones. Sequels to great games being cancelled to remake games that have already been remade. It's getting worse than movies. I can live with sequels upon sequels so long as its new. But remakes. Absolute nonsense, laziness and money grubbing. I'd go so far as to allow companies to go back to constant loot boxes and pay to win if they so desperately need easy money because I don't play the games that utilise that kind of content. But to cancel triple-A, blockbuster titles to remake old ones. Getting to the point where it makes me want to give up on gaming altogether.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2021 01:03 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by jaden_2.0
I love San Andreas. I play it every couple of years because it still has one of the best stories in gaming...

But this is a total waste of resources. I'm getting very tired of just constant remake and remasters being announced. Is there a lack of writers in the gaming industry or something? Huge amounts of programming talent, money and resources being funnelled into recoding old games instead of making new ones. Sequels to great games being cancelled to remake games that have already been remade. It's getting worse than movies. I can live with sequels upon sequels so long as its new. But remakes. Absolute nonsense, laziness and money grubbing. I'd go so far as to allow companies to go back to constant loot boxes and pay to win if they so desperately need easy money because I don't play the games that utilise that kind of content. But to cancel triple-A, blockbuster titles to remake old ones. Getting to the point where it makes me want to give up on gaming altogether.

Who is canceling brand new games in order to create remakes???

This is one of the best "remasters" in history and it deserves literally nothing but praise.

Also it's nice for the majority of people who don't own their old systems. I can't think of anyone ik irl who still owns their PS2 or ALL THREE of these games.

Mot people ik traded them in for the hot new console on the market, the PS3. I kept all my old systems but that hardly matters tbch, because I know the majority didn't.

I am not bitter about this at all, this is nothing but a good thing for almost everyone.

It is literally a collection of some of the most revolutionary, ground-breaking games ever, but made 10,000x better.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2021 02:17 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I kind of disagree as well. Games are not the same as movies.....the are co-dependent on technology. Movies are generally not.

As long as they continue to sell the original games....I don't have that much of a problem. And....I wouldn't mind seeing updated versions of my favourite games...because I love them and I would love to see what companies can do with it. I preferred Mass Effect Legendary Edition over the originals completely...

Also....most of the remasters/remakes are done by seperate developers. It's not like Rockstar is taking away resources from GTA6 to make these games...its done by a separate company.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2021 03:02 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Who is canceling brand new games in order to create remakes???

This is one of the best "remasters" in history and it deserves literally nothing but praise.

Also it's nice for the majority of people who don't own their old systems. I can't think of anyone ik irl who still owns their PS2 or ALL THREE of these games.

Mot people ik traded them in for the hot new console on the market, the PS3. I kept all my old systems but that hardly matters tbch, because I know the majority didn't.

I am not bitter about this at all, this is nothing but a good thing for almost everyone.

It is literally a collection of some of the most revolutionary, ground-breaking games ever, but made 10,000x better.

I still play San Andreas on my PS2, in spite of owning "remasters".

Mainly to have access to the classic playlists, plus the visuals look better compared to the ultra processed look of the remasters.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2021 03:31 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by cdtm
I still play San Andreas on my PS2, in spite of owning "remasters".

Mainly to have access to the classic playlists, plus the visuals look better compared to the ultra processed look of the remasters.
There will be literally no reason to go back to San Andreas on PS2 once these remasters release, absolutely none.

Unless you're a real stickler for playing games on their original hardware.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2021 04:41 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

There will be literally no reason to go back to San Andreas on PS2 once these remasters release, absolutely none.

Unless you're a real stickler for playing games on their original hardware.

They're getting the same playlist?

Even then, remains to be seen. The Devil May Cry HD remaster has a ton of changed or broken effects that completely changed the visual mood for old school fans, who still played the PS2 versions as definitive editions.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2021 05:07 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I disagree as well....there should be both options. If you want to play old school GTA, play the originals...nothing wrong with that.

I rather have a complete remaster/remake that changes bad gameplay mechanics and such....but I think fans should still be able to play and purchase the original games.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2021 07:35 PM