KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Blair & Smurph's Colosseum SIGN UP's

Blair & Smurph's Colosseum SIGN UP's
Started by: Blair Wind

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Blair & Smurph's Colosseum SIGN UP's

Single gladiators and teams of two gladiators are allowed. You may now sign up for battle.

Also, if you want to be a judge please sign in here. We will be having a hiring process, so you may or may not get the position, though we appreciate your willingness to help.

Confirmed Judges:

Badabing
Blair Wind (Director)
Digi
Delph
Smurph (Director)
Symmetric Chaos

COLOSSEUM RULES:

1. This will be a Ironman (with Extremis)/High Meta Tournament. The characters do not need to be less powerful than Ironman himself, simply in the same power class. If there is a dispute as to how powerful a person is, Blair and Smurph will make executive decisions regarding them. There are no limits on how powerful your characters can be as a team.

An appearance minimum of 10 comics must be achieved for all characters. Those under 10 appearances will be reviewed by both Blair and Smurph, and an executive decision will be made to allow them or not.

2. No offensive matter manipulation. Only the elements of the battlefield or teammates can be altered.

3. Time manip is officially banned.

4. No one-hit kill (OHK) abilities (example: dismemberment via teleportation of limbs/objects into vitals, etc.). This is not to say that your character cannot have such an ability, just that they cannot use it in this way (ie: Blink)

5. No access to the battlefield prior to the beginning of combat. Teams will begin combat .5 kilometers away from each others' position.

6. Prep: Prep is allowed. You get 3 (three) minutes of prep per match. The default prep area is the X-men War Room with a visual of the battlefield you will be fighting in, and where you will be located (but not where your opponent will be). You will not have access to any other X-men facility/utility and that other than the hologram/visual, it should be assumed that anything in the room is mundane.

The only database/computer network you can use is regular internet. You can use Google. Google knows all. No hacking or use of private networks are allowed. Google exists on a multi-universal scale. Marvel/DC/any universe. However, it will not have wikipedia information, just news releases and the like.

This is google in a comic world- the characters you’re fighting aren’t considered fictional, they are more like celebrities with powers, so google information will change accordingly.

Battle Information: Combatants will be given general public information on their opponents (name, basic overview of powers - simple things like "Iceman controls cold" "Strong Man is Strong", or "Storm controls weather", etc), and place of origin. More in-depth information on your opponents can be gained via the use of character information someone on your team might have (assuming you have someone like that, i.e., opponent is Joker, you have Batman on your roster).

7. Tech: Creation of tech is not allowed during prep, however it is during the battle.

The technology can be used to amplify and enhance your characters.
No offensive implement with a greater payload than an independently powered, Extremis Ironman armor is allowed. Defensive technological implements (psi blockers, forcefield generators, armor) will be allowed, as well as communications devices and personal teleporters/means of transportation.

8. Experience is the only thing that carries over from battle to battle. You can not bring any implement that you acquired during the battle to the subsequent rounds. All you'll have is your memories/experiences/knowledge from the previous battle.

9. No amalgamation

10. Duplication/Self Replication: The ability to create copies of yourself (i.e. Multiple Man/Dupli-Kate/Animal Man's ability to replicate themselves) is officially banned

These powers can’t be replicated through tech or any other means.

11. No CIS/PIS

12. Mind Control and Telepathy: Mind control of your opponent, be it by any means (telepathy, hypnosis, possession) is banned. Offensive telepathic assault is allowed.

13. Each poster/team is allowed 10 combat posts plus 4 scan only posts (14 posts total each). Scan only posts are used to post evidence only, not arguments.

14. Battle Field Removal: Battle Field Removal (BFR; removing your opponent from the battlefield via teleportation, banishing, or exertion of force [bfr punching]) is banned.

Teams are confined to the surface area and airspace of the battlefield within the planets atmosphere. Abilities which require a character to momentarily travel extra dimensionally (Nightcrawler's teleportation, Spot's teleportation, etc.), and powers which allow a character to become momentarily out of phase/intangible (Martian intangibility/mass shunt, etc) are allowed. Voluntarily leaving the battlefield, indefinitely or otherwise, means you lose.

15. Power Copying/Negating: Characters that possess the ability to copy/negate the powers of other characters (i.e. Mimic/Leech/Synch) are banned.

These powers can’t be replicated through tech or any other means.

16. Healing Factors: Healing factors are allowed, however if a person is nothing more than paste on the wall that will eventually re-grow itself, they have lost the match. This includes Deadpool and Wolverine. Mr. Immortal, if you so choose to select him, will be, for the purposes of this tournament, dead the first time he dies.

17. Speed Cap: Drafted characters must be within the same power level as Iron Man. If they are deemed higher than that, the character will be banned.

18. Independent Constructs/Constructs: Independently acting constructs are officially banned. Constructs that are not independent must be in line with the power level of the tournament, unless somehow externally amped. 3 constructs are allowed.

19. Precognition/Clairvoyance: Spider-sense like/combat awareness abilities are perfectly legal. Complete future sight isn’t.

20. Probability Alteration/Luck Powers: Probability Alteration characters (a la Longshot, Shamrock, etc) are nixed.

21. Size Alteration/Shrinking Powers: Can’t draft characters capable of shrinking shorter than 1 cm.

22. Creativity is encouraged. Loopholes are to be sought. However, if we have missed something that allows you to be on the level of LT based on a loophole, expect it to be banned.

That being said, if you do find a loophole, or something else that the rules haven’t covered, talk to us first. PM or IM Smurph or Blair and give them a heads up- we could have already had the same situation with another poster and ruled it illegal.

We reserve the right to ban characters or strategies at any point in the tourney.

Scheduling/Battle Format:
Battles will most likely run Sun-Thursdays, with the remainder being for judging. On Wed you will know the new battlefield for the next week.

Battle Format will be dependent on how many people sign up.

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Apr 11th, 2009 11:35 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Batdude and I are in.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2009 12:20 AM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

I'll be a judge if ya need me

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Apr 12th, 2009 12:43 AM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Vally Doosh
Batdude and I are in.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2009 02:47 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

Willing to judge.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2009 05:41 AM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Originally posted by Vally Doosh
Batdude and I are in.

So, only two members are participating in this so far? huh

Old Post Apr 12th, 2009 01:25 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

but 2 of the coolest ones. big grin

Old Post Apr 12th, 2009 02:07 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
17. Speed Cap: Drafted characters must be within the same power level as Iron Man. If they are deemed higher than that, the character will be banned.

Okay, but what is the speed cap? Not everybody's familiar with Iron Man's speed.

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Last edited by Digi on Apr 12th, 2009 at 03:11 PM

Old Post Apr 12th, 2009 02:39 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

I'm in.

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Apr 12th, 2009 03:07 PM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Okay, but what is the speed cap? Not everybody's familiar with Iron Man's speed.

It has nothing to do with Ironman's speed, so long as the speedster is still within the same powerlevel as Ironman. Obviously any of the Flashes would not be.

We do this so that you can have more variety in your choices, unless the general consensus is that you all wish to have a more readily specified cap.

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Apr 12th, 2009 03:29 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

I'm in.

Beware Blonde Badasses Emma Frost K' Dante

RIP Fluffy

Old Post Apr 12th, 2009 06:07 PM
Charlotte DeBel is currently offline Click here to Send Charlotte DeBel a Private Message Find more posts by Charlotte DeBel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

i'm in, just waiting on a partner.....sick sig blair wink

Old Post Apr 12th, 2009 07:59 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Originally posted by Starscream M
I'm in.
fo rlz?

Old Post Apr 12th, 2009 08:27 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vally-Doosh
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Sin I AM
sick sig blair wink

Truth.

Jason says:
what am I supposed to do?
Jon says:
clean your apt before she moves in? buy some pink bed sheets? scented candles?
Jason says:
wait, u have pink bed sheets?
Jon says:
ive said too much

Old Post Apr 12th, 2009 09:24 PM
Vally-Doosh is currently offline Click here to Send Vally-Doosh a Private Message Find more posts by Vally-Doosh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

Originally posted by Original Smurph
fo rlz?
yeah...might as well break my tourney virginity and learn something in the process

and I like the fact that its iron man level as opposed to higher

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Apr 12th, 2009 09:25 PM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

how many characters per squad?

Old Post Apr 12th, 2009 09:54 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Originally posted by psycho gundam
how many characters per squad?

Old Post Apr 12th, 2009 10:03 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Starscream M
and I like the fact that its iron man level as opposed to higher

Don't let that fool you. I guarantee Surfer would get his ass whupped by whatever asinine teams are competing in the finals. See the last IM tourney for reference, where heralds would just be holding their own even in the semis.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2009 12:08 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by Digi
Don't let that fool you. I guarantee Surfer would get his ass whupped by whatever asinine teams are competing in the finals. See the last IM tourney for reference, where heralds would just be holding their own even in the semis.

Nah, that was only cos it was amalgams.

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Apr 13th, 2009 01:03 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Originally posted by Scoobless
Nah, that was only cos it was amalgams.
Yeah, and as this tourney has neither amalgams or prep, the ZOMG-power of the drafted teams is gonna be significantly less than previous tourneys.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2009 04:28 AM