KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » The Walking Dead - Season 3

The Walking Dead - Season 3
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

The Walking Dead - Season 3

How far are you into it so far? Do you like it?

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Dec 21st, 2016 08:06 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I downloaded it last night and will play when I get home from work.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Dec 21st, 2016 01:41 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I'll need some convincing before I get this, if I ever do. Season 2 was such a letdown compared to the first and I hated all the characters it introduced (others like Kenny just barely redeemed it). Not only that, but the end of S2 was the perfect way to let it end with dignity and be wrapped up, but of course another season had to happen since WD's a moneymaker, but after season 2 and the Michonne game which was even worse, I'm not feeling it.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2016 03:37 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

But Jeezus is gonna make an appearance!

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Dec 21st, 2016 04:03 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

He is? Interesting. I liked Glenn's appearance in the first episode of 1st season, and Jesus could take this a long way in being memorable, to a point. I'll just wait to see how well this season's received and stuff before I make a full decision on it, which frankly I should've done with S2 and Michonne.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2016 04:23 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
I'll need some convincing before I get this, if I ever do. Season 2 was such a letdown compared to the first and I hated all the characters it introduced (others like Kenny just barely redeemed it). Not only that, but the end of S2 was the perfect way to let it end with dignity and be wrapped up, but of course another season had to happen since WD's a moneymaker, but after season 2 and the Michonne game which was even worse, I'm not feeling it.
I liked season 2 in a lot of ways.

Season 1 will always be the winner, but meh.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2016 05:46 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

He is? Interesting. I liked Glenn's appearance in the first episode of 1st season, and Jesus could take this a long way in being memorable, to a point. I'll just wait to see how well this season's received and stuff before I make a full decision on it, which frankly I should've done with S2 and Michonne.
Do you follow the source material?

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Dec 21st, 2016 08:04 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Jmanghan
I liked season 2 in a lot of ways.

Season 1 will always be the winner, but meh.

Part of the problem was the choices you made mattered less and less to what ends up happening after S1, to the point they didn't mean shit long run, which kills the point of the experience for this kind of game. Giving you this illusion or facade that your choices matter is the worst offense a Telltale game can make.

On that note, I am curious if anything in S3 is affected by the choices you made in the last two seasons.

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Do you follow the source material?

To a certain extent, yeah. Like I saw enough of Jesus in the comics ahead of where the show currently is and Negan's well written backstory and stuff.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2016 09:22 PM
Jmanghan

Part of the problem was the choices you made mattered less and less to what ends up happening after S1, to the point they didn't mean shit long run, which kills the point of the experience for this kind of game. Giving you this illusion or facade that your choices matter is the worst offense a Telltale game can make.

On that note, I am curious if anything in S3 is affected by the choices you made in the last two seasons.

To a certain extent, yeah. Like I saw enough of Jesus in the comics ahead of where the show currently is and Negan's well written backstory and stuff.
It does. Theres even specialized cutscenes based on what happened.

Choices... KINDA matter in S3.

I'd say Javi is more interesting then the other characters.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2016 09:59 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Heard that so far it's good. Just don't know if I want to buy it now or wait for all the episodes to be out.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2016 10:07 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Jmanghan
It does. Theres even specialized cutscenes based on what happened.

Choices... KINDA matter in S3.

I'd say Javi is more interesting then the other characters.

Good to hear thumb up, but alas, since I initially played the first two seasons on a last gen system, and S3 will apparently only be on current gen according to recent news, I'll just be jumping in with randomly generated choices made even if I do get S3. =(

Old Post Dec 21st, 2016 11:52 PM
Jmanghan

Good to hear thumb up, but alas, since I initially played the first two seasons on a last gen system, and S3 will apparently only be on current gen according to recent news, I'll just be jumping in with randomly generated choices made even if I do get S3. =(
S3 lets you pick your choices from the last two games before you start it.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2016 11:10 AM