KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Raven vs Gorilla Grodd

Raven vs Gorilla Grodd
Started by: King Castle

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

Raven vs Gorilla Grodd

1) Raven Vs Classic Grodd

2) Standard fight current character

Old Post Dec 7th, 2010 06:18 PM
Dark Riddick is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Riddick a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Riddick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Raven should stomp me thinks. But her CIS is the reason she might lose.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2010 06:22 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

i am glad you mention cis more often then not ppl like to forget that little part essential for the character in order to strengthen their argument

Old Post Dec 7th, 2010 06:23 PM
Dark Riddick is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Riddick a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Riddick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Yeah, and in case of Raven, she's all about CIS. It was stated that she has the potential to destroy DC earth all by herself as far as I remember, but she almost never lives up to her full potential.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2010 07:03 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tideoftime

Just to clarify:

In (1), do mean to say *Classic* Raven, as well as Classic Grodd, and then in (2) have them *both* be current, or do you mean only *current* Raven vs. *Classic* Grodd?

Just asking, because it does make a touch of difference (to me at least), in terms of how I'd run the odds...

(Oh... right... geek...)

Old Post Dec 7th, 2010 07:36 PM
tideoftime is currently offline Click here to Send tideoftime a Private Message Find more posts by tideoftime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

however you wanna construed it

Old Post Dec 8th, 2010 01:41 AM
tideoftime

If it's Classic Raven vs. Classic Grodd, I'd give her the majority. While known for her angsty moaning about doom, Classic Raven was pretty resistant to mind control; coupled with her danger sense, teleportation, and Soul Self that Grodd would be hard-pressed to affect (while it can more or less affect him pretty well), she can handle his TP/TK, and physical power (though he can get some wins, via surprise TK manipulation, and/or getting his paws on her for even a split second).

Current Raven, while certainly powerful (and in *certain* regards more assertive, in some ways), is overall more CIS-prone than Classic Raven, to a degree, and that kind of hesitancy/holding back would be the perfect window for Classic Grodd to slip through, giving him at least a split if he plays his cards right. Against current Grodd, who doesn't concretely have the levels of feats that he classically did (at least, not yet), both versions of Raven should take a majority, though he will, as above, get some wins via being particularly clever, and bringing his A-game. (To cross-compare, I think given Fair Knowledge, Grodd would definitely consider Raven more of a threat than Wolverine, by a mile, given her powerset, and wouldn't be as prone to his own CIS of arrogance/underestimating his foe, as Raven might be to her own CIS -- holding back/worried about her darkside/hurting others, etc...)

(Oh... right... geek...)

Old Post Dec 8th, 2010 02:27 AM
tideoftime is currently offline Click here to Send tideoftime a Private Message Find more posts by tideoftime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote