KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Terminator Movies » A few things I didn't like about Judgement Day

A few things I didn't like about Judgement Day
Started by: lord xyz

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

A few things I didn't like about Judgement Day

A lot of people loved this film, and I understand why. It's absolutely awesome! Though, I'm not that sure it actually surpasses the original like everyone says.

My first complaint was early on in the film when he gets his Biker clothes. You know when the guy threatens him and instead of killing the guy with his own gun like before, he just takes his glasses...Why? Is there any reason other than fan service?

Now it's a better complaint and that's the scene when T1000 threatens Sarah. He asks her to shout John, when he could do it himself. He stabs her as well, which heals very quickly. Why didn't he kill her, and pertend to be her? He could've easily done it like he did with his foster mum. Infact, he does do it later on, but Sarah is sitll alive. I was like what the ****? Why didn't he kill her when he had the chance? It would've also been better if he did kill her. T1000 acting like it's Sarah and T101 scans her to find out it's actually T1000. Totally hated it.

I also didn't like how they stopped Skynet from being created. Skynet was the reason he was born, and the first movie was like the future was going to happen no matter what. This movie it was like, oh no, we can stop it. I guess I'm not really mad, but it took me by surpirse, and not so much in the good way.

I didn't get how Arnie found John's house before T1000 when he was dressed like a freaking cop, but that didn't ruin it so much for me.

With everyone loving Judgement Day, I thought I might as well give it some criticism.

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 01:39 AM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Re: A few things I didn't like about Judgement Day

He didn't have to kill the guy.
For the T1000 not killing and imitating sarah right away, if you watch the extened edition of T2 the T1000 is malfunctioning at that point, so my guess is maybe he can't imitate her voice, plus arnie interupted them i think. also i think the t1000 was kind of learning and having fun with them. when she is shooting him and he almost ends up in the metal and she runs out of shells, he stops and wave his finger why not just impale her?? he's having fun.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 03:57 AM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpyCspider

heheh same reason why the terminators dont' just grab their victims and snap their necks instead of tossing them far away, hoping they'd die that way.

I think giving them AI (even though they're machines) gives them the capacity to want to learn and "enjoy" what they're doing..hence, fun.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 05:31 AM
SpyCspider is currently offline Click here to Send SpyCspider a Private Message Find more posts by SpyCspider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
barand1

The only film without any flaws is of course T1.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/trailermaker/view/7frbbc

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 10:22 AM
barand1 is currently offline Click here to Send barand1 a Private Message Find more posts by barand1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: A few things I didn't like about Judgement Day

quote: (post)
Originally posted by darthmaul1
For the T1000 not killing and imitating sarah right away, if you watch the extened edition of T2 the T1000 is malfunctioning at that point, so my guess is maybe he can't imitate her voice,
No, he did, later on.

plus arnie interupted them i think.
He had ample time to kill her.

also i think the t1000 was kind of learning and having fun with them. when she is shooting him and he almost ends up in the metal and she runs out of shells, he stops and wave his finger why not just impale her?? he's having fun.
There's having fun, and there's ****ing up.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 12:08 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
U Neek
Mr

Re: A few things I didn't like about Judgement Day

Originally posted by lord xyz
Now it's a better complaint and that's the scene when T1000 threatens Sarah. He asks her to shout John, when he could do it himself. He stabs her as well, which heals very quickly. Why didn't he kill her, and pertend to be her? He could've easily done it like he did with his foster mum.

True, that part of the movie does seem rather idiotic. The T-1000 could have just killed Sarah so that she's out of the picture and proceed after John as Sarah. The thing is before the T-1000 stabbed Sarah in the steel mill, he could have walked around as her as he had already "sampled" her from when he stabbed her previously in the lift when she was escaping from Pescadero State Hospital.

Maybe the T-1000 thought that if Sarah called for John, and John came back to see his mother in danger, that John would not try to run but try to save his mother (and ultimately fail...) After all, John did go to the correctional facility to save his mum, who's to say he would not try to save her again?

I don't think the T-1000 was having "fun" toying with Sarah. It's a machine trying to complete a mission. Having fun is not part of that mission. Looking at the deleted scenes, the T-1000 was malfunctioning, and maybe it thought the best chance to lure John into a trap was by showing him his mother is in danger rather than appearing as her (as from the deleted scenes John was able to tell that the first Sarah was false.)

-U

Old Post Jun 13th, 2009 01:18 PM
U Neek is currently offline Click here to Send U Neek a Private Message Find more posts by U Neek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by U Neek
True, that part of the movie does seem rather idiotic. The T-1000 could have just killed Sarah so that she's out of the picture and proceed after John as Sarah. The thing is before the T-1000 stabbed Sarah in the steel mill, he could have walked around as her as he had already "sampled" her from when he stabbed her previously in the lift when she was escaping from Pescadero State Hospital.

Maybe the T-1000 thought that if Sarah called for John, and John came back to see his mother in danger, that John would not try to run but try to save his mother (and ultimately fail...) After all, John did go to the correctional facility to save his mum, who's to say he would not try to save her again?

I don't think the T-1000 was having "fun" toying with Sarah. It's a machine trying to complete a mission. Having fun is not part of that mission. Looking at the deleted scenes, the T-1000 was malfunctioning, and maybe it thought the best chance to lure John into a trap was by showing him his mother is in danger rather than appearing as her (as from the deleted scenes John was able to tell that the first Sarah was false.)

-U
That's a neat deduction.

Throughout that scene I was thinking, why? Kill her and transform into her. But afterwards I thought, okay, maybe he couldn't for some stupid reason.But then he did turn into her...and didn't kill her! Like what the ****? Surely killing the original is mandatory as it shows straight afterwards.

I'm sorry, to all those people who love T2 so much, you can't love a film with such an obvious flaw like that in it.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2009 11:30 PM
U Neek
Mr

No need to apologise. Your opinion is your opinion, and everyone has a right to their say.

If you only watch the theatrical release of T2, then yes, I agree with you. The T-1000 should have killed Sarah straight away. At that point he didn't need Sarah alive. But from the deleted scenes on the DVD release, you can see the T-1000 was merging with everything that was made out of metal.

And what you have mentioned are not the only flaws in T2. I can't remember any of them at this point but there are a few more. Also I have to admit that when I watch the DVD release of T2 now, there are many parts of the movie that I skip because I find parts of the film quite boring. I'll probably be shot for saying that but that's how I feel about it...

-U

Old Post Jun 14th, 2009 11:55 AM
U Neek is currently offline Click here to Send U Neek a Private Message Find more posts by U Neek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
U Neek
Mr

Re: Re: A few things I didn't like about Judgement Day

Sorry but what lord xyz said is right, "fan service" is why Arnie didn't kill the biker dude.

Arnie had a shotgun pointed at him, which should register as a threat, meaning Terminator should "eliminate" the threat. This would mean killing the guy. But he was spared. Why? At that point in the movie Terminator was not informed that he "couldn't go around killing people" and that he "wasn't a Terminator anymore". That happened later when...

Look at the scene where two guys come to help John when John screams for help and realises Terminator has to obey his every command. Terminator was about to kill one of those guys and the guy wasn't even pointing a gun at him. Neither of the guys had a weapon on them. You could argue that maybe Terminator thought they were a threat to John but Terminator did not attack them until John said so.

-U

Old Post Jun 14th, 2009 12:03 PM
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Exactly.

I also found Sarah's dream to be...weird.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2009 02:30 PM
barand1

Originally posted by lord xyz
Exactly.

I also found Sarah's dream to be...weird.

Which dream is this? The dream where she is at the fence or the bit before in the uncut release where Kyle shows up?

That I did not like. Infact I dislike that cut.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2009 10:31 PM
barand1 is currently offline Click here to Send barand1 a Private Message Find more posts by barand1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

When the T-1000 had sarah in the mill, didn't arnie inturupt them and she got away?? i can't remember. this gave sarah a chance to get away.
You could start asking the question when john appeared in from of the t-1000 at the end why didn't he just quickly impale him the same as he did for john foster dad?? if they did everything they should then there wouldn't be any movie. Maybe Dr. Evil is in command of skynet and Scott says "if you have a time machine why don't you go back and kill john conner while he's sitting on the crapper?" Dr. Evil " How bout NO!"

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 09:36 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by barand1
Which dream is this? The dream where she is at the fence or the bit before in the uncut release where Kyle shows up?

That I did not like. Infact I dislike that cut.
The fence dream.

When the T-1000 had sarah in the mill, didn't arnie inturupt them and she got away?? i can't remember. this gave sarah a chance to get away.
You could start asking the question when john appeared in from of the t-1000 at the end why didn't he just quickly impale him the same as he did for john foster dad?? if they did everything they should then there wouldn't be any movie. Maybe Dr. Evil is in command of skynet and Scott says "if you have a time machine why don't you go back and kill john conner while he's sitting on the crapper?" Dr. Evil " How bout NO!"
No, T1000 trapped Arnie and bullied Sarah, instead of killing her. Arnie did interupt, but aeons after.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2009 06:28 PM
U Neek
Mr

Yes Arnie did interrupt the happy couple. However, before he did so, the T-1000 had a conversation with Sarah. He said a few lines, something like the following:

"Call to John."
"I know this hurts."
"Call to John now."

In between the lines there's a pause whilst the T-1000 changes his fingers into another sharp object, which he points at one of Sarah's eyes. Now this is more than enough time to waste her...

You could start asking the question when john appeared in from of the t-1000 at the end why didn't he just quickly impale him the same as he did for john foster dad??

In my opinion, John was out of range to suffer an attack similar to the one that killed his foster Dad. The T-1000 [as Sarah] was deliberatly acting hurt to draw John closer to it so that he could possibly kill John in the same manner as his foster Dad. That's my take on that scene anyways.

-U

Old Post Jun 16th, 2009 08:15 PM
barand1

Originally posted by U Neek
Yes Arnie did interrupt the happy couple. However, before he did so, the T-1000 had a conversation with Sarah. He said a few lines, something like the following:

"Call to John."
"I know this hurts."
"Call to John now."

In between the lines there's a pause whilst the T-1000 changes his fingers into another sharp object, which he points at one of Sarah's eyes. Now this is more than enough time to waste her...

In my opinion, John was out of range to suffer an attack similar to the one that killed his foster Dad. The T-1000 [as Sarah] was deliberatly acting hurt to draw John closer to it so that he could possibly kill John in the same manner as his foster Dad. That's my take on that scene anyways.

-U

It seems logical, so I agree.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2009 07:52 AM