KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Transformers » Can some 1 tell me what was the purpus of having 2 trash talk ghetto robots

Can some 1 tell me what was the purpus of having 2 trash talk ghetto robots
Started by: K-9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
K-9
King of K-9s

Can some 1 tell me what was the purpus of having 2 trash talk ghetto robots

sad

Old Post Jun 28th, 2009 01:28 PM
K-9 is currently offline Click here to Send K-9 a Private Message Find more posts by K-9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

nothing. but it wasn't intentionally racist either imo.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2009 03:11 PM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

Comic relief, I imagine.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2009 05:03 PM
Super Marie 64 is currently offline Click here to Send Super Marie 64 a Private Message Find more posts by Super Marie 64 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Rex
Dark Lord Of The Cookies

What is your problem with them?
Leo was an ******* but what is the problem with the Twins!

CREATED BY SCYTHE
THE TRANSFORMERS KNOW-IT-ALL!

Old Post Jun 28th, 2009 06:54 PM
Darth Rex is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Rex a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Rex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

I loved them. So did a hundred more that saw the movie at the same time as I did

Old Post Jun 28th, 2009 06:57 PM
Super Marie 64 is currently offline Click here to Send Super Marie 64 a Private Message Find more posts by Super Marie 64 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

i loved them.. very very funny and witty

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 28th, 2009 08:03 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General_Iroh
White Guy

I liked 'em alright. Definitely don't deserve the hate they've received.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2009 09:22 PM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K-9
King of K-9s

I'm not saying I hate them, I mean there hilarious but, its jus that I wonda y and how they come up with this thing. And did u gys saw the robot with the 2 big wheelers now isnt that something and how optimus take him down woooooooo that was outstandingly crazyyyyy eek!

Old Post Jun 28th, 2009 10:21 PM
K-9 is currently offline Click here to Send K-9 a Private Message Find more posts by K-9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

You mean Arcee? It was beyond sexually arousing, good sir.

Edit: Oh, no. You mean that guy. Meh, I saw it

Old Post Jun 28th, 2009 10:29 PM
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by C. C. Cowgirl!
I loved them. So did a hundred more that saw the movie at the same time as I did

What she said.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2009 10:44 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hegemon875
Archvillain

Originally posted by Sado22
nothing. but it wasn't intentionally racist either imo.

Does that really make it ok though?

Old Post Jun 29th, 2009 03:26 AM
Hegemon875 is currently offline Click here to Send Hegemon875 a Private Message Find more posts by Hegemon875 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

They were funny, but a little crude in places.
And as for being racist, it is only racists if the viewer chooses to make it that way. Maybe being a Canadian makes it easier to not notice that stuff?
Do we call it racist when optimus, ironhide and rachet are saying funny things, cause they are protraying caucasians?
Or is it offensive to mute people because bumble bee can't talk?
No. they are simply characters in a movie that are given a personality. I simply looked at them as a couple of buds that enjoyed bantering.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2009 08:10 AM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

Originally posted by Hegemon875
Does that really make it ok though?

If it wasn't intended racistic, or interpreted as such by the many that helped creating the movie, then it's all the eye of the beholder. Those that percieve it as racistic. The ones making the movie has not done any wrong.

Oversensitivity (and wishful thinking?).

Old Post Jun 29th, 2009 09:15 AM
General_Iroh
White Guy

Originally posted by C. C. Cowgirl!
If it wasn't intended racistic, or interpreted as such by the many that helped creating the movie, then it's all the eye of the beholder. Those that percieve it as racistic. The ones making the movie has not done any wrong.

Oversensitivity (and wishful thinking?).

Well people will pick out racism wherever they can find it, as far as I'm concerned they were fairly realistic characters and thus funny.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 08:05 PM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nimbus006
Accuser

Personally, I didn't care for them much.

However, my nephew thought they were hilarious.

I believe they were added for a younger audience as comedic relief.

They were in no way racist.

By: Juk

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 08:57 PM
nimbus006 is currently offline Click here to Send nimbus006 a Private Message Find more posts by nimbus006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

They did come across as irritating douches though.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 09:09 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

and as for people saying it was racist cause they couldn't read? they couldn't read the old language of the primes that is all i got out of it.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 10:32 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

that'd be me.
i'm just saying that their exact line was "well, we never do any reading, not really".
i didn't find it racist at all but bay should've seen this coming.

~Sado

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2009 08:56 AM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Sado22
that'd be me.
i'm just saying that their exact line was "well, we never do any reading, not really".
i didn't find it racist at all but bay should've seen this coming.

~Sado

Why would Bay see any of this coming... He wanted to have some comic relief in this film and he achieved that with these characters..

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2009 06:59 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

This seems almost related to the one thread on imdb about Sam drawing a third "I" on the "Badboyz II" poster.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2009 01:52 AM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote