KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Transformers » Transformers 2 reviews, what did everyone think?

Transformers 2 reviews, what did everyone think?
Started by: darthmaul1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
darthmaul1

Transformers 2 reviews, what did everyone think?

I apologize i posted this elsewhere but figured it should be in it's own forum that is why i created it.

Just went to see and I was not impressed, it was very bad compared to the first one. if the first one was a 9 this would be a 3
The first hour or so was fine and felt like the first movie and was entertaining, and then it went down hill quickly.

Things wrong with it. warning spoilers!!
There were WAYYYYY too many robots.
Most of the decepticons you never saw them in their transport state!!
We weren't even given any of their names or introduced to any of them and if there was a little mention of their name I can't remember any of them with the exception of Soundwave (which could have had a way better part) and the Fallen.

Why would the sector 7 guy simmons be fired and now working at a meat market??? and what are the odds of Sam's roommate knowing him? just stupid they could of keeped him in the story without this whole thing. Simmons was just annoying and his lines were painful. and did we have to see his ass like the way we did? that was not even funny it was stupid.
Even though it was funny when the little decepticon was humping mekailas leg, i was thinking what the hell was that why does a robot need to do that?

The coolest part was the good decepticon that was the SR-71 Blackbird.
But they did not use him they way they should of.
But why was he just sitting in the simthonian? and why did he need the shard to wake up?
Then he magically transport everyone from america to egypt??? what the hell was that?? it would of been so much better had he transformed into the blackbird and flown all of them to egypt, he could of got them there in 3 hrs or less if going at mach 3 or more. And we know they can go faster than that if blackout in the first one can go from qatar to vegas in the span of an hour and also if Megatron and starscream can get to one of saturns moons and back in no time at all.
The Fallen character did they pull that out of their ass?
They should of never of brought him in and just gone with megatron onlybut unfortunatley his role was seriously diminished
I never liked constructacons and devastartor was just stupid, and why did he have balls???
The human female decepticon!!!!???? what is this species and the terminator in one?? that was dumb.
Them getting accross the border just like that without any problems...stupid.
Oh ya, there is a huge metal machine inside the great pyramid and no one knows this for 3000 - 4000 years???

There was plenty of action but for the most part it was just stupid and a bad follow up to the original which was great.

Let the hate responses begin

Old Post Jun 27th, 2009 03:26 AM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

here is Robert wilonsky's review
much like mine

http://www.villagevoice.com/2009-06...formers-part-2/

Old Post Jun 27th, 2009 03:59 AM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

I am not a Transformers nut, just went as a hardcore movie fan.

-Optimus Prime; Although I must say the way they overpowered Megatron in the first film, They did that to Prime here.
-Bumblebee
-Megatron/Starscream scenes together.
-Scenes with Epps, Linnox were good.
-Sam's parents are cool; mother was funny as hell.
-Liked the action/CGI better here then in the first film.

Dislikes
-Runtime. The thing was waaayyy too long. The Dark Knight and Watchmen were longer but there wasn't a point in those films where my interest was lost. There was plenty of needless moments in ROTF. Alot of the college could have been cut out.
-Too much forced humour. Go see it with a big crowd and you'll laugh. Sitting at home watching on dvd by yourself you'll be vomiting. I'll have skipped it via remote. Things like the thong, excessive humpind, mudflap/skids was overdoing it.
-Starscream didn't fail at doing nothing for the SECOND time in a row. He's by far has the coolest cover(F-22 Raptor) want to see him with more action.
-Sam's roomate was making me consider suicide.
-Turturro was way over the top.
-Ending was rushed and wasn't great like Terminator: Salvation's. Didn't mind the beggining.
-Need more of Ratchet and Ironhide
-Inconsistancies: Where's Barricade?
-Sam going to Autobot heaven was lame.
-Didn't like Megatron taking the backseat to The Fallen. And then Fallen got pwned easily by Prime.
-Humans shouldn't be able to do much against Decepticons.

So as you can see I had plenty of gripes most notably the runtime. However I would have to recommend it. Was the biggest summer movie but not the best.

First was better than this but there close.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2009 04:40 AM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

it sucked.
anytme you see megatron getting dropped by three tanks and gunfre and retreating you know you're watching a shit movie.

~Sado

Old Post Jun 27th, 2009 07:19 AM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Rex
Dark Lord Of The Cookies

Orci said Barricade's disappearance was a thread for the second movie?
We didn't see him at all!

CREATED BY SCYTHE
THE TRANSFORMERS KNOW-IT-ALL!

Old Post Jun 27th, 2009 09:17 AM
Darth Rex is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Rex a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Rex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

Already reviewed this. In short, I liked it.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2009 01:39 PM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Same here.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2009 02:23 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

shame on you, kazenji laughing out loud

Old Post Jun 27th, 2009 03:15 PM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

I didn't mind that the army could injure the decepticons, cause they new how to do that in the 1st movie. and the run time was only 7min longer than the first one, but thankfully it didn't fell long.

But, a few more dislikes,
Why couldn't simmons let the military know to drop prime off close to them?? instead of miles away and them have to run right through the whole battle.
And a battleship commander takes a call from simmons has no idea who he is and launches a shot off??? WTF!!!!!
Sam in autobot heaven just frigin stupid!!!!!!
And why couldn't bumblebee talk any more i don't know???

Last edited by darthmaul1 on Jun 27th, 2009 at 03:50 PM

Old Post Jun 27th, 2009 03:45 PM
Darth Martin

Yeah that's another thing. I could've swore that Bumblebee regained his voice at the end of the first film. What happend to that?

Old Post Jun 27th, 2009 04:33 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K3VIL
Neutral Force

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sado22
it sucked.
anytme you see megatron getting dropped by three tanks and gunfre and retreating you know you're watching a shit movie.

~Sado

Indeed my friend, Megatron could have owned those thanks like little toys.Not to mention he was supposed to gain his own Cybertronian Tank alternate mode.So much hype around this movie and so few consistence.
I forgot to say that Bumblebee being thread like a ****ing pet talking using songs was pathetic.He's a transformers, not a pokemon for god's sake.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2009 05:13 PM
K3VIL is currently offline Click here to Send K3VIL a Private Message Find more posts by K3VIL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Originally posted by K3VIL
Indeed my friend, Megatron could have owned those thanks like little toys.Not to mention he was supposed to gain his own Cybertronian Tank alternate mode.So much hype around this movie and so few consistence.
I forgot to say that Bumblebee being thread like a ****ing pet talking using songs was pathetic.He's a transformers, not a pokemon for god's sake.

Yes it was OK in the first one, but he got his voice back at the end and now he lost it??
Bumblebee is in all intense purposes a sentient being, is he just going to sit in the garage for 4 years while Sam is at college???

Old Post Jun 27th, 2009 05:38 PM
dadudemon

You doodoo heads.

Sam didn't go to Autobot heaven.

It was a vision...a psionic projection from the Allspark. A collective memory of the Prime's.

And whoever said Optimus was overpowered is wrong.

Megatron was overpowered in the first film. It was closer to what it should be in the second. Prime is supposed to be a badass...there's no reason he should have gotten his ass handed to him in the first film, by Megatron alone. (Someone can now whine about Prime getting his ass handed to him because he was trying to avoid hurting humans and Sam. Blah. Not a good enough excuse.)

I thought the story was going to be shit. However, towards the end, it started to come together and the story was actually quite good once it did so. I was very pleased with how the story turned out. I didn't like how some things played out...but it was still good.

And the fact that Sam was "memorized" by some decepticon chick didn't bode well. He acted like some anime dude under a spell that couldn't stop his urges or something.

And, yes, his roommate looks like Mairuzu. lol

I didn't like most of the scenes with that guy.

I give it an 8 out of 10.

Not as good as the first, imo, but the story is better than the first.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2009 05:42 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Originally posted by dadudemon
You doodoo heads.

Sam didn't go to Autobot heaven.

It was a vision...a psionic projection from the Allspark. A collective memory of the Prime's.

I give it an 8 out of 10.

Not as good as the first, imo, but the story is better than the first.

That was still crap, autobot heaven or projection from the allspark what ever you want to call it, it was just stupid, he's dead and now "OH it's the primes" he's alive.

It was complete crap. the first 30min excluding the beginning 3 min in 17000bc was good and reminded me of the first but after that it went down hill fast.

The first story was way better. even though it was simple. they needed the all spark to rejuvinate cybertron and conqure the world.
Basing this on the movie that all suckieness is based on star trek 5 which has a rating of 1 out of 10 i would give this a 3 out of 10,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqQmfCOGmFU

i wasn't bored and the time went quickly thankfully but the stupid jokes and lack of good characters and missing some from the previous movie(there were way too many robots) made it a complete sh1t show.

Even if i found the acoustical sweet spot it still would of sucked

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loARxdbitjA

Last edited by darthmaul1 on Jun 27th, 2009 at 06:17 PM

Old Post Jun 27th, 2009 06:10 PM
General_Iroh
White Guy

Originally posted by darthmaul1
I didn't mind that the army could injure the decepticons, cause they new how to do that in the 1st movie. and the run time was only 7min longer than the first one, but thankfully it didn't fell long.

But, a few more dislikes,
Why couldn't simmons let the military know to drop prime off close to them?? instead of miles away and them have to run right through the whole battle.
And a battleship commander takes a call from simmons has no idea who he is and launches a shot off??? WTF!!!!!
Sam in autobot heaven just frigin stupid!!!!!!
And why couldn't bumblebee talk any more i don't know???

He couldn't drop Prime off close to them because he had to be in that area, it was part of the message in Sam's head. The guy in charge of the aircraft carrier didn't blindly fire off a missile either, Simmon's knew classified information and said he was a former member of Sector Seven, so he sent his jet or whatever it was that way. I'm sure Bumblebee couldn't talk because of something in the comics, I didn't read them but apparently that's where Barricade died as well.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2009 06:57 PM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Originally posted by Menetnashté
He couldn't drop Prime off close to them because he had to be in that area, it was part of the message in Sam's head. The guy in charge of the aircraft carrier didn't blindly fire off a missile either, Simmon's knew classified information and said he was a former member of Sector Seven, so he sent his jet or whatever it was that way. I'm sure Bumblebee couldn't talk because of something in the comics, I didn't read them but apparently that's where Barricade died as well.

All of that is just bull crap!!!!
Why did prime have to be in that area????
Ummmm no one knew about sector 7 so how would a captain of the battle ship know???
bumblebee couldn't talk because of something in the comics? and barricade died as well???? what the hell is that? you don't make a movie assuming people have read a comic!!!
It is a complete crock, this movie sucked.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2009 07:02 PM
General_Iroh
White Guy

Ummmm no one knew about sector 7 so how would a captain of the battle ship know???
bumblebee couldn't talk because of something in the comics? and barricade died as well???? what the hell is that? you don't make a movie assuming people have read a comic!!!

Prime just had to be there, it wouldn't have worked otherwise, part of the prophecy. You don't question prophecies. He didn't know about sector seven, he was unsure but he knew about a classified weapon so chances were he was a somewhat viable source, otherwise he risked the entire planet being destroyed, I think I'd have had it checked out as well. Yeah, I know the whole comic book thing is a bit weird but using too much punctuation isn't going to fix it.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2009 07:16 PM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Even if i found the acoustical sweet spot it still would of sucked

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loARxdbitjA

laughing out loud

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Jun 27th, 2009 07:24 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

That was still crap, autobot heaven or projection from the allspark what ever you want to call it, it was just stupid, he's dead and now "OH it's the primes" he's alive.

I guess you didn't realize that the concussion from the blast did not kill Sam, did you?

You'd think that there was something else going on, there...considering he was not blown to bits...and just got launched/knocked out.

Maybe...just maybe....the Matrix (not Allspark, I meant matrix...my bad.) contains the memories of all the previous primes? Oh, wait, it does. no expression

You're just like Ebert, criticizing something because your ignorant of. Sure, you can criticize the cheesy humor, excessive sound and fighting, etc. But you can't criticize something in the plot because you failed to understand it...unless your critcism was that it was complex or too confusing.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2009 07:33 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

DUDE! You didn't pay attention to the movie.

Only a Prime could kill The Fallen.

I have no idea what that guy is talking about. I don't remember sector 7 being used as leverage when talking to that captain.

No assumption is necessary. If you really liked the first film, chances are you are going to read the comic, before or after watching the second.

It is secondary. And, it is well known among fans that Barricade seemed to disappear in the first.

Actually, what sucks is your ability to pay attention in a movie. smile

Old Post Jun 27th, 2009 07:37 PM