KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » USH'S STAR WARS GAME- Christmas Thread 2008

USH'S STAR WARS GAME- Christmas Thread 2008
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

USH'S STAR WARS GAME- Christmas Thread 2008

Welcome to this year's Star Wars RP Christmas thread!

Well, we are back to the PT gaming at last. The current situation is that off-line play has been under another hiatus as we finish a very popular Judge Dredd campaign instead. For this reason I am not in a hurry to crack on at immense speed, but I am fairly confident we can carry onto the next Episode through to completion smoothly. After that I cannot say, but we'll try our best and I shall try and keep you updated accordingly.

So- other than discussing the storyline/mocking each other, what is going to happen for the Christmas Thread this year? Well, I- more precisely, my brother- have a little gift for you. This has actually existed for some while, but I could not give it out until the Dark Siders got to Briande in the Desert of Stones, and in the end I decided it would make a good thing to wait until Christmas for.

So we therefore present a bonus story, very much part of the current Campaign mythology and also acting as a taster of the kind of thing that might happen if we ever play a KOTOR style game.

The story is called 'Fall of Damaria' and takes place several millennia before the stories you are currently playing.

The story has been written in Z-format- more precisely zblorb. This makes it, technically, a text adventure, a format which some of you may be used to and some not. However, it doesn;t matter anyway because my brother, experimenting with Inform7 (an attempt to make naturla language programming work- i.e. when writing the game you type 'The Lounge is a room. There is a chair in the lounge. South of the lounge is the kitchen' and the game engine will then have created those things for you)...

... means he has actually made this a 'choose your own adventure' format. The game should tell you all you need to be able to play, though do feel free to post in here about it.

To play, you will ened a z-machine interpreter. Easiest thing to do is to get the latest version of Windows Frotz 2002- top link here.

http://www.inform-fiction.org/zmachine/windows.html

This link:

http://www.ifarchive.org/if-archive/

contains several folders of interpreters containing absolutely anything you could need. For example, 'Filfre' for Windows (in the 'multi' folder) is a relatively new fancy multi-platform interpreter, and probably provides more features than Windows Frotz (for example, upon opening the game, Filfre gives you the intro panel, which Windows Frontz does not).

All that remains, then, is the game file- link is here. It is not very big.

http://under-the-gun.org/christmas/...0Damaria.zblorb

Enjoy- ask any questions you like, and discuss what you like. Try and find as much as possible- there is a lot of stuff in there. See who can find all the hidden bits, and who can get the highest score!

Marry Christmas... and May the Force be with you.

(incidentally, this is the second release version- I tested the first- and it is possible bugs remain. Please report any! My brother will be more than happy to fix them)

(also- sorry for the delay! Needed someone to host the game file for me...)

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 25th, 2008 07:12 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

'fraid I lack the computer needed. sad

A long time have I waited for this, my little green friend!

Old Post Dec 25th, 2008 07:16 PM
Jedireaper is currently offline Click here to Send Jedireaper a Private Message Find more posts by Jedireaper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Just about any computer created in the last 20 years will do...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 25th, 2008 07:24 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Hmm, interesting... now let's see what we find here...

Old Post Dec 25th, 2008 07:26 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Uhm... I only have a Nintendo DS, and a PS3 to do my bidding and RPing.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2008 07:29 PM
Jedireaper is currently offline Click here to Send Jedireaper a Private Message Find more posts by Jedireaper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Ahh. Well, yeah, that's not going to do much good.

Meanwhile, I am playing away big grin

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Dec 25th, 2008 07:31 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

I have a 95 computer with no net connection, its crap!

Old Post Dec 25th, 2008 07:38 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

You'll be amazed what you can find if you look around. One of those links I gave above even has a Gameboy-based Z-code interpreter.

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Dec 25th, 2009 at 12:07 AM

Old Post Dec 25th, 2008 07:48 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Yeah, I saw that. Weird.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2008 07:49 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Oops, and I died...

Old Post Dec 25th, 2008 07:49 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Sweet, finished it without dying this time around (got kinda close at one point though), and I got 9 points.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2008 08:48 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

9 points = big Jedi girly Padawan.

BtVS

Old Post Dec 25th, 2008 09:12 PM
Peach
mordrem

Or really poor luck when trying to decide things!

Also the 'dice' hate me. As always.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2008 09:15 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Big girly Padawan...

BtVS

Old Post Dec 25th, 2008 09:24 PM
Peach
mordrem

11 points the second time!

Fights while playing as an acolyte are much more of a pain.

And I am girly, damnit! stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 25th, 2008 09:24 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

[Obi-Wan] But there are alternatives to fighting...

BtVS

Old Post Dec 25th, 2008 09:25 PM
Peach
mordrem

Yeah, well, Obi-wan's not always right.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2008 09:26 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Not when YOU play an Acolyte...

BtVS

Old Post Dec 25th, 2008 09:26 PM
Peach
mordrem

Can't do much but fight when you walk into a bunch of soldiers. I don't think they're very interested in tea parties, anyway.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2008 09:27 PM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Obi-Wan was a drunken hypocrite anyway, so there you go.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2008 09:29 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote