KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » How strong(exactly) is Batman??

How strong(exactly) is Batman??
Started by: braz

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
braz
I'm an agent of chaos...

How strong(exactly) is Batman??

like whats his max press???

Old Post Sep 13th, 2005 03:55 AM
braz is currently offline Click here to Send braz a Private Message Find more posts by braz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

he's held up a 1,000 pound ceiling struture above his head (shoulder press fasion) before...

he's been seen bench pressing (over ten reps) over 600 pounds on a few occasions...

funny though in one arch he couldn't dead lift 650.

other feats of strength include him: kicking down a steel door, uprooting a metal pipe, punching a man through a brick wall giving him internal damage...and this...

Attachment: punchingpower.jpg
This has been downloaded 847 time(s).

Old Post Sep 13th, 2005 06:42 AM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Batman Returns

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jinzin
he's held up a 1,000 pound ceiling struture above his head (shoulder press fasion) before...

he's been seen bench pressing (over ten reps) over 600 pounds on a few occasions...

other feats of strength include him: kicking down a steel door, uprooting a metal pipe, punching a man through a brick wall giving him internal damage...and this...

bales batman could NOT do that. cmon. and ppl say he's so close to the comics roll eyes (sarcastic) . for one thing, ITS A COMIC BOOK. and if the hero's gotta be human, they'll make him the "strongest human ever" type. but 1000 pounds??? pfft, cmon, bruce would have to look like arnold (when he first got big) or something, and boy would THAT give away his "scecret identity", lol.

sorry for ranting, but i just thought of that. i really dont care how much he "presses" as long as he kicks butt good Happy Dance

Old Post Sep 13th, 2005 09:06 PM
Batman Returns is currently offline Click here to Send Batman Returns a Private Message Find more posts by Batman Returns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

well batman can put himself into a ninja trance that increases his adrenaline and strength while negating his pain receptors and such... he can only do it for a limited amount of time 5-8 minutes... but he can do it.... and you don't have to look like arnold to be strong... I was one of the smallest guys in my lifting class and I lifted twice as much as some ofthe guys that were 3 times my size... it's all about how you train..and we all know batman knows how to do that.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2005 02:46 PM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
braz
I'm an agent of chaos...

^ yup..just look at bruce lee, he can put up 750 on the press, n thats like 6 times his weight, 130lbs crazy shyt

Old Post Sep 14th, 2005 10:28 PM
braz is currently offline Click here to Send braz a Private Message Find more posts by braz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
STRINGTHEORY

Originally posted by jinzin

Yes I remember that. He heald up a cieling . On that deadlift thing he was trying to save a girl. He tore a ligament in his shoulder. He was so pissed he couldn't save the girl. He took steroids. Got addicted to them asked Alfred to lock him in the Batcave for 30 days and not let him out it was an interesting issue. I think it was more like a leverage thing not a strength issue though.
THose were issue from back in the day. You are dating yourself. was . big grin

Last edited by STRINGTHEORY on Sep 15th, 2005 at 05:02 AM

Old Post Sep 15th, 2005 04:57 AM
STRINGTHEORY is currently offline Click here to Send STRINGTHEORY a Private Message Find more posts by STRINGTHEORY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

heyyyyy waiiitaminute...did you just insinuate I'm gettin old? sad....man that's like the 3rd person this week...I just thought I had good taste in classics... stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 15th, 2005 06:26 AM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

As I understand it, Batman is at peak Human level. He weighs about--what? 225? The strongest weightlifters in that class can lift about twice that over head--and that's their specialty! Batman is more like a decathalon champ, not so specialized, so I'd be surprised if he could military press more than 400-500 lbs. Supporting a weight is another story, especially if you are relying on your back and legs. I believe that Guiness lists Sri Chimnoy as the human who has lifted the most weight ever (by about one inch, using basically his legs): about 7000 pounds. So, I guess we have a lot of room to play here. BTW, I read somewhere years ago, that the average man can military press about 100 pounds for a 1 rep max (wt of average man about 150 pounds). That would make Batman minimally 4 times stronger than the average joe. Hmm. I wonder if his utility belt doubles as a lifter's belt...

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2005 04:36 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Batman Returns

lol, exactly mindship. no matter what, batman is human and i doubt he could lift 1000 punds in reallife. like, i said, its a comic book.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2005 04:10 PM
Batman Returns is currently offline Click here to Send Batman Returns a Private Message Find more posts by Batman Returns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Leafar

According to comic book physics, 1,000 pounds would be the peak human limit. Batman could lift a 1,000 object over his head. Now, I am sure his Ninja training helps him to overcome his human limitations.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2005 03:27 PM
Leafar is currently offline Click here to Send Leafar a Private Message Find more posts by Leafar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

Originally posted by Leafar
According to comic book physics, 1,000 pounds would be the peak human limit. Batman could lift a 1,000 object over his head. Now, I am sure his Ninja training helps him to overcome his human limitations.

um okay. I always thought it his limit was around 500 to 600 lbs.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2005 03:30 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jplatinum
Restricted

Account Restricted

Jinzin,
you know that picture of batman kickingthe tree down is bullshit right.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2005 09:30 PM
jplatinum is currently offline Click here to Send jplatinum a Private Message Find more posts by jplatinum Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

it is?

Old Post Sep 26th, 2005 09:32 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediMasterLuke5
Superman is a god

I read some where that he can lift 800 pounds, which is the same as Wolverine and Captain America.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2005 10:44 PM
JediMasterLuke5 is currently offline Click here to Send JediMasterLuke5 a Private Message Find more posts by JediMasterLuke5 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gannon
Mild Mannered

4 million pounds!!!!!!!!

deviantArt | Duel Record 12:7 | My Sigs

Old Post Sep 28th, 2005 11:26 PM
Gannon is currently offline Click here to Send Gannon a Private Message Find more posts by Gannon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by jplatinum
Jinzin,
you know that picture of batman kickingthe tree down is bullshit right.

Why is it?

Old Post Sep 28th, 2005 11:33 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

batman is just a man, 1000 pounds? i highly doubt he could do that....

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Oct 7th, 2005 10:20 PM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
braz
I'm an agent of chaos...

yea^ probably not 1000...thats a little over peak human...like mainstream said he can prolly bench 500-600 lbs....cuz ive played football and worked out and i know how much people can bench....and it is highly unlikely for ur biggest, heftiest, fattest strongest lineman in highschool football to lift over 500...and batman's not fat at ne means at all....and the strongest people in the NFL can lift around 700, and theyre all fatass linemen.....

and anyways also, like jinzin says, he can prolly get into a ninja trance state of mind n do some crazy shyt like kick down trees or punch through walls.....ionno just my opinion after seein what yall've said and what ive seen in movies

Old Post Oct 12th, 2005 02:08 AM
jplatinum
Restricted

Account Restricted

You can't punch or kick down a tree, even in a ninja trance, the body, unless superhuman durability and density would crumble like bread crumbs.

Even though batman is a comic book peakhuman, he still can't kick down a tree of that size, especially not in one kick.

His leg would've shattered to pieces on the inside and the tree wouldn't have did more than shake one time.

That is bullshit,dude.

You can only do so much, even if you master mind over matter/combat ki/iron body/iron body shaolin/ or even self hypnosis.

The body can only sustain so much. Batman is no exeption, his body isn't superhuman only peakhuman, if thats the case those lazziass slack writers/creators need to change his profile bio stat ffom peakhuman to low-level superhuman, ita damn misleading and not fair to the comic book fans.

You have someone who shouldn't be able to do this and that,according to their bio and physicall makeup, then, he is somehow able to do things that are way way way way way way out of his physical league, its ridiculous.

If they make that exeption for batman, then they need to just draw alfred up lifting a building or maybe marvel should have spiderman lifting 150 billion ton mountain.

That shit sickens me.
Stick to the character bio stats if you're gonna have him do insane level shit at least give a good reason/give him an upgrade/ or something.
Don't just have him doing it cause "ummmm he's batman".

IT sickens me.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2005 01:17 PM
jplatinum is currently offline Click here to Send jplatinum a Private Message Find more posts by jplatinum Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jplatinum
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh and he can only press 650 lbs last I checked.

Now they got him lifting 1000 lbs overhead.

Rarrghhhhhhhhhh

I like batman, but this is ridiculous.

I don't like how they make him "batgod".

At least give the motha****a an upgrade to explain his insane level feats.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2005 01:20 PM