KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » DVD Talk » no more dvds plz

no more dvds plz
Started by: coolmovies

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
coolmovies

no more dvds plz

am i the only one that thinks dvd is taking over my life? I dont get time to watch them they just sit on the shelf and collect dust.

I feel like giving them all away sad

Old Post Apr 15th, 2009 12:11 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Grey Fox
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why do you even make threads?

Old Post Apr 15th, 2009 02:09 PM
The Grey Fox is currently offline Click here to Send The Grey Fox a Private Message Find more posts by The Grey Fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

Well, only buy DVDs of films that you will actually watched then. Limit yourself to "X" DVDs per month, or whatever, and get rid of ones that you will never watch again...
I think DVDs are still pretty great, especially as they're now so cheap with the arrival of Blu Ray/ HD bullshit.

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post Apr 15th, 2009 02:10 PM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dave_97
Party Dave

i'll take all your dvds.

Lazers_go_pew_pew_pew

Old Post Apr 15th, 2009 02:20 PM
Dave_97 is currently offline Click here to Send Dave_97 a Private Message Find more posts by Dave_97 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nope, DVDs and blu ray are just taking over your life.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2009 03:49 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kovacs86
Well, only buy DVDs of films that you will actually watched then. Limit yourself to "X" DVDs per month, or whatever, and get rid of ones that you will never watch again...
I think DVDs are still pretty great, especially as they're now so cheap with the arrival of Blu Ray/ HD bullshit.

HD IS NOT Bullshit !!!!!!!

Old Post Apr 17th, 2009 01:54 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

I didn't really mean it in that way. It was perhaps a poor choice of words. I don't object to, nor doubt the superior quality of, Blu Ray/ HD, I just don't want to pay 5 or even 10 times the price of a DVD for better picture quality when DVD seems fine to me...

Old Post Apr 17th, 2009 03:11 PM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

DVD is perfectly fine. Moodyyyyyyyy.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2009 04:08 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by coolmovies
am i the only one that thinks dvd is taking over my life? I dont get time to watch them they just sit on the shelf and collect dust.

I watch different movies on dvd daily, I love it.. as for HD and blu-ray, you do not necessarily have to buy a blu-ray disc, just buy an HD cable for less than $20 and then you will have HD quality on you tv screen..

HD cables also work very very very well when hooked up to HDTV's

If you really are serious about giving away your DVDS let me know via PM and I will give you my home address so you can send them all to me.. big grin

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 17th, 2009 07:05 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

DVD isn't going anywhere.

If you feel that you are wasting your money by buying dvds, then quit buying them. Simple.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Apr 19th, 2009 12:20 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
loadmaster123

no more dvds plz

Oh, I like DVDs.
Why not sell yours to me.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2009 02:25 AM
loadmaster123 is currently offline Click here to Send loadmaster123 a Private Message Find more posts by loadmaster123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

Originally posted by Kovacs86
I didn't really mean it in that way. It was perhaps a poor choice of words. I don't object to, nor doubt the superior quality of, Blu Ray/ HD, I just don't want to pay 5 or even 10 times the price of a DVD for better picture quality when DVD seems fine to me...

Well blu rays are going down in price the cheapest i saw was £8 in store and online .

Its very hard to stop buying dvds

Old Post Apr 20th, 2009 10:42 AM
Kovacs86

I agree in that there are just too damn many films out there that I want to own. And it'll be a long time 'til Blu Ray is as cheap as the DVDs I buy...

Old Post Apr 20th, 2009 08:39 PM
coolmovies

next year they will be going for a fiver

Old Post Apr 21st, 2009 02:21 PM
K.Diddy
DiddyWood Style

Re: no more dvds plz

Originally posted by coolmovies

beer Wait till you have a kid and a fulltime job

Old Post Sep 13th, 2009 04:01 AM
K.Diddy is currently offline Click here to Send K.Diddy a Private Message Find more posts by K.Diddy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote