KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » Your favourite Horror 'Short Stories'

Your favourite Horror 'Short Stories'
Started by: Deano

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Deano

Your favourite Horror 'Short Stories'

Lets av em then smile

One of mine would be 'Survivers type' By 'Stephen King' - Its about a surgeon who gets stranded on an island and - high on heroin and low on food, forces himself to begin eating himself... eek!

This story disturbed me quite a bit to be fair

'Clive Barker's ' The Madonna' is quite strange too. A bunch of sexy(Angels?..Demons?) lurk deep within a smimming leisure centre and they can change you into the opposite sex overnight! ohhhhhhhh

There are many more i like but lets see what you can come up with smile

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 12:24 PM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omgu8mynewt

Stephen King rules at short horror - more of a psychological thriller than horror but my fav is Apt Pupil, about a seemingly perfect boy who tries to blackmail a on the run Nazi but then the story gets really twisted. Dark stuff.

I also used to read the goosebumps stories that scared me embarrasment

Old Post Jun 18th, 2009 11:55 AM
Omgu8mynewt is currently offline Click here to Send Omgu8mynewt a Private Message Find more posts by Omgu8mynewt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Definitely a fan of Stephen King's short horror stories. I picked up one of his collections, 'Everything's Eventual,' and '1408' will always be one of my favorites. It's all down to the psychological aspects of his writing that gives you the willies.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2009 10:42 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kero_Co
One Track Lover

While the man has his faults, Hypnos by H.P. Lovecraft stands out in my mind. Probably my favorite story by him.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2009 04:14 AM
Kero_Co is currently offline Click here to Send Kero_Co a Private Message Find more posts by Kero_Co Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Captain REX
Definitely a fan of Stephen King's short horror stories. I picked up one of his collections, 'Everything's Eventual,' and '1408' will always be one of my favorites. It's all down to the psychological aspects of his writing that gives you the willies.

Those stories are awesome. Those two are imho the best in that collection, but what really freaked me out was "The Road Virus Heads North".

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2009 04:19 PM
Jaeh is currently offline Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Anything by Richard Matheson is gold. My faves are Nightmare at 20,000 Feet and Prey.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Aug 19th, 2009 12:59 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
teamB_macro

definitely something that stephen king wrote. the skeleton crew anthology was noteworthy for me with shorts like the mist, the monkey, the jaunt, word processor of the gods, among others. and there's langoliers which was also made a film.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2009 01:06 AM
teamB_macro is currently offline Click here to Send teamB_macro a Private Message Find more posts by teamB_macro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
teamB_macro

apart from stephen king, i also find m.r. james' stories haunting in the British medieval kind of sense.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2009 01:08 AM
teamB_macro is currently offline Click here to Send teamB_macro a Private Message Find more posts by teamB_macro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote