KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » My Walter is missing.

My Walter is missing.
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Impediment
Endless

My Walter is missing.

Friday, July, 4, Raeann, Maddie, and our pit bull, Walter, went to a fireworks show to our local park here in our town. I opted to sit at home since my work day had been utterly tiring and brutal.

When the fireworks began, Walter became very frightened and ran away. He was on a collared leash, but he managed to slip out of his collar which had his name and our numbers on the tag.

I have never been so worried over an animal as I am now. I love my dog very much. The one thought that keeps me up at night is the fact that Walter has, literally, every night of his 1 year alive, slept at the foot of our bed. Now, I wonder, if he is even still alive, if he is starving and cold and scared as he is all alone.

We've put up flyers and bulletins. All we can do is hope for the best.

Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Here is my boy:

(please log in to view the image)

(please log in to view the image)

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jul 7th, 2008 11:51 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Aww man, thats terrible. Im hoping everything turns out alright. I think the only time something like this happened to me I was really little, I dont really remember.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2008 11:56 PM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well, maybe offering a slight reward will increase the chances of someone calling.

Keep your head up, Mattie, I am sure he will be home before you know it.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2008 11:57 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I've upped the reward to $500.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2008 11:59 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
I've upped the reward to $500.

That should do it, no one would pass that up if they see the dog.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2008 12:00 AM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Someone will call. yes

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FallenxAngel
No More Grey Skies.

I'm sorry about that. My dog escaped the yard once, about two weeks later some guy phoned us and said that he had found him.

FallenxAngel is currently offline Click here to Send FallenxAngel a Private Message Find more posts by FallenxAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AbnormalButSane
Screw up

I'm terribly sorry about that. I hope it all goes all right.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2008 12:01 AM
AbnormalButSane is currently offline Click here to Send AbnormalButSane a Private Message Find more posts by AbnormalButSane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Hope you guys find him. yes

Old Post Jul 8th, 2008 12:03 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Have you checked the pound yet? That's the first place I'd look. Animals go missing all the time on the 4th of July. My news station just did a story on it warning people to keep their pets inside. Yeah, go check the animal shelter, dude.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2008 12:03 AM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

We've called the local animal shelter and the City Dept to see if they have picked up any animal carcasses that resemble Walter.

Raeann told me that her co-worker spotted a brindle/white blue-nose pit bull in the local Wal-Mart area. We've been looking there for some time.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2008 12:06 AM
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

I hope you find him, yo.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2008 12:08 AM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Grey Fox
Restricted

Account Restricted

Really sad to hear that he's missing, I really hope he turns up soon. Dogs have a good sense of direction home, so maybe he'll turn up on his own accord if nobody calls soon. Really hope you find him.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2008 12:09 AM
The Grey Fox is currently offline Click here to Send The Grey Fox a Private Message Find more posts by The Grey Fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Impediment
We've called the local animal shelter and the City Dept to see if they have picked up any animal carcasses that resemble Walter.

Raeann told me that her co-worker spotted a brindle/white blue-nose pit bull in the local Wal-Mart area. We've been looking there for some time.
Dont jump the gun and assume he is dead, dogs have a way of surviving.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2008 12:09 AM
Impediment
Endless

True, but I still worry about how scared he must be.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2008 12:13 AM
Mr. Rhythmic

I'm so sorry. I hope you find him.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2008 12:14 AM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Dont jump the gun and assume he is dead, dogs have a way of surviving.

Yup. Dogs can be extremely resourceful.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2008 12:16 AM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ax3l
Dream Finder

I am reminded of a little movie called Homeward Bound.

One little spark...

Old Post Jul 8th, 2008 12:18 AM
Ax3l is currently offline Click here to Send Ax3l a Private Message Find more posts by Ax3l Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

http://www.petrescue.com/library/find-pet.htm

Half way down this site is where it talks about visiting animal shelters in person.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2008 12:23 AM
Scythe
The Goat

I wish you the best Matt.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2008 12:28 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote