KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Which two main characters will be killed?

Which two main characters will be killed?
Started by: lionlover2053

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
lionlover2053

Which two main characters will be killed?

Alright, we all know that JK has said two main characters will die. Now it's your turn to make a bold statement as to who they'll be...and maybe even how they die if you feel like it.

Bragging rights are key here, so whoever is right has the right to boast until we get sick of it!

Old Post Jul 5th, 2007 09:49 PM
lionlover2053 is currently offline Click here to Send lionlover2053 a Private Message Find more posts by lionlover2053 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lionlover2053

My two characters: Hagrid and Alastor Moody.

Hagrid- I think he'll be killed by the big blonde Death Eater...but not before he takes out Snape!

Alastor Moody- will be killed quite easily by Voldemort himself near the end.

Serious INJURIES, but not fatalities (on the good-guy side):
Headmistress McGonagall- She will probably do a lot of damage but I think Snape will get the best of her...although he wont be able to kill her before he's stopped by Hagrid.

Ginny Weasley- I think she's too much of a bad*ss not to be involved in some of the action. She'll find a way to be somewhere where she otherwise wouldn't and she'll get the best of Draco Malfoy. Unfortunately, Narcissa or Bellatrix will make her pay dearly.

Neville Longbottom- Neville will probably get hurt pretty bad...but I think he'll be the one to put an end to Bellatrix ultimately.

Hermione Granger- Hermione will come the closest to death, as she will be assaulted by Voldemort himself. He will fail to kill her before his attention is grabbed by Harry Potter though.

DEUS EX MACHINA:
Victor Krum will arrive with a small platoon of fellow classmates from that cold place up North in order to do some serious damage to some Death Eaters.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2007 10:05 PM
lionlover2053 is currently offline Click here to Send lionlover2053 a Private Message Find more posts by lionlover2053 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PrincessNk
.Confused.

Um..There's already a thread in this(I think)

Old Post Jul 5th, 2007 10:24 PM
PrincessNk is currently offline Click here to Send PrincessNk a Private Message Find more posts by PrincessNk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lionlover2053

Not specifically there isn't...this thread highlights the bold predictions of the forum members, if they wish to make any.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2007 01:39 AM
goddess_susu
half elf half witch

Re: Which two main characters will be killed?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by lionlover2053
Alright, we all know that JK has said two main characters will die. Now it's your turn to make a bold statement as to who they'll be...and maybe even how they die if you feel like it.

Bragging rights are key here, so whoever is right has the right to boast until we get sick of it!

did she really say there'll be only two deaths?
cuz on the interview I read she said one character who was originally slated for death got a reprieve, while two others who weren't going to die now will. That doesn't mean she didn't have more deaths planned originally though. Honestly, being a war and all, I think there'll be more

Is there a dragon nearby? because I'm on FIRE!

Old Post Jul 6th, 2007 02:43 AM
goddess_susu is currently offline Click here to Send goddess_susu a Private Message Find more posts by goddess_susu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lionlover2053

Re: Re: Which two main characters will be killed?

Originally posted by goddess_susu
did she really say there'll be only two deaths?
cuz on the interview I read she said one character who was originally slated for death got a reprieve, while two others who weren't going to die now will. That doesn't mean she didn't have more deaths planned originally though. Honestly, being a war and all, I think there'll be more

I agree with you that more than two will die. But that's why I was mentioning the bigger characters. I think plenty will die or worse actually, including Kingsley Shaklebolt, Hagrid's brother, and possibly Pansy Parkinson...however, I don't see these people as main or even secondary characters so I just left them out.

Good point though. I'm wondering who of the good guys is really going to kill a bad guy considering not many of them would use the killing curse other than maybe Lupin or Moody.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2007 03:33 AM
goddess_susu
half elf half witch

I think wormtail and Lupin will die...the last of the Marauders =(
and also Snape, Malfoy, one of the wesleys, and obviously Voldemort

Old Post Jul 6th, 2007 04:48 AM
goddess_susu is currently offline Click here to Send goddess_susu a Private Message Find more posts by goddess_susu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

I think it's the twins.

Thank you Neha for the sig!
This years Musical: Little Shop of Horrors (sig for it hopefully coming soon)

Old Post Jul 6th, 2007 05:01 AM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

I think Ron will die.

I'm thinking it's going to circle back round to the "I'll be a knight," sacrificing himself to the queen on the giant chess board in PS. That's sort of a part of a quite large theory I have about the seven tasks of getting to the Philosopher's Stone representing the seven books, and the seven Horcruxes... something very complicated which I will not go into here.

However, I think that Ron will (once again) sacrifice himself so that Harry can go on to battle Voldemort, but this time in a more permanent way. I think it would make sense, JK has certainly been moving in a circular motion, or at least I can sense a tendency for her to be wanting to toward the end of HBP. Which is why I think Harry is going to die as well. I almost don't count him as one of the main characters that is going to die, though. He's sort of.... been predestined this whole time. So he and Voldy don't count. I think it'll be just like PS : there'll be a moment of decision, a moment where they will try to work something else out, but Ron will see that the only way for them to go on is for him to die. And then we'll see why Ron is so special (a lot of people say that Ron really doesn't have a "talent") - we'll see that Ron has loyalty and nobility and bravery to no end. That's how I see it.

I think the other will be Hagrid. I think he's going to go down fighting. Not sacrifice, not willingly, Hagrid's going to go down swinging, just the way he'd want to. He's not really going to get a long, lasting death, a chance to say last words or anything. I think his last words (if he gets anything significant will be before a battle. Like, "Good luck Harry," or something like that, like knowing he's going in for the last of it. And then... he just goes in, taking out about ten Death Eaters. I can imagine them flying through the air now, or Hagrid clunking their heads together. Score : 10-1 to Hagrid. Cost, his life. That would be the ultimate ending for Hagrid, I think. That's how he'd want to go.

I can just picture it now. *sad, sweet smile*

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Last edited by siriuswriter on Jul 6th, 2007 at 05:40 AM

Old Post Jul 6th, 2007 05:38 AM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Originally posted by siriuswriter
I think Ron will die.

I'm thinking it's going to circle back round to the "I'll be a knight," sacrificing himself to the queen on the giant chess board in PS. That's sort of a part of a quite large theory I have about the seven tasks of getting to the Philosopher's Stone representing the seven books, and the seven Horcruxes... something very complicated which I will not go into here.

However, I think that Ron will (once again) sacrifice himself so that Harry can go on to battle Voldemort, but this time in a more permanent way. I think it would make sense, JK has certainly been moving in a circular motion, or at least I can sense a tendency for her to be wanting to toward the end of HBP. Which is why I think Harry is going to die as well. I almost don't count him as one of the main characters that is going to die, though. He's sort of.... been predestined this whole time. So he and Voldy don't count. I think it'll be just like PS : there'll be a moment of decision, a moment where they will try to work something else out, but Ron will see that the only way for them to go on is for him to die. And then we'll see why Ron is so special (a lot of people say that Ron really doesn't have a "talent") - we'll see that Ron has loyalty and nobility and bravery to no end. That's how I see it.

I think the other will be Hagrid. I think he's going to go down fighting. Not sacrifice, not willingly, Hagrid's going to go down swinging, just the way he'd want to. He's not really going to get a long, lasting death, a chance to say last words or anything. I think his last words (if he gets anything significant will be before a battle. Like, "Good luck Harry," or something like that, like knowing he's going in for the last of it. And then... he just goes in, taking out about ten Death Eaters. I can imagine them flying through the air now, or Hagrid clunking their heads together. Score : 10-1 to Hagrid. Cost, his life. That would be the ultimate ending for Hagrid, I think. That's how he'd want to go.

I can just picture it now. *sad, sweet smile*
You stole part of my old theory. I thought the same thing on Ron. Though I don't see it Hagrid dying but instead Hermione. Don't get my wrong, I think Hagrid has a good chance on dying, but I think his was pretty much expected. Remember, JKR said two who were going to live originally were going to die.

I'm going to go back to my old theory that you stole part of (*evil accusing eyes* :P) and do the whole Hermione dying too. Remember the potions part of the journey to get to the PS (I seriously like it's original name better than the American one. But I digress again. I tend to do that alot), Hermione had to tell which one was which. Well, I think it is basically foreshadowing for once she will be wrong for once and that will cost her her life.

I do love matching the whole trials to the seven books and horcruxes. I'd love to hear this theory. If you don't put it up in the horcrux thread, mind PMing me and sharing?

Old Post Jul 6th, 2007 06:16 AM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
goddess_susu
half elf half witch

I think Ron will die.

Ron is the one person I know for a fact that wont die. I think he is the only one the JK. has anounced will make it through the series.

J.K.R. : Mostly they are really worried about Ron. As if I'm going to kill Harry's best friend" [Time, 2000]

Old Post Jul 6th, 2007 07:14 PM
goddess_susu
half elf half witch

not quite sure about the rest though

Old Post Jul 6th, 2007 07:15 PM
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

I think Hagrid, Snape, Voldemort, Wormtail, and Harry will die.

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2007 08:47 PM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Member.

JKR will just kill off harry along with ron so harry won't grieve for his best friend =P

Old Post Jul 6th, 2007 08:51 PM
Member. is currently offline Click here to Send Member. a Private Message Find more posts by Member. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

Originally posted by The Phantom
You stole part of my old theory. I thought the same thing on Ron. Though I don't see it Hagrid dying but instead Hermione. Don't get my wrong, I think Hagrid has a good chance on dying, but I think his was pretty much expected. Remember, JKR said two who were going to live originally were going to die.

I'm going to go back to my old theory that you stole part of (*evil accusing eyes* :P) and do the whole Hermione dying too. Remember the potions part of the journey to get to the PS (I seriously like it's original name better than the American one. But I digress again. I tend to do that alot), Hermione had to tell which one was which. Well, I think it is basically foreshadowing for once she will be wrong for once and that will cost her her life.

I do love matching the whole trials to the seven books and horcruxes. I'd love to hear this theory. If you don't put it up in the horcrux thread, mind PMing me and sharing?

Do you really think she's going to kill off the whole of the Trio? I don't think she would do that much.

To further my theory, I thought that Hermione might be pregnant with Ron's baby before he dies, and that would be part of the epilogue, you know, "bringing up the baby." That would be a sweet sort of thing.

I will surely share the seven tasks/seven books/seven Horcruxes thing. Just let me get my brain together a little bit and gather all the information. It might be up... tomorrow in the Horcrux thread? Actually, I'll probably start up a whole knew thread for it. It's quite a huge, quite a convoluted theory. smile

Old Post Jul 6th, 2007 10:30 PM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

I believe she'll kill off Malfoy and Snape, due to the set-up which seems to suggest a team-up between the characters.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2007 12:38 AM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~KoK!~
Sock Hunter

She actually said
"Two main Goo d guys would die"

insinuating that evil will still die!

Horray death!

W:5|L:2|T:0|

Nothing is true...everything is permitted.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2007 02:44 AM
~KoK!~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~KoK!~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~KoK!~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Do you really think she's going to kill off the whole of the Trio? I don't think she would do that much.

To further my theory, I thought that Hermione might be pregnant with Ron's baby before he dies, and that would be part of the epilogue, you know, "bringing up the baby." That would be a sweet sort of thing.

I will surely share the seven tasks/seven books/seven Horcruxes thing. Just let me get my brain together a little bit and gather all the information. It might be up... tomorrow in the Horcrux thread? Actually, I'll probably start up a whole knew thread for it. It's quite a huge, quite a convoluted theory. smile
o.o The are only like... what? 17? Bit too much. I think she'd kill the entire Trio.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2007 04:36 AM
siriuswriter

Hermione and Ron would both be 18. Harry's the one with a later birthday. smile

Leave me to my romantic-tragedy fantasies, would you?!

Old Post Jul 7th, 2007 08:15 AM
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Hermione and Ron would both be 18. Harry's the one with a later birthday. smile

Leave me to my romantic-tragedy fantasies, would you?!
Oh teenagers empregnanting each other?

Old Post Jul 7th, 2007 12:51 PM