KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Smallville Forum » ready for season 9??!!

ready for season 9??!!
Started by: hermione7

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
hermione7
HHR and CLOIS shipper

ready for season 9??!!

Ask Ausiello Jan 6 2009

Question: Any news as to whether Tom Welling has signed on for another season of Smallville? -- Scarlett

Ausiello: Yes, there's news, and it's good. Some would even call it, ahem, super. According to a well-placed Smallville insider, Welling is nearing a deal to return for a ninth season. I'm told they're just ironing out some minor deal points, such as should the Brinks Truck pull into the actor's driveway, or just unload on the street.

That was Clark, the boy raised in Smallville, the man trying to carve a life for himself in Metropolis. A life which the most important element was a vivacious young woman named Lois Lane.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2009 12:00 PM
hermione7 is currently offline Click here to Send hermione7 a Private Message Find more posts by hermione7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Why?

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 7th, 2009 10:33 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hermione7
HHR and CLOIS shipper

were gonna get superman!smile

That was Clark, the boy raised in Smallville, the man trying to carve a life for himself in Metropolis. A life which the most important element was a vivacious young woman named Lois Lane.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2009 11:55 AM
hermione7 is currently offline Click here to Send hermione7 a Private Message Find more posts by hermione7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starlock
Team Authority

In a way i am happy in a way i am so over this crappy show...I loath reality shows and all the stupid things on tv these days...so i like the idea of smallville.....and shows like it....but the show even from season one...has been filled with maybe 4 good episodes a year....i stopped watching every episode aroung season 4....and the episodes i watched from then on were just garbage...but id rather see season 9 of smallville..then mom swapping and biggest looser reality shows....i guess thats why i watch DVD's and read books..and hardly ever watch tv any more..but its only my opinion..and i know it could be just a matter of taste.

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Last edited by starlock on Jan 8th, 2009 at 02:27 PM

Old Post Jan 8th, 2009 02:24 PM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by hermione7
were gonna get superman!smile

So Tom has decided to don the supes tights?

Old Post Jan 9th, 2009 07:20 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hermione7
HHR and CLOIS shipper

not really sure..

Smallville Goes Another Round

According to RADAR sources, actor Tom Welling is just about set to do a 9th season of Smallville on the CW.

The 31 year-old actor plays Clark Kent on the show about the formative years of Superman.

Ratings have gone up this season thanks to the introduction of the villainous Doomsday and the departure of the boring Lana Lang. It is assumed that Erica Durance and Justin Hartley will return as popular regulars Lois Lane and Green Arrow, respectively. No word on the fate of Chloe and Jimmy Olsen. When a show has lasted this long, bumps in salaries often cause for a whittling of ensemble casts.

It still remains unlikely that Clark will don the familiar Superman costume, so as to avoid any possible conflicts and confusion with another big-screen incarnation of the Man of Steel.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2009 01:09 PM
hermione7
HHR and CLOIS shipper

'SMALLVILLE' GROWS UP
By STEPHEN LYNCH

January 11, 2009 --
Fire up the Bat Signal, turn on Jimmy Olsen's watch, summon your underwater friends - comic book geeks, it's time to visit "Smallville."

I know, I know. You've been burned before, back when the show was "Dawson's Creek" with kryptonite, when Clark Kent (Tom Welling) whined incessantly about his secret, when Lana Lang was conveniently knocked unconscious every time the young Man of Steel did something mildly interesting.

But in its eighth (yikes) season, Superman lives! Kent, having finally graduated high school at age 28, is doing all the things the Last Son of Krypton is famous for - working at the Daily Planet in Metropolis, flirting with Lois Lane (Erica Durance), leaping tall buildings in a single bound.

"Smallville" started growing up when Michael Rosenbaum, who played the young Lex Luthor, decided to leave the show. Though a standout among the cast, his character had grown stale - especially since the smartest man alive still hadn't figured out farm boy was an alien.

In last season's finale, Luthor finally connects the dots, fighting Clark as the Fortress of Solitude crumbles around them in the Arctic (this year, Lex is officially "missing").

The lack of a main villain allowed the four new executive producers - creators Al Gough and Miles Millar left the show last year - to shake things up.

Clark's become a reporter, and hangs out with guys like Green Arrow and the Martian Manhunter. Luthor's replacement is Tess Mercer (Cassidy Freeman), a little in-joke for Superman fans, as her name is a combination of Miss Teschmacher from the original Christopher Reeve "Superman" film and Mercy Graves, Luthor's bodyguard in the comics. Davis Bloome (Sam Witwer), meanwhile, is Doomsday - the only character to ever kill Superman.

Instead of worrying about whether he can play football or plowing the back 40, Clark is battling kryptonian super-villains such as General Zod and trying to save Chloe Sullivan (the excellent Allison Mack), who has been possessed by the nefarious computer program, Brainiac.

In other words, nerd Christmas!

To be fair, Gough and Millar always had a reverence for the character's legacy. They copied the design of the Fortress straight from the Richard Donner films, and casting old Superman hands such as Reeve, Margot Kidder and Terrence Stamp (Zod in "Superman II," who here plays the voice Jor-El, Clark's father).

Brian Peterson, one of the current executive producers, say the creators have been unfairly criticized on the Internet following this season's success. "They established the foundation - even in the pilot - that we're still playing off," he says.

Still, from a Superman fan's point of view, Peterson benefits from a change of setting ("Smallville" doesn't really take place there anymore) and a hero who acts, well, a little more super.

This Thursday, the show returns from hiatus with "Legion," an episode centered on the Legion of Super-Heroes, who travel back in time from the 30th century to assist Superman. Rather than be a standalone stunt, however, the group plays a big part in the ongoing threat from Doomsday and Chloiac.

Producers might even toss out the famous credo of "Smallville" - "no tights, no flights."

"It's a possibility," Peterson says, "we may bend that rule."

Still, don't expect a wholesale makeover. "Once you break that rule you're in Superman territory, and that's not what the show is about. It's about a boy deciding to become a hero."

He may become a hero fairly soon, however. Peterson isn't sure whether this is the last season of "Smallville" or not, and hints that decision may determine how far down the comic-book path the show goes.

Tom Welling, call your tailor. If eight is enough, we're thinking some red-and-blue tights might be in your future.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2009 01:15 PM
hermione7
HHR and CLOIS shipper

WCT: Well, you definitely hit it big with the WB show Smallville, playing Lex Luthor. How many seasons were you on?

MR: I did seven seasons and I just finished this past May. They are continuing on another season. My contract was up and it had run its course. I loved the cast and the crew but I felt like my work was done. They have asked me to come back a few times. People think they have seen me on the show since then but I found out they have been using body doubles to pretend that it's me. I don't know how fair that is to the fans.

WCT: So you don't think you will ever come back?

MR: No. I told the producers that I would only come back for the last episode or two if they let me wear a bald cap. I just grew my hair out.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2009 01:16 PM
hermione7
HHR and CLOIS shipper

In the clearest sign yet that The CW will live to fight another season, the network has given early renewals to a half-dozen existing series, including Superman drama “Smallville.”

The CW President Dawn Ostroff began telephoning executives at Warner Bros. Television and CBS Paramount Network Television about the decision Tuesday morning. The network could announce the news as early as this afternoon.

In addition to “Smallville,” the series renewed for next season are “Gossip Girl,” “90210,” “America’s Next Top Model” (cycles 13 and 14), “One Tree Hill” and “Supernatural.” While the solid ratings for all six shows made pickups likely, the renewals were not all foregone conclusions.

In the case of “Smallville,” producer Warner Bros. Television had been negotiating with series star Tom Welling to return. The CW’s renewal indicates the studio was successful in those conversations.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2009 03:00 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

In the clearest sign yet that The CW will live to fight another season, the network has given early renewals to a half-dozen existing series, including Superman drama “Smallville.”

The CW President Dawn Ostroff began telephoning executives at Warner Bros. Television and CBS Paramount Network Television about the decision Tuesday morning. The network could announce the news as early as this afternoon.

In addition to “Smallville,” the series renewed for next season are “Gossip Girl,” “90210,” “America’s Next Top Model” (cycles 13 and 14), “One Tree Hill” and “Supernatural.” While the solid ratings for all six shows made pickups likely, the renewals were not all foregone conclusions.

In the case of “Smallville,” producer Warner Bros. Television had been negotiating with series star Tom Welling to return. The CW’s renewal indicates the studio was successful in those conversations.

why? but hopefully in the final episode he will be wearing blue and red

Old Post Feb 27th, 2009 12:59 AM
Magee

I would rather see a spin off where Clark actually becomes Superman and does his thing in Metropolis. Maybe not even a spin off, just end Smallville and make a new Superman tv series. At least give us a feature length episode (straight to dvd?) where he puts on the costume, would of loved to seen it involve Doomsday.

This show should have ended years ago but they dragged it out with seasons where nothing interesting happened.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2009 03:01 AM
Magee is currently offline Click here to Send Magee a Private Message Find more posts by Magee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hermione7
HHR and CLOIS shipper

^yup I think they should just change it to Metropolis

Me, thankful there's no more dramalana in s9 Happy Dance

Old Post Feb 28th, 2009 03:18 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

^yup I think they should just change it to Metropolis

Me, thankful there's no more dramalana in s9 Happy Dance

i agree with you about Lana

Old Post Feb 28th, 2009 09:54 PM
hermione7
HHR and CLOIS shipper

^yayHappy Dance

On the back of yesterday's announcement that The CW has renewed "Smallville" for a 9th season, the Superman Homepage did some digging to find out just who will be returning in Season 9.

A source well positioned to know about these things told the Superman Homepage that at this point in a TV series Warner Bros. requires main cast members to sign a 2 year contract. Therefore Allison Mack (Chloe Sullivan), Aaron Ashmore (Jimmy Olsen) and Erica Durance (Lois Lane) were all signed on for a possible 9th season when they negotiated their contracts at the beginning of Season 8.

So, with Tom Welling's original contract having been for 8 seasons, his new contract (signed for season 9) would most likely also be a 2 year deal, meaning there could potentially be a season 10! Happy Dance Happy Dance

Old Post Mar 1st, 2009 12:29 PM
hermione7
HHR and CLOIS shipper

Executive Producers Brian Peterson and Kelly Souders have confirmed for E! Online that Tom Welling and Erica Durance are signed on for Season 9, so that must mean that neither Clark nor Lois will be dying. Combine that with Entertainment Weekly's Ausiello's hint that implied "the person dying is not Chloe," and that should narrow the suspected dead to four other characters - Tess, Jimmy, Oliver, and Davis - unless one or both of the deaths happen to be guest stars.

Old Post May 1st, 2009 02:15 PM
Darth Vicious

Executive Producers Brian Peterson and Kelly Souders have confirmed for E! Online that Tom Welling and Erica Durance are signed on for Season 9, so that must mean that neither Clark nor Lois will be dying. Combine that with Entertainment Weekly's Ausiello's hint that implied "the person dying is not Chloe," and that should narrow the suspected dead to four other characters - Tess, Jimmy, Oliver, and Davis - unless one or both of the deaths happen to be guest stars.

From Ausiello

04/05 - The fight scene between Doomsday and Clark is going to be big. One might even call it ginormous. [... About the vet dying in the finale:] The *er**n d***g ** n** C***e. Source: The Ausiello Files [Note: Ausiello's clue is more than likely "The person dying is not Chloe." SpoilerFix.com's visitor Kyle emailed me another solution, one that I don't like but is sadly possible: "The person dying is now Chloe."]

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post May 1st, 2009 02:51 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hermione7
HHR and CLOIS shipper

hmm...thinking maybe chloe.. then changing her name lolz..

Old Post May 1st, 2009 04:37 PM
hermione7
HHR and CLOIS shipper

Me: What’s the latest with Smallville? How do you like living in Vancouver?
Mack: The latest with Smallville is that we have another season [after this season’s finale on May 14]. Tom has signed for two more, so the show will go until season 10. I will be completed with my contract next year, and I am looking for new and exciting ways to carry out my character’s exit. I love living in Vancouver, it is one of the most beautiful cities in the world. I love the people, the food, the aesthetic, and the life I have built here. It’s wonderful.

http://blogs.indiewire.com/mattdent...or_allison_mack

i do hope if there's a season10 that tom would finally accept to wear that superman suit!!

Old Post May 12th, 2009 11:20 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

i think i just died a little inside. I'm also certain that Badabing is Tom Welling in disguise.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 23rd, 2009 01:08 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Originally posted by Raoul
i think i just died a little inside. I'm also certain that Badabing is Tom Welling in disguise.
Maybe you could die the rest of the way sooner rather than later.

I'm glad Smallville will be back.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post May 23rd, 2009 02:04 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote