KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Current Spiderman

Current Spiderman
Started by: Darth_noodle

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth_noodle

Current Spiderman

Ive been hearing that current spiderman is weak....I dont follow spidey stuff much, so my question is: Does he still have natural webbing or does he have to use wrist web shooters again like he did a long time ago? And what else has changed?

kthxbai big grin

Old Post May 8th, 2009 02:06 AM
Darth_noodle is currently offline Click here to Send Darth_noodle a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_noodle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

What else? Other than he now sucks ass? Nothing. Well, it seems that he's weaker, lost all his strength speed upgrades and he's lost his organic webbing for reasons that Joe has yet to explain. And the whole "people no longer knowing who he is" is getting dumber with every issue.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post May 8th, 2009 08:18 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

I wouldn't mind him returning to classic levels... but erasing his marriage from existence and making his jokes even lamer than before, that's horrible.

Old Post May 8th, 2009 11:35 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
I wouldn't mind him returning to classic levels... but erasing his marriage from existence and making his jokes even lamer than before, that's horrible.

classic spiderman had some insane stuf under duress, all this one does it get beat up start to finish

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post May 9th, 2009 11:26 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Spiderman always got beat up.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post May 10th, 2009 12:26 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Originally posted by Mindset
Spiderman always got beat up.

yea but look at how sad his current beatsing are. atleast he used to put up a fight

Old Post May 10th, 2009 12:27 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

The only fights he has lost, that I remember, are against Hammer Head and that Goblin lady.

In the first it could be he underestimated Hammer Head, which he seemed to do at first, and got caught off guard with his new upgrade, and in the second he was shot in the arm and overall beat up already.

Btw, Spiderman still seems pretty strong to me:

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l...r-Man593017.jpg

Old Post May 10th, 2009 01:08 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

and why the hell is he so small, are they trying to make him look younger?

Old Post May 10th, 2009 01:15 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Yeah. Looks like current version is essentially poor man's Ultimate Spider-Man sad

Old Post May 10th, 2009 08:01 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arahan
Silver Guy

They should call him Young Spiderman - For mainstream audience
and more money he fights xD

Old Post May 10th, 2009 12:42 PM
Arahan is currently offline Click here to Send Arahan a Private Message Find more posts by Arahan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

That's probably the one thing that bothers me most; it's like they're trying to turn him into Ultimate Spider-Man-Lite.

Old Post May 10th, 2009 03:43 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

He only looks small when he has the suit on.

Old Post May 10th, 2009 07:08 PM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

He only looks small when he has the suit on.

yea which i dont get. he use to look the same size. now it seems like they are making him look more like ultimate spiderman

Old Post May 10th, 2009 08:53 PM
ankur29
ankur

The only fights he has lost, that I remember, are against Hammer Head and that Goblin lady.

In the first it could be he underestimated Hammer Head, which he seemed to do at first, and got caught off guard with his new upgrade, and in the second he was shot in the arm and overall beat up already.

Btw, Spiderman still seems pretty strong to me:

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l...r-Man593017.jpg

he used to be twice as strong sad

Old Post May 12th, 2009 05:22 PM
ankur29 is currently offline Click here to Send ankur29 a Private Message Find more posts by ankur29 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Maybe in handbooks, as far as feats go, not really.

Old Post May 13th, 2009 09:13 PM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

yea hoestly he's always been around 10-15 tons

but yea i just dont like the current arc. I'll come to accept the stupid changes

Old Post May 13th, 2009 09:20 PM
BUSTER1

Didn't Spiderman recently get tagged by police shooting at him. In older stories, like from the early 90's -long before he got upgrades-Spiderman was easily dodging multiple automatic gunfire. From what I've seen current BND Spidey is less powerful than old classic Spidey.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2009 10:32 AM
BUSTER1 is currently offline Click here to Send BUSTER1 a Private Message Find more posts by BUSTER1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ankur29
ankur

Maybe in handbooks, as far as feats go, not really.

but at least he was rightly able to say that he's stronger ,faster nd heals quicker etc

and wasnt there the instance where he threw an SUV into a building with one hand ... awesomeness eek!

class 20 is twice as cool as class 10 stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 10th, 2009 08:39 PM
ankur29 is currently offline Click here to Send ankur29 a Private Message Find more posts by ankur29 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by BUSTER1
Didn't Spiderman recently get tagged by police shooting at him. In older stories, like from the early 90's -long before he got upgrades-Spiderman was easily dodging multiple automatic gunfire. From what I've seen current BND Spidey is less powerful than old classic Spidey.
Pretty sure he was fighting someone when he got shot.

I haven't seen anything to suggest he is less powerful at all.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2009 08:43 PM
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

the mans lifted buildings and lifted things even modern She-Hulk could barely lift. erm

Old Post Jun 10th, 2009 08:48 PM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote