KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Next big Trilogy or saga?

Next big Trilogy or saga?
Started by: OB1-adobe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
OB1-adobe

Next big Trilogy or saga?

What do you guys think will be the next big sci fi trilogy or saga, or any ideas of what you would like to see.

I compiled a list of film franshises that contain obviuoly multiple films, all with sci fi/fantasy elements. I generally stayed away from DC and Marvel comic movies on the list for 2 reasons:

A) Kind of a category in it self,
B) Subject to multiple remake ex.Batman

Other comic book movie franchises, like TMNT I added, cause I really don't see a new live action turtle movie getting remade anytime soon

What we have now:

Terminator ( 4 movies)
Back to the future (3 movies)
Ghostbusters (2, possibly a 3rd we'll see)
Star wars (6 movies)
Jurassic park (3 Movies)
Indiana jones (4 movies)
Lord of the rings (3, hopefully soon to be more)
Alien & Predator (8 movies)
2001 & 2010 (2, hopefully someday a 3rd one)
Harry potter (going to be 8 or 9?)
The Matrix (3 movies)
Star trek (11 movies)
Pirates of the caribbean (3 movies)
Teenage mutant ninja turtles (3 movies)

I'd say a safe bet the next rilogy would be transformers (assuming if ht e 2nd is succesfull and a 3rd would be made.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2008 03:06 AM
OB1-adobe is currently offline Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Forgot another franchise for the "What we have now".....The mummy, Theres 3 of them now and who knows maybe a fourth one going by what happpens at the end of the 3rd one.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2008 06:13 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

Oh yeah, and I forgot robocop

Terminator ( 4 movies)
Back to the future (3 movies)
Ghostbusters (2, possibly a 3rd we'll see)
Star wars (6 movies)
Jurassic park (3 Movies)
Indiana jones (4 movies)
Lord of the rings (3, hopefully soon to be more)
Alien & Predator (8 movies)
2001 & 2010 (2, hopefully someday a 3rd one)
Harry potter (going to be 8 or 9?)
The Matrix (3 movies)
Star trek (11 movies)
Pirates of the caribbean (3 movies)
Teenage mutant ninja turtles (3 movies)
The Mummy (technically 4)
Robocop (could be 4)

I'm sure if I want to count starship troopers in this

Old Post Sep 17th, 2008 02:53 PM
OB1-adobe is currently offline Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Those Philip Pullman novels , yo(His Dark Materials.)! They'll catch on, I know they will. The Golden Compass was underrated, ahead of it's time. They just have to go through and make The Subtle Knife, then The Amber Spyglass. If you build it, they will come, yo.

And hey, I might be right: http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/03/08...ss-be-greenlit/

Old Post Sep 17th, 2008 11:13 PM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by OB1-adobe

I'm sure if I want to count starship troopers in this

Good idea, Theres only one starship troopers movie imo.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2008 03:31 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I rather enjoyed Golden Compass. I haven't read the books but I believe they missed out a lot of the anti-religion/christian stuff? if so, that's a shame and should have kept it in.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2008 06:06 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Yeah, i would like to see at least one more installment into the 'His Dark Materials' series. THe Golden Compass was a bit disconjointed and overly confident but i thought it showed promise.

The only series im currently invested in is the Potter movies but i'm also looking forward to the next Terminator movie. I know that if Salvation does well there will be two more. I really think that story still has a lot to offer.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2008 11:22 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think Salvation will do well enough to make them go onto two more, surely it can't be as bad as Terminator 3!!

Harry Potter I follow as well! lovedddddddddd Phoenix.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2008 10:43 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I did hear a rumour that they were going to give 'Dune' another shot.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 20th, 2008 10:47 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

THey should

That david lynch one was crap and very boring.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2008 11:03 AM
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

We'll actually be getting Terminator 6 according to the studio. The first three Terminator movies had a specific formula. Terminator: Salvation is going an entirely different route for a new trilogy.

And I wouldn't hold my breath for 2061 (the third of the 2001 series) to be made. That series is done and over with.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2008 06:56 AM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

Originally posted by Wolfie
We'll actually be getting Terminator 6 according to the studio. The first three Terminator movies had a specific formula. Terminator: Salvation is going an entirely different route for a new trilogy.

And I wouldn't hold my breath for 2061 (the third of the 2001 series) to be made. That series is done and over with.

thats probably what a lot of people said until 2010 came out

Old Post Oct 27th, 2008 02:46 AM
Killua

Let's pray for something original.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2008 03:20 AM
Killua is currently offline Click here to Send Killua a Private Message Find more posts by Killua Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathbycorn
Restricted

Account Restricted

I really hope they make a new Jurassic park movie in about 6 or 7 years time so I can take my daughter to go and see it when she's a bit older, around 8.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2008 03:44 AM
deathbycorn is currently offline Click here to Send deathbycorn a Private Message Find more posts by deathbycorn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

Originally posted by OB1-adobe
thats probably what a lot of people said until 2010 came out

Perhaps you have a point. 2010 came out 16 years after 2001.

It's been 24 years since 2010.
Originally posted by deathbycorn
I really hope they make a new Jurassic park movie in about 6 or 7 years time so I can take my daughter to go and see it when she's a bit older, around 8.

I was about 8 when I saw the first Jurassic Park.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2008 05:10 PM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jarek

Honestly in my opinion the best new saga could be if its done correctly, The Death of Superman. Funeral for a freind and World w/o a Superman, should be a anime straight to dvd release kinda like Animatrix just because i think only the goofballs like me that adore that story arc would want to see it. Then Reign of the Supermen would be part two. Finally part three would be the hunter prey story arc where supes and Doomsday get their rematch.

Honestly they would have to revamp their cast of charecters, and make the JLA out of more recognizable charecters for audiance reasons. With todays cgi animations it should be very very doable and if they stick to the majority of the story arc it could be anther LoTR level of popularity epic.

my two cents anyways
FLAME ON! :P

Last edited by Jarek on May 16th, 2009 at 02:46 AM

Old Post May 16th, 2009 02:41 AM
Jarek is currently offline Click here to Send Jarek a Private Message Find more posts by Jarek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Anime isn't exactly mainstream cinema for a next big trilogy/saga of films in most countries.

Old Post May 16th, 2009 05:27 PM
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

The new Star Trek will probably develop into the next big trilogy imo.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post May 16th, 2009 05:44 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo_Version 7
Smile (:

Twilight?

Old Post May 16th, 2009 06:03 PM
Neo_Version 7 is currently offline Click here to Send Neo_Version 7 a Private Message Find more posts by Neo_Version 7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oo definitely. As long as that Pattison boy is in it, the girls will flock spending all their money.

Last edited by MildPossession on May 16th, 2009 at 08:43 PM

Old Post May 16th, 2009 08:38 PM