KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » DVD Talk » Who likes Slipcases ?

Who likes Slipcases ?
Started by: coolmovies

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
coolmovies

Who likes Slipcases ?

Who likes Slipcases ? I really hate them becouse they stand out and make your dvd collection look ugly.

what about you guys ?

Old Post Jun 13th, 2009 05:16 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

They don't make your dvd collection look ugly at all. I adore slipcases or any kind of different packaging, fold out cases, steelbook cases and so on. One reason I'm not a fan of blu ray, a lot of the releases don't come out with different packaging.

I get disappointed sometimes when a release I want to buy doesn't come out in anything special.

The last one I got was My Bloody Valentine 3D, comes in a limited edition clear slipcase with a bloody heart dripping all over the slipcase, looks really good.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2009 05:36 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Same here i like them does'nt look ugly when you have them in the dvd collection.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2009 01:46 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

slipcases rock

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 14th, 2009 04:02 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

slipcases? like... a paper slip-on that's the cover of the movie but just on top of the movie?

i love them. i have the royal tenembaum's sepcial edition, and the chronicles of narnia's deluxe case, and both are beautiful. i especially like narnia's because it's the wardrobe, and you open the first flap and there's a window to the dvd cover that's the snowy woods of narnia. very clever. smile so anyway, i love them. sometimes when all my movies are lined up a shelf they stick out a bit, but that doesn't bother me.

my only pet-peeve is when i get a dvd with a slipcase and don't know it's there. thus trying to open the movie through the slip case.

that really doesn't work, you know.

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2009 03:18 PM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Chronicles of Narnia one is beautiful and happy to have it in my collection, shame they didn't do it for Prince Caspian, the one I bought did come with a shiny embossed slipcase.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2009 05:06 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

it takes longer to take the dvd out

Old Post Jun 14th, 2009 05:22 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. A whole few seconds.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2009 05:47 PM
siriuswriter

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MildPossession
The Chronicles of Narnia one is beautiful and happy to have it in my collection, shame they didn't do it for Prince Caspian, the one I bought did come with a shiny embossed slipcase.

they didn't?!!!

quelle surprise, actually.

because once you've created something like a wardrobe that opens into another world, you can't reach any further creativity level.

i mean, there's no wardrobe or anything in prince caspian.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

oh yes, the glossy ones. the one that i most forget about is "the prestige's". because everything's black, and i just ... brain cunfuzzle.

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2009 10:51 PM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

There was the 'ice mirror' when the White Witch appeared, could of designed something around that, oooooo.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2009 11:12 PM
Impediment
Endless

I actually like slipcases. It adds to the decor of the dvd.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2009 10:14 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Love the slipcases, usually won't purchase a "new" film w/o one. Steelbooks are the best though.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2009 05:54 AM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Steelbooks are wonderful. I managed to get a steelbook edition for the Leon: Director's Cut, yay.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2009 05:01 PM
Darth Martin

Is Watchmen going to get a steelbook?

Old Post Jun 27th, 2009 05:36 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I believe one of the Blu Ray releases in America is getting a steelbook, not on DVD though. Here in Britain, on both editions we are getting limited edition packaging in the shape of the masks. But here in Britain we are not getting the director's cut of 180ish minutes, unlike in America.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2009 06:13 PM
Devil Gene
Restricted

Account Restricted

Personally hate them myself, if you're talking about that extra-cover that slides off the real one. The only good thing about it imo is it's cool texture. Other than that, I see it as garbage and it flattens out when the dvd isn't in it, gets weared over time and keeping the case in it would prevent it from getting flattened. However don't feel like slipping it in every time I use it.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2009 04:20 PM
Devil Gene is currently offline Click here to Send Devil Gene a Private Message Find more posts by Devil Gene Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

It only flattens out when the dvd isn't in it if you put something on it...

All my slip cases are still in the same condition as when I bought them. And slipping the case over the dvd box takes SO MUCH of your time up...

Old Post Jul 17th, 2009 05:33 PM
Devil Gene
Restricted

Account Restricted

lol...I know it doesn't take time to do, but I just don't find it worth it. You also have to slide it off each time to open the case...etc.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 03:01 PM
Devil Gene is currently offline Click here to Send Devil Gene a Private Message Find more posts by Devil Gene Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes, and you watch that dvd soooooooo many times. stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 05:12 PM
Devil Gene
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah........I need to stop watching the same thing everyday. Laurel & Hardy is just that good.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 05:32 PM