KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Chris Jericho: most underused wrestler of 2000's

Chris Jericho: most underused wrestler of 2000's
Started by: Sado22

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

Chris Jericho: most underused wrestler of 2000's

okay, so i'm a big fan of jericho and i've followed him for a while now. honestly speaking, i think as of now, Jericho's probably the best wrestler around (baring the vets like HBK and Taker). honestly, he performs great, his matches are great, he can work with anyone, his mic skills are good, he carries himself like a superstar and he's awesome at being both heel and face (altho i prefer him as heel). not only that but he can work any kind of match with any kind of opponent.

and he's held the belt how many times in all these years? since 2001 i dont recall Jericho holding the belt except his blink-and-miss-more-cena-wank one month title reign.

does anyone have any reason why he's being so underused and shat upon lately (okay, fine, so he's won more IC belts than anyone but Jericho isn't middle or even uppermiddle card level athelete....he's topcard any day).

Old Post Jul 19th, 2009 12:11 PM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

Not sure why this is not on the WWE thread. Anyways..

I think because the Cenas and the Triple Hs steal the spotlight too much. One thing Jericho hols over all of them is that he has been the only wrestler to hold the undisputed WWE title.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2009 02:12 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
the only wrestler to hold the undisputed WWE title

nope. Triple H was the second one. in fact he won it off him in WM18. sad

Old Post Jul 19th, 2009 03:34 PM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Best wrestler around?

Since when did he become better than Bryan Danielson, the actual best wrestler in the world?

At his peak he wasn't even the best in the WWE.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Jul 19th, 2009 04:18 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

talking strictly WWE, mate. i'm talking about Y2J at the moment and WWE specifically.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2009 07:05 PM
steverules_2

I thought Jericho was great in 2000 and 2001...after that he didn't do much

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jul 19th, 2009 07:07 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

how can you underrate a wrestler? You mean the writers didnt give him enough to do? You do know its fake right?

Old Post Jul 19th, 2009 08:32 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sado22
nope. Triple H was the second one. in fact he won it off him in WM18. sad

True but he didnt became the undisputed champion. Once Triple H won it was split into 2 championships. Triple H became the WWE champion.

Originally posted by forumcrew
how can you underrate a wrestler? You mean the writers didnt give him enough to do? You do know its fake right?

Yeah, we know its fake. Its like actors. Give Sean Penn and David Arquette the same scene and Sean Penn will give u the most powerful performance. Im not saying Jericho is close to being Penn but he does awesome work with the material hes given. He improvises a lot also.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2009 09:17 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

Originally posted by Darth Vicious

Yeah, we know its fake. Its like actors. Give Sean Penn and David Arquette the same scene and Sean Penn will give u the most powerful performance. Im not saying Jericho is close to being Penn but he does awesome work with the material hes given. He improvises a lot also.

When you started with the acting analogy I was ready to laugh at you, but I will give you some credit I do see your point on that, these guys are definitely great athletes and some do put on a better show than others.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2009 10:05 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I was a big fan of jericho before he left the wwf to go do his band stuff or whatever. He wasn't the best in the ring, but i always preferred him to the likes of Triple H or Cena. He had some great matches against the likes of the Rock, Angle and Benoit...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 11:07 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

Re: Chris Jericho: most underused wrestler of 2000's

Originally posted by Sado22
okay, so i'm a big fan of jericho and i've followed him for a while now. honestly speaking, i think as of now, Jericho's probably the best wrestler around (baring the vets like HBK and Taker). honestly, he performs great, his matches are great, he can work with anyone, his mic skills are good, he carries himself like a superstar and he's awesome at being both heel and face (altho i prefer him as heel). not only that but he can work any kind of match with any kind of opponent.

and he's held the belt how many times in all these years? since 2001 i dont recall Jericho holding the belt except his blink-and-miss-more-cena-wank one month title reign.

does anyone have any reason why he's being so underused and shat upon lately (okay, fine, so he's won more IC belts than anyone but Jericho isn't middle or even uppermiddle card level athelete....he's topcard any day).
Y2J @his best is better than HBK and Undertaker. WWE is currenty about nothing more than trying to make John Cena & Cripple H look good. I doubt Y2J or Christian (also very underrated) will get what they deserve anytime soon

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 02:48 AM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

They don't get what they "deserve" because they don't help themselves either.

Christian isn't as good as he was, neither is Jericho. That's why they don't get shots. When they WERE, they didn't, because Vince is allergic to picking the right stars at the right time. He hit the target with Hogan, Austin and The Rock, but then he never did it again.

Even with Hogan, so many better stars got jiffed because of him. The fact that Jake Roberts and Ted DiBiase were not WWF champion ONCE is a travesty.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 03:56 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

Even now they still aren't getting the shots while inferior performers do get the shots. How can they "help themselves"?

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 12:40 PM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

I'm a Jerichoholic from back in the WWF days. Screw WWE.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 12:57 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Originally posted by I-Drop
Even now they still aren't getting the shots while inferior performers do get the shots. How can they "help themselves"?

Not everyone can **** the boss's daughter.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 01:01 PM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

well, when you consider what are the requirements, Jericho delivers on all points: performer, good matches, good mic work and is comfortable as both heel or face. compare to Cena or HHH or Randy Orton, I'd rate Y2J over them easily.

quote:

ditto.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 04:51 PM
P-Geyser
Saraya-Jade Maniac

Damn Sado did you create this thread to get in that good ol Triple-H and Cena bashing? evil face

Old Post Jul 24th, 2009 04:32 AM
P-Geyser is currently offline Click here to Send P-Geyser a Private Message Find more posts by P-Geyser Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Jericho was a good heel back in the WWF days. Especially when he came over from WCW.

The problem with WWE now is that it's all dumbed down for children. TV-PG? Give me a break! The Rock and Stone Cold used to carry on on Raw. They had storylines and people who could use the mic.

Cena, it seems, is always a face. He's not that great. Triple H should mostly be a heel. Orton flip-flops. I can't watch nowadays. The greats like Rock, Austin, Jericho, Lesnar, Goldberg, Benoit, and Angle are all gone. It's truly sad.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2009 04:26 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

When Jeriocho debuted on RAW and interrupted The Rock it was EPIC.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2009 04:57 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by P-Geyser
Damn Sado did you create this thread to get in that good ol Triple-H and Cena bashing? evil face

why not? they suck.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 29th, 2009 01:25 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote