KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Sly Cooper takes on a Gauntlet

Sly Cooper takes on a Gauntlet
Started by: MooCowofJustice

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

Sly Cooper takes on a Gauntlet

This is going to be a Sly style gauntlet. In each fight, Sly does not have to fight his opponent if he can steal the item he is there for and escape without being noticed. Each item is guarded by Sly's opponent and whatever else I describe.

Just say if you think Sly can steal the item and get away or not. If he can't, can he beat his opponent?

The scenarios take place at night in every area.

Sly has had a week to gather data on the surrounding area and learn the location of the item.

1. Altair at the headquarters of the the Assasins. Sly has to steal the Piece of Eden. The Assasin's fort is inhabited by all the guards that live there normally.

2. Old Snake at some military base. Sly has to steal the blue prints to a Metal Gear. I've never played an MGS game, don't laugh. :P

3. The Best Snake at a different military base. Let's use Shadow Moses Island since I know of it through Brawl. Sly has to steal more blue prints to another Metal Gear.

4. Sam Fisher at...another military base...? I've not played Splinter Cell games either. I really don't know what to say here. If Sam has any special headquarters, use those. Sly has to steal a microchip that will help Bentley invent various items and gadgets.

All hail Scythe, King of the Sigs.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2009 01:27 AM
MooCowofJustice is currently offline Click here to Send MooCowofJustice a Private Message Find more posts by MooCowofJustice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Tough call, I heard Altair has some sort of special vision that might make this hard on Sly.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2009 02:27 AM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

I was kind of expecting Sam to have some Thermal Visor as well. That'd nullify Sly's invisibility.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2009 02:29 AM
MooCowofJustice is currently offline Click here to Send MooCowofJustice a Private Message Find more posts by MooCowofJustice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Do they know he is coming? I doubt they would be patrolling around like a world class thief was coming. So in that case he wouldn't just have the thermal goggles on unless he suspected someone was trying to steal it.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Aug 11th, 2009 02:35 AM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

They don't know who is coming. But they're ready with good security systems set up since all the items are coincidentally going to be collected the day after Sly attempts to steal them.

I'll fully equip Sly's opponents. Unless they get something thread breaking like heat seeking missiles / weaponry.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2009 02:38 AM
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
They don't know who is coming. But they're ready with good security systems set up since all the items are coincidentally going to be collected the day after Sly attempts to steal them.

I'll fully equip Sly's opponents. Unless they get something thread breaking like heat seeking missiles / weaponry.

Also does Sly get any help from his crew like the turtle? Like help from the outside, no one coming in or setting up distractions.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Aug 11th, 2009 02:39 AM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

Sly has his binoc-u-com to communicate with Bentley if need be. But he gets no back up in a fight.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2009 02:40 AM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

I wonder if Sly could take any of them in a fight.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2009 02:41 AM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

That's a debate in its own right.

Sly's got some really good combat agility, but he lacks a lot of serious strength. Strength is what they use Murray for.

Murray is badass by the way.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2009 02:43 AM
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
That's a debate in its own right.

Sly's got some really good combat agility, but he lacks a lot of serious strength. Strength is what they use Murray for.

Murray is badass by the way.

Murray vs Chris Redfield!

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
I wonder if Sly could take any of them in a fight.

Depends, do we give him the Toonforce?

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Aug 11th, 2009 02:45 AM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

I just mean, like, if he got caught sneakign around, could he handle them? Or would that insta-fail his criteria in this thread?

Old Post Aug 11th, 2009 02:45 AM
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

Well, if he gets caught. He can still move on by beating them in a fight or if he can outrun them without being tracked.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2009 02:48 AM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

I think toonforce is a cop out of a reason to disregard a feat. BT tries to use it on Link's strength feats all the time, too.. Lol. Which are obvious cases of /not/ toon force.

I personally think toonforce should be strikken from KMC, a feat's a feat, whether the game is OMGSRSBZNS or not.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2009 02:54 AM
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

Well, if we exclude Toonforce in this, Sly Cooper is a raccoon that can toss around Rhino's and rather large Elk. He can also take several hits from bullets, and run around an opponent fast enough to open a hole in the ground through which his opponent falls to their demise.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2009 02:59 AM
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
I think toonforce is a cop out of a reason to disregard a feat. BT tries to use it on Link's strength feats all the time, too.. Lol. Which are obvious cases of /not/ toon force.

I personally think toonforce should be strikken from KMC, a feat's a feat, whether the game is OMGSRSBZNS or not.

The only version of Link I would think has toonforce is WW. The other ones don't come close to resembling a toon at all.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Aug 11th, 2009 03:00 AM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Even in Windwaker the story is very serous, and there's no toonforce at all.

Edit: Let's not hijack.

I say allow Sly toonforce feats.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2009 03:10 AM
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Bump.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Aug 12th, 2009 04:53 AM
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

I think having "Sly Cooper" in the title just makes people look away.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2009 04:58 AM
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Provided you would already have over 500 posts if Kain, Sephiroth, Link or Kratos was running this same gauntlet.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Aug 12th, 2009 05:02 AM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

I doubt it, if most of them were to try and steal things people would be like "Laaaame!"

I like this thread, but I don't know enough to make a judgement call.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2009 05:04 AM