KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Runaway

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Runaway
Started by: Captain REX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (47): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Runaway

The Outer Rim

The pirate battle cruiser has settled down amongst the towers of scrap metal and toxic waste. Machinery has removed the battle-worn metal plates of the hull to access the inner workings of the vessel. The workers operate wearily to make repairs. They work because they have no choice.

A man wearing a black gas mask watches impatiently beside one of the head workers.

"I want these repairs done."

"Sir, we're working as fast as we can. It may help if you provided payment!"

"Your payment will be based upon how quickly you finish the repairs and whether or not the modifications prove trustworthy. If you think I am being unfair, I can always find another shipyard..."

"Perhaps you should."

The dark-garbed man raises a tremendous pistol from his hip and places it against the head worker's forehead. Even through the hazard suit, the pistol-bearing man can see his utter fear.

"I can't have witnesses who would be willing to reveal my whereabouts, now, can I? The repairs will be finished quickly and will work just fine or you will all die. I can guarantee this."

"Y-yes, sir!" The head worker flinches as the pistol moves, but the black-robed man simply replaces the pistol at his belt. The head worker runs off to increase the speed of work.

"Do you think it's wise to threaten them?" asks one of the pirates. "If they chose to revoke the bargain..."

"They won't," says the dark-robed man.

"If you say so." The pirate is silent for a moment. "What about the Jedi?"

"They won't, either. I am absolutely certain."

-

Welcome to “Runaway,” an episode of the new Retrospection games! As an episode of this series, “Runaway” will be a very personal plotline, exploring events involving the player’s character. Going off of Ushgarak’s ever-popular Star Wars role-playing game, these mini-episodes occur in game-play’s past. In this case, it will specifically explore an important moment in the life of Xavier Kolarn: his fall to the Dark Side.

Previously, in "Trials," Xavier Kolarn succesfully infiltrated the slavery ring being operated by Svidrigailov and the Sklaborean pirates, along with his mentor, Cabas. After winning over the slaves with promises of freedom, Xavier led a bloody slave revolt. Though successful, Xavier had become responsible for a bloodbath, slaughtering every single pirate on the vessel... and then letting Friste Tem, a murderous Dark Jedi, escape.

As before, the time period is set in 29 BBY- just three years after the Battle of Naboo and the events of The Phantom Menace. Xavier is a young Jedi Padawan on the path to Knighthood under Master Ko Cabas. But Xavier has discovered that a darkness is growing within him, a voice that encourages the young Jedi to act on his passions rather than with a clear head. This could lead him to places he previously dared not to go...

Remember, have fun!

-

Normally I would ask for predictive powers, but... Xavier has not the time.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2008 01:08 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Jedi Temple, Coruscant

It has been three days since your return from Varloucant, Xavier. Walking is still painful after that vicious wound to your thighs that Friste dealt you, but extensive bacta treatment and time spent with the Jedi healers has encouraged the pain to remain minimal.

But no amount of bacta or healing techniques will cause the regeneration of Cabas' hand. Regardless of how awkwardly the sleeve hangs loose or how uncomfortable one-handed lightsaber combat is, Cabas has chosen to persevere and not receive a cybernetic replacement. It has forced him to seek training in single-handed swordsmanship, as he must exercise this new style that he is completely unaccustomed to.

The Jedi Council has heard the details of your mission. They are pleased to hear that Svidrigailov and his pirates are no longer a threat to the fringe worlds of the Republic. They are not pleased with your method for doing so. A Jedi should not seek battle with his enemies as you so readily did. Nor are they pleased to hear of Friste Tem's fate after the first mission to bring in Svidrigailov. It is a grim matter indeed that he has escaped.

After being debriefed, you are waiting with Master Cabas outside the Council Chambers. The Jedi Council must pass judgement on the matter of Friste Tem.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2008 01:17 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Xavier sits calmly outside waiting.

"What do you think their judgment shall be, Master?"

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2008 01:21 AM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

"I cannot say," Cabas says, quietly. He is not really paying attention as he is shifting his lightsaber about in his hand, trying to find a comfortable grip on it.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2008 02:00 AM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Xavier looks down at his Master's hand as he plays around with different grips. Then he looks to where the stub is. He has always been proud and strong. For the first time though Xavier is seeming him in a weak state.

You helped cause it, this is your fault. If you had killed Friste none of this would have happened

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2008 10:13 AM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Mind you, Cabas lost his hand before your confrontation with Friste. But whether you could have prevented that loss or not is up to your conscience and imagination, really.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2008 04:39 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Yeah but I figure the darker side of Xavier isn't too happy with the way things turned out, and is looking for anything to blame on the other side.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2008 11:04 PM
REXXXX
Networking

The darker side of Xavier is probably incredibly confused about how it should feel about Cabas; currently, your Master is vulnerable, but showing strength and perseverence in having already begun re-training.

Something to keep in mind is that Cabas, because he refuses to have his arm replaced with a cybernetic limb, is at a -2 penalty for all skills that require the use of his hands, namely Lightsaber and Combat.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2008 11:42 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

True.

Xavier will wait patiently for the counsel to come to it's decision.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2008 11:54 PM
REXXXX
Networking

That may take some time. Is there anything you might wish to do in the mean time?

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2008 01:16 AM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

"Master, I know we wait for the counsel's judgments, but there is only one person's opinion I respect. That is yours Master, what is your decision on the matter."

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2008 01:18 AM
REXXXX
Networking

"Our mission was successful, Xavier, but... it cost many lives due to open confrontation. There is no infiltrating that can be done this time. Friste will be expecting it. Only open confrontation can be used and it may cause more senseless bloodshed. The Jedi respect life and avoid decisions that may harm it. Friste does not, but will not murder for amusement. He may be twisted and corrupt, but he is not insane. Not yet.

"For now, I say that the Jedi simply bide their time until he becomes a problem again. After all... we don't know where he has gone."

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2008 01:21 AM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

"Very True Master."

Xavier would also like to have Trax's take on it if he is around.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2008 01:51 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Trax is currently repairing The New Beginning. It took quite a beating at Varloucant.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2008 01:51 AM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Is there anything else Xavier can be doing besides talking to Master Cabas?

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2008 01:54 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Not unless you can think of something.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2008 02:03 AM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Nah I can not really think of anything.

"Master I am sorry if I disappointed you in the last mission."

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2008 02:05 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Speaking with Cabas is something.

Cabas shakes his head. He looks tired. "No, Xavier. You fulfilled your mission. I suppose, if the Force wills all things, then what occured could not have happened any other way."

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2008 02:08 AM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

"I suppose, Master"

Xavier looks over his Master's face, and sees how tired he is. This is the first time he had ever noticed Master so drained before. In some ways it seems to drain the energy from Xavier as well.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2008 02:12 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Cabas, even as he creeps up on old age, has always maintained a youthful energy and outlook in his mentoring and in his occupation as a Jedi Master. Something must be bothering him.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2008 02:23 AM