KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Sauron vs. Voldemort, gogogo.

Sauron vs. Voldemort, gogogo.
Started by: Zeal Ex Nihilo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sauron vs. Voldemort, gogogo.

Discuss.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2008 04:39 PM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marco_taco5

voldermort would win coz he could go get the ring then apparate to mt doom and destroy it end of battle!!

Old Post Apr 9th, 2008 08:36 AM
marco_taco5 is currently offline Click here to Send marco_taco5 a Private Message Find more posts by marco_taco5 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Unicor777
Hogwarts Cafe MANAGER

I don't think that the two are comparable in evility. We know much of Voldermort's past but nothing of Sauron's. We don't know what made Sauron evil.

$$$REMEMBER DUMBLEDORE$$$

R.I.P Headmaster Severus Snape

Take the portkey

GRYFFINDOR MALE PREFECT

Tigg, RebPhoe, Maika, Rogue, Sarant, ADarksideJedi, MUSC

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 06:36 PM
Unicor777 is currently offline Click here to Send Unicor777 a Private Message Find more posts by Unicor777 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xEsaulx
Bringer of Life

So? You don't need to know the past of someone to determine who would win. I would say Voldemort. His greatest weakness has always been his demise.

Old Post May 3rd, 2008 04:54 AM
xEsaulx is currently offline Click here to Send xEsaulx a Private Message Find more posts by xEsaulx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Council#13
The Omega Male

Avada Kedavra

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Old Post Jun 4th, 2008 04:20 PM
Council#13 is currently offline Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GGS

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Unicor777
I don't think that the two are comparable in evility. We know much of Voldermort's past but nothing of Sauron's. We don't know what made Sauron evil.

There's a whole book set before LOTR that explains why Sauron went evil.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Silmarillion

The guy's a demi-god he'd pwn Voldemort easily.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2008 09:27 PM
GGS is currently offline Click here to Send GGS a Private Message Find more posts by GGS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogal Dorn
Mahal

quote: (post)
Originally posted by marco_taco5
voldermort would win coz he could go get the ring then apparate to mt doom and destroy it end of battle!!

It wouldn't work, even if Voldemort was to apparate to Mt. Doom if both the Universes of LotR and HP clashed, no-one could willingly harm let alone destroy the Ring. Not even Sauron, the Ring's maker. Even Frodo, the most resistant of the Hobbits succumed to the Ring in the end. He would have taken it for himself, had Gollum not played his part.

As for the killing curse, well its possible. But the magics of the two worlds don't mesh. Tolkien's idea of magic was a lot more subtle, not a spell to outright kill. If we look at the power scope of the individuals ingoring the magic aspect then I'm tempted to say Sauron. Vodemort was, for all intents and purposes without Horcrux's a mortal.

Sauron was originally a Maia of Aule, one of the Valar both members of the "angelic" order. As stated before, Sauron was a demi-god, corrupted by Melkor later named Morogoth. On power scales Sauron is the most power being in Middle-earth, and suitably more powerful than Voldemort.

Yet the making of things is in my heart from my own making by thee; and the child of little understanding that makes a play of the deeds of his father may do so without without thought of mockery, but because he is the son of his father.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2008 10:16 PM
Rogal Dorn is currently offline Click here to Send Rogal Dorn a Private Message Find more posts by Rogal Dorn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

^^^

Frodo was not the most resistant hobbit. Sam gave the ring away, after carrying it for Frodo in the tower.

Sauron was Morgoth's chief lieutenant, and his heir. He was the second most powerful force for evil ever, the most powerful being in middle earth in the third age. His downfall was the ring, just as the horcruxes were Voldemort's. Voldemort is too arrogant to think that someone was clever enough to replicate his strategy, but Sauron would expect it, and plan ahead.

Demi-god (on a scale equivalent to Gandalf the white- and greater than gandalf the grey/ Balrog) beats a Wizard scared of death.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2008 04:41 AM
Zamp is currently offline Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Unicor777
Hogwarts Cafe MANAGER

I don't think it would work, both of them are top villian in their own world, it is impossible to compare. That would be equal if you try to compare superman and batman, who would win? Or Harry Potter and Luke Skywalker? It makes no sence

$$$REMEMBER DUMBLEDORE$$$

R.I.P Headmaster Severus Snape

Take the portkey

GRYFFINDOR MALE PREFECT

Tigg, RebPhoe, Maika, Rogue, Sarant, ADarksideJedi, MUSC

Old Post Aug 7th, 2008 09:51 AM
Unicor777 is currently offline Click here to Send Unicor777 a Private Message Find more posts by Unicor777 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Boudecia
Don't mess with me

Tough call ?

Hmm ! Have to say sauron because voldermolt is in my eyes too arrogant he underestimated harry potter which led 2 his demise wheras sauron is more of a planner and would sus out weakeness voldermort acts on impulse and his plans just get twarted every time.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2008 10:06 AM
Boudecia is currently offline Click here to Send Boudecia a Private Message Find more posts by Boudecia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Council#13
The Omega Male

Couldn't Voldemort just slice off Sauron's finger, take the ring, then Apparate into Mt. Doom?

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Old Post Aug 19th, 2008 06:31 PM
Council#13 is currently offline Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bigon
Clown

If Voldemort found the Ring he would keep it for himself and certainly attempt to utilise it motivated by megalomania. Since he is really only a human I suppose it would affect him straight away like it did the great rings did the nazgul although he has already lost sense of self due to establishing multiple Horcruxes messed

Voldemort would certainly not be able to overpower Sauron as he was in the second age with the Ring! That idea is laughable

Old Post Aug 19th, 2008 06:56 PM
Bigon is currently offline Click here to Send Bigon a Private Message Find more posts by Bigon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lannfear

Sauron ...

Old Post Aug 30th, 2008 08:41 AM
lannfear is currently offline Click here to Send lannfear a Private Message Find more posts by lannfear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deception
Ancient Dark Lord

Sauron was a Maiar, ala an Angel, the Valar were Arch Angels..

Killing him isn't as easy as using the Killing Curse...If you wanted to know about Sauron's past, Tolkien's other books such as the Similarion (spelling?) provide those details

As for HP and Luke Skywalker? Get into the NJO or DN series and no HP wizard would stand a chance against him, he moves faster than the eye can see whereas apparition requires the "turning around" and involves a loud "pop" sound which Jedi precognition in the EU universe would detect.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2008 07:03 AM
Deception is currently offline Click here to Send Deception a Private Message Find more posts by Deception Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khamul 666

ookay i agree with the vid, Sauron is way more badass than voldy i mean come on ! Sauron almost took over an entire world and his chief practically created the word "evil".
Not to mention his hordes of orcs and trolls that could easily overwhelm the deatheaters

Deception, Silmarilion is how you spell it (im pretty sure )

Grinds hard stones to meal;
Slays king ruins town,
And beats high mountain down.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2009 03:28 AM
Khamul 666 is currently offline Click here to Send Khamul 666 a Private Message Find more posts by Khamul 666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote