KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » The Things You Hate About the "Harry Potter" Films

The Things You Hate About the "Harry Potter" Films
Started by: FistOfThe North

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FistOfThe North

The Things You Hate About the "Harry Potter" Films

Sound off..

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jun 18th, 2009 03:49 AM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

Dobby.

Just... Doby.

And the bald werewolf.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2009 02:54 AM
Zamp is currently offline Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediJim
Friend of the Force

Whenever Hermione speaks...Like nails down a chalkboard!

"Only now, at the end, do you understand!"
Emperor Palpatine / Return of the Jedi

Old Post Jun 19th, 2009 04:23 AM
JediJim is currently offline Click here to Send JediJim a Private Message Find more posts by JediJim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iknowukilledme

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JediJim
Whenever Hermione speaks...Like nails down a chalkboard!

but she is beautiful......i like her .....

Old Post Jun 29th, 2009 09:20 AM
iknowukilledme is currently offline Click here to Send iknowukilledme a Private Message Find more posts by iknowukilledme Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
allofyousuckkk
Amazingly Awesome

The fact that the movies don't fit together like the books. They constantly contradict themselves.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2009 08:39 AM
allofyousuckkk is currently offline Click here to Send allofyousuckkk a Private Message Find more posts by allofyousuckkk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

All in all, I've been satisfied with the translation to film. There are a few nitpicky things, though--why are all the spells white?!

For some reason, it really bothers me that the Stupefy spell isn't red.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2009 01:58 AM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Paola
Ronin

how Hagrid's place changes location in every movie wacko

by Scythe

Old Post Jul 8th, 2009 06:38 AM
Paola is currently offline Click here to Send Paola a Private Message Find more posts by Paola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prince Nauj
Bebop

the first two have horrible CGI

lo lo Bromios lo lo Dendrites lo lo Eleutherios lo lo Enorches...

Old Post Jul 8th, 2009 08:05 PM
Prince Nauj is currently offline Click here to Send Prince Nauj a Private Message Find more posts by Prince Nauj Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

"Don't you all have studying to do?!"

Old Post Jul 12th, 2009 09:52 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prince Nauj
Bebop

No hedwig in the fifth movie

Old Post Jul 13th, 2009 05:15 PM
Prince Nauj is currently offline Click here to Send Prince Nauj a Private Message Find more posts by Prince Nauj Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Running Mascara
Keeping My Distance

She's in the beginning, before they come get him. But other then that, i dont memer seeing her again.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by H. S. 6
"Don't you all have studying to do?!"

for some reason i hate that part. it doesnt seem lk something the real Dumbly would say at all.

Thnx Disturbed Angel!! love

Last edited by Running Mascara on Jul 13th, 2009 at 08:30 PM

Old Post Jul 13th, 2009 08:27 PM
Running Mascara is currently offline Click here to Send Running Mascara a Private Message Find more posts by Running Mascara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prince Nauj
Bebop

the fact the older weasly brothers dont come out except are shown in the third movie but thats it

Old Post Jul 13th, 2009 09:00 PM
Running Mascara
Keeping My Distance

Ooh!! I hated that too!!!

Thnx Disturbed Angel!! love

Old Post Jul 14th, 2009 02:48 AM
Running Mascara is currently offline Click here to Send Running Mascara a Private Message Find more posts by Running Mascara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prince Nauj
Bebop

no drunk winky in the fourth movie !

Old Post Jul 14th, 2009 06:11 PM
Mr. Rhythmic

The poor assortment of plots compared to what should actually be important, not to mention the boringness of most of the films, the lack of spectacle(which is the whole point of the franchise), and my lack of care for the main characters.

Personally, I dislike the entire series as a whole, not to mention I didn't even like the books.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2009 10:00 PM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prince Nauj
Bebop

Ron always saying Bloody Hell for everything messed

Old Post Jul 15th, 2009 11:27 PM
Omgu8mynewt

No Peeves in the ealier films

Old Post Jul 16th, 2009 10:45 AM
Omgu8mynewt is currently offline Click here to Send Omgu8mynewt a Private Message Find more posts by Omgu8mynewt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prince Nauj
Bebop

no rita skeeter in the fifth movie and so on

Old Post Jul 16th, 2009 06:23 PM
TheVapor
Hero

My personal grievance with HBP was the lack of Voldemorts backstory.

I was hoping that since the final movie length was 2 1/2 hours, they had only removed some scenes and would come out with an "Extended Edition", but this seems not to be the case.

Our "brilliant" director wanted the movie to focus on Voldemort's current rise to power, and not get overly involved in his past. Personally, I think Tom Riddles original rise into Voldemort is more engaging, and interesting than his second rise to power [just saying]. Plus, it explains to us WHY he is who he is, and does what he does. We come out with a greater understanding of him, and that [potentially] makes him even more frightening than he is. Plus, with this movie focusing on the development and coming of age for the current generation, it would have been a nice counterpoint seeing Voldermort's coming of age story.

I think the scenes involving Voldemorts past could have easily been put in without disrupting the flow of the movie, and in fact would have enhanced it. Hopefully, some of his past is revealed in the remaining two movies since that is plenty of time to do such things.

edit: Though I have to admit some of his choices were good, don't get me wrong, it's just that the Voldemort parts didn't have to be axed.

Last edited by TheVapor on Jul 18th, 2009 at 10:05 PM

Old Post Jul 18th, 2009 09:51 PM
TheVapor is currently offline Click here to Send TheVapor a Private Message Find more posts by TheVapor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prince Nauj
Bebop

no dursleys in HBP

Old Post Jul 18th, 2009 10:28 PM