KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » LOTR RP Game part 1- Journey to Fornost

LOTR RP Game part 1- Journey to Fornost
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (79): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

LOTR RP Game part 1- Journey to Fornost

Rivendell, 1971 TA

(All background and maps handled in a seperate thread)

Advance forces of the Witch-King pour into Cardolan. Whilst the remaining nobility and landowners shelter in scattered forts and well-defended towns, the smaller settlements fall quickly to the Dunlending and Orcish raids. The Dunlendings strike at day and the orcs at night; at no time are the populace safe. Some nervously await some counter-attack from Arthedain, or maybe from the Elves. No such thing happens.

The Great East-West road, once bastion of civilisation in the north, is now too dangerous for lone travellers, maybe even for armed groups. No longer can the casual traveller come to the great Northern Human realm of Arnor, not even to Arthedain, the last remaining secure part of it.

But nine travellers now prepare to make their way to the capital of Arthedain, Fornost-Erain. In three groups of three they come there for different diplomatic reasons- the Gondorian Dunadain Aranui and his retiinue come to pledge his family's friendship with the nobles of the north, whom Gondor have recently made contact with. Three elves, two of Elrond's household, and one Silvan from Mirkwood, go to show that the Elves are still aware of the existence of Arnor, and for the Silvan elf to take a closer look at the troubles of that place. And a Dwarf and three Hobbits go there to ask for protection for a new trade route they wish to open, at a time when such protection is sparse.

Elrons has bidden the nine to travel together, for the better protection of each other. Each thinks they will travel together just this once and maybe never meet agin, but instead they will be drawn into something much larger than their mere diplomacy.

Ok, guys, you leave tomorrow morning. I need to know what provisions you wish to take from Rivendell, which supplies, if you will all be mounted or on foot, how fast you wish to go, when you amp, you will keep watch... in short, come up with a travelling plan together!

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jan 13th, 2003 10:11 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

"Okie gentlemen here is what I suggest, mind you by no means do we have to do this, I know my knowledge from the road up ahead is limited so is my knowledge of you. seeing that we have 3 rangers, 2 warriors, 2 elves who seem to be in to magic and 2 hobbits. I suggest we let 2 of the rangers scout ahead, for this road will harbor many dangers. I suggest Palafirith master elf and Anglomir to take this role if they are willing ofcourse. sorry master Aranui but it is my mission to get you to Fornost in one piece so I dare not ask this of you. then I suggest the master dwarf, myself and master aranui in last case to defend the spellcasters and the hobbits. I would not travel on horse back for I assume the hobbits will be uncomfortable and maybe the master dwarf as myself preferes to go on foot. Also I think we will make less smoke what do you think master elf (looking at palanfirith).
When we camp I suggest we work out a watch, seeing on who needs his sleep the most.
Again these are my idea's they are free of any judgement, but we can take any other plan.
I have only one point of allegeance that is with the king of Gondor!!"

I'd like to take trail rations, an extra knife is always handy and some rope don't forget the water

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Jan 13th, 2003 10:36 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

Vardalain too wants for them not to travell mounted. He packed his belongings some time ago: His trusty bow, arrows ofcourse. His sword hanging from his belt.
Near his sword hang three little bags, and the others assume they contain herbals.
Vardalain doesn't forget to pack food and water for this trip wich will probably proove exhausting.
His light armor is strapped on him and seems rady to go.
He polishes his bow, listening to what others have to say before they go.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2003 10:57 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Hobbits and Dwarfs ride ponies.

Answer to who needs sleep most: The non-Elves. Elves don't sleep; they meditate and only need do that for a few hours every few days.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Jan 13th, 2003 at 11:13 PM

Old Post Jan 13th, 2003 11:00 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

(us noldor, we can probably meditate on turns and keep guard the rest of the time so that we can cover a whole day.)

Old Post Jan 13th, 2003 11:05 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fitch
Free

it's perfect for me.I agree you Zeratul.It's my honor to scout with Anglomir,it is for the best safty of this group.We'll go way in the front and scout the terrain out and try to pull you out from trouble.I'll go on foot so I'll be more agile and focused.Probably I need the smallest time to meditate but I'll watch over you as much as I can.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2003 11:07 PM
Fitch is currently offline Click here to Send Fitch a Private Message Find more posts by Fitch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

The flip side is that is is bloody hard to wake up on Elf from meditiation. They have a built-in alarm clock that wakes them at a time decided before they go in, other than that it takes more than loud noises to get them up.

BtVS

Old Post Jan 13th, 2003 11:09 PM
Fitch
Free

no problem.....I can handle it.....

Old Post Jan 13th, 2003 11:12 PM
Fitch is currently offline Click here to Send Fitch a Private Message Find more posts by Fitch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

(we're three elves...taking turns seems the most acceptable solution.
or we could tie one of them ...hobbits...yeah, hobbits they call 'em, to a tree and sort of pinch him from time to time with the tip of an arrow for them not to fall asleep. smile)

Old Post Jan 13th, 2003 11:16 PM
Fitch
Free

takeing turns is the most acceptable solution.I agree you master Vardalain.
Oh and I forgot.I'll take my trusty bow,recived as a gift fron Elrond,my 2 deggers,The Arrow Bag of Enrhosiel and on my bels I have a bag,that everybody thinks it's food ot somethink but it ain't.....

P.S:I wonder when were gonna leave......

Old Post Jan 13th, 2003 11:22 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I vetoed that arrow bag, remember?

You can leave once you want to but I would hesitate to go before Mah comments.

BtVS

Old Post Jan 14th, 2003 12:01 AM
narcil

yeah--i'll go along with whatever you guys decide on---gotta lot of stuff to do tonight n' tmrrw so...*LOL* resolve the issue of how to begin between yourselves. ^_^

'Slay Evil Immediately'

-the Shinsengumi

Old Post Jan 14th, 2003 04:53 AM
narcil is currently offline Click here to Send narcil a Private Message Find more posts by narcil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Anglomir tries to stick close the Elves or his good friends from Gondor. "This will be a long and perilous road, will it not Aranui?" he asks his friend as he sharpens his sword which he has entitled Orc's Bane. He twirls it around a few times before sheathing it. He slides his throwing knives in his pack, and puts one in his wrist gauntlet.

He packs some steak and pork into his food wallet, along with his pipe, a cutting knife, rope, and his sharpening rock for his sword. He polishes his iron & gold plated, forest green shield, which he'll sling across his back during the journey.

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Jan 14th, 2003 05:38 AM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Talin only packs his pipe and a few big chunks of meat and jerky. At his hip he wears his Dwarvish ale flask. "Us Dwarves are a hearty folk. We need not be weighted down by hordes of weapons or bundles of clothing and food. All I need is my axe and some meat, and I'll be fine."

"Just one thing...while we're on this journey, don't touch the beard," Talin announces to the other fellow travellers. He strokes his red, braided beard. He then slides on his mithril helmet.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2003 05:47 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Oh, you do NOT have a Mithril helmet! Who do you think you are, the King?

BtVS

Old Post Jan 14th, 2003 12:04 PM
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

"Zeratuls general plan should be okay" Aranui says. "We'll travel as fast as possible, that is as fast as the slowest in our party can manage, and feel comfortable with. No need to rush and get us all tired and weary, but we should keep a steady speed ahead."

other than food and water I'll take a knife for general use.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2003 03:30 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

(chill ush)
"Thx for the confidence everyone also a good point master"

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Jan 14th, 2003 03:56 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Again, that wasn't angry, only expressive!

The journey will be some three weeks on foot, and that is including the guidance of the Rangers.

Other than that, I'll set you guys off when I get back on for a decent amount oif time tonight.

(BTW, Mah isn't really a Master... he's a Royal Family member but also a ranking officer so 'sir' is probably better)

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Jan 14th, 2003 at 04:18 PM

Old Post Jan 14th, 2003 04:11 PM
Fitch
Free

(as I'm a High Elf,and I mock the rest,I won't call him 'sir' but I'll respect him for his rank.)
(waiting for the mod to give 'The Start' )

Old Post Jan 14th, 2003 05:52 PM
Dexx
wingless

(your race doesn't imply any strict behaviour fitch....it's obvious that any others outside mah's party shouldn't call him sir)

Old Post Jan 14th, 2003 06:04 PM