KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Games 'Respect' Forum » Ken's 'rival' (albeit self-proclaimed), Rufus

Ken's 'rival' (albeit self-proclaimed), Rufus
Started by: Snafu the Great

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

Ken's 'rival' (albeit self-proclaimed), Rufus

(please log in to view the image)

Can't deny that he moves fast for a fat man, and by far, he is the heaviest of the Street Fighters. He also runs off at the mouth too much.

Ken is in for a serious headache when Rufus finally catches up with him.

Rufus' Bio

Nationality: American
Date of Birth: August 5, 1963
Height: 6'5"
Weight: 500 pounds (seriously!)
Hair: Blond
Eyes: Blue
Blood Type: Unknown
Family: Unknown, has a girlfriend named Candy
Dislikes: Ken Masters
Fighting Style: His own style of Kung Fu inspired by the Snake Style
Background:

Rufus is a loudmouthed master of Kung-Fu, hailing from the U.S. Believing himself to be the strongest in America, he develops a personal hatred for Ken Masters, who carries that title officially. Often seen riding his motorcycle with his girlfriend, Candy (an attractive, redheaded woman with a notably tacky way of dress who met Rufus while bailing on a diner check; he beat up the waiter), who seems to adore him and agree with his belief. Rufus is prone to loud-mouthed rambling, often spouting off at the mouth continuously until someone cuts him off (usually about trivial things he notices about the characters, doting over Candy, giving random anecdotes, or mistaking several members of the cast for Ken Masters, including Cammy). In fact, his winquotes are so long they're normally impossible to read beginning to end before the results screen is gone. He's also prone to saying whatever random thoughts come to his mind, regardless of how rude they are (i.e. asking Dhalsim if he is an alien because of his Yoga power, and then giving his personal view of aliens before Dhalsim cuts him off). Despite his goofy personality, he is a highly skilled master of Kung-Fu, which even surprises several of the other characters.

He declares himself America's Greatest Fighter and considers Ken Masters to be his rival. He fights to prove he is better than Ken Masters, though he frequently mistakes other fighters for Ken.

Not much is known about Rufus' past before the events in Street fighter IV, except that he met his girlfriend Candy by saving her from a waiter (Rufus beat him up) who was chasing her. Rufus describes this event on a win quote to Rose; "I’ll never forget when I first met my girl. It was a rainy day in October and I was on my way home from a fight. Suddenly, this chick came outta nowhere an’ was all like 'Help!' I guess she pulled a dine an’ dash, so I beat up the waiter that was chasin’ her!" Rufus first became interested in martial arts after seeing an abundance of kung-fu flicks in his youth; this prompted him to take correspondence courses, and later ride his motorcycle around China studying under various masters. Another thing Rufus has described about his past is that he is a legend in the biker world, a fact he feels indifferent about.

After reading an article praising Ken's status as America's best fighter, Rufus is, naturally, insulted. Candy suggests that he defeat Ken in front of an audience, making it clear who the best is.

Afterwards, Rufus and Candy zoom past Ken and Ryu, stopping briefly for an insult. Not too long after, however, he's seen pushing his motorcycle, as it's run out of gas. Ken rolls up to him in his stylish SUV with Candy's hat, offering a tow. Rufus proudly turns the offer down, stating that the pushing was part of his training. Ken shrugs it off and drives away. Candy offers to help push, but Rufus insists that she stay put, cursing Ken for his misfortune.

Chuck Norris learned his trademark move, along with his sense of duty and justice, from Jesus after watching Him roundhouse kick a money changer out of the temple.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2009 03:30 AM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

I luv kickin' ass wit this dude. Peeps think this guy is a chump for some reason. Then when I win, they wanna start pickin' the guy in fights.

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2009 04:04 PM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

I hate how his gigantic bouncing ****ing happy trail distracts me during fights.

Barring that he is an original character for the SF cast.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2009 08:31 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

I lol at his win quotes. It's unusual how many people he mistakes for Ken Masters. And I'll be honest, I like his english voice. We share an accent.

Also, am I the only one who ever called his girlfriend Stella/Mona/Fran?

Last edited by BloodRawEngine on Sep 22nd, 2009 at 09:06 PM

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2009 09:03 PM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

Rufus is the best character in SF4.

thumb up

All hail Scythe, King of the Sigs.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2009 09:59 PM
MooCowofJustice is currently offline Click here to Send MooCowofJustice a Private Message Find more posts by MooCowofJustice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

More like the WORST SF character.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2009 05:58 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

quote: (post)
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
More like the WORST SF character.

...Dudley? no expression

Old Post Sep 25th, 2009 03:54 PM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Rusus's quotes are made of win.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Oct 5th, 2009 03:05 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote