KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » AWE detail question

AWE detail question
Started by: willofthewisp

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

AWE detail question

Hey, in the scene where Jack and Beckett are negotiating terms and right after Jack says who he is, a cannonball comes out of nowhere, providing Jack an exit. Where did the cannonball come from? Who is firing at the ship? I don't have my dvd with me and the script didn't make it clear. Thanks!

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 11:23 AM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ibd4eva
Ivebeendepped 4 ever!

hmm.. I actually havent seen it in a while. My guess would be the Pearl? I dont know. Someone wanna verify?

"Get that out of my face." "It's not in your face, it's in my hand." "Get what's in your hand out of my face." <3 set by yours truly

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 07:04 PM
ibd4eva is currently offline Click here to Send ibd4eva a Private Message Find more posts by ibd4eva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

probably the pearl. I could go and watch it, but I'm supposed to be preparing for school right now, so...

or maybe its just one of those things that we're left to ponder forever.

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 11:51 PM
Jaeh is currently offline Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

i believe its the Pearl cause he swings over to it after destroying the mast 'all without a single drop of rum'

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2009 02:38 AM
That ACDC Chick is currently offline Click here to Send That ACDC Chick a Private Message Find more posts by That ACDC Chick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Okay thanks!

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2009 04:00 AM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
a-k-a-amber

Yeah its the pearl because Barbossa convinces Sao Feng to leave with Elizabeth and they'll take care of Beckett.

"It would never have worked out between us."..... "Keep telling yourself that darling."

Old Post Jul 5th, 2009 04:37 AM
a-k-a-amber is currently offline Click here to Send a-k-a-amber a Private Message Find more posts by a-k-a-amber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

http://l.yimg.com/eb/ymv/us/img/hv/..._davenport4.jpg

Another stupid stupid question. Feel free to b*tch slap me. The strappy thing around Norrington, is that a belt, or is it something else? I'm sure Sailor won't mind that I've included a picture of James, but I need to know what this is since he wears it around his chest and not his waist.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2009 02:14 PM
ToddianGirl
Rumors are EVIL!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by willofthewisp

Another stupid stupid question. Feel free to b*tch slap me. The strappy thing around Norrington, is that a belt, or is it something else? I'm sure Sailor won't mind that I've included a picture of James, but I need to know what this is since he wears it around his chest and not his waist.

Not Sailor but I'm guessing there are different kinds of pirate clothing and how they where them. I'm guessing that was another pirate look that was very popular during that time. Also some very insterting James facts from AWE(Nothing to with his clothes)
(From Wikipedia)
Norrington had a somewhat larger role in earlier script drafts, including forging an alliance with Davy Jones based on their mutual animosity of Lord Beckett (this may explain why Jones offers him a place in his crew before he dies). At least one cut scene appears to have been filmed: Norrington dissuades Governor Swann from stabbing Davy Jones' heart after Jones tells Swann that Elizabeth is dead. Stills from the scene exist, but it was not included with the other deleted scenes on the DVD release.

There is the mystery,the silence under the sea.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2009 03:59 PM
ToddianGirl is currently offline Click here to Send ToddianGirl a Private Message Find more posts by ToddianGirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sailorleo
Mrs. Admiral Norrington

well, the belt too me...Besides being fabulous, could be like a batman utility belt, a place to store a gun, or ammunition, and keep it, relatively dry. Since pirates were all about hording as much loot on you persons as possible, that belt probably served a similar purpose...

Norrie+Sailor= Happiness !bunny
Banner by Sailorleo *me*

Old Post Jul 31st, 2009 07:15 PM
sailorleo is currently offline Click here to Send sailorleo a Private Message Find more posts by sailorleo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IheartPocky
Not a sausage..

It's called a bandolier. You're welcome. stick out tongue Not restricted to pirates.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2009 09:10 PM
IheartPocky is currently offline Click here to Send IheartPocky a Private Message Find more posts by IheartPocky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

I'm giving you a cyber kiss, Pocky. Stupid, stupid me. I wondered if it was a bandolier, but I imagine the modern Rambo-style ones and not a strappy leather thing from the pirate era. Thanks!

Old Post Aug 1st, 2009 04:50 AM
siriuswriter

quote: (post)
Originally posted by willofthewisp

willo - it's some kind of message-carrier. it looks like a relic from the norrington-white wig years because of the bling that probably makes it a piece of her royal majesty's navy something or other.

ETA : wow. so, uh...um... we're just gonna ignore this?

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2009 12:55 AM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

LOL sirius. well, unless we have more AWE questions waiting to be answered, or me and Bwa go and pillage this thread, I guess we could leave it alone. haha.

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2009 03:56 AM
Jaeh is currently offline Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bwa Ha Ha

PILLAGE! With zombies!

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 4th, 2009 06:25 AM
Bwa Ha Ha is currently offline Click here to Send Bwa Ha Ha a Private Message Find more posts by Bwa Ha Ha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

lol bwa xD nice pic. GROSS, but nice xD

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2009 06:36 AM
Bwa Ha Ha

big grin Knew ya'd like it.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 4th, 2009 07:18 AM
Bwa Ha Ha is currently offline Click here to Send Bwa Ha Ha a Private Message Find more posts by Bwa Ha Ha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

LOL GO INNARDS xD

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2009 07:51 AM
Bwa Ha Ha

INNARDS FTW!

Old Post Oct 4th, 2009 07:59 AM
Jaeh
Possibly here.

lol, well, let's let this die if we don't have anything AWE to ask stick out tongue

I don't want rexxy to come and do some modding. O.O let's regulate this forum while rogue's not around. O.O

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2009 08:07 AM
Bwa Ha Ha

Where IS Rogue?

Old Post Oct 4th, 2009 09:01 AM