KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Match Schedule, Round One: Batdude and Kahn's Holiday Herald Tournament

Match Schedule, Round One: Batdude and Kahn's Holiday Herald Tournament
Started by: TheKahn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheKahn
The Dude abides

Match Schedule, Round One: Batdude and Kahn's Holiday Herald Tournament

I can't sleep so I thought I'd go ahead and announce the Match Schedule for round one. The first round will consists of four fights with the judges and environment announced at the start of the fight. Teams will be limited to 10 official posts plus their opening strategy. Fights will start approximately at Noon on Monday, Dec. 28. I anticipate matches to last about a week more or less but we can be a little flexible about that.

Fight 1
Team Kris Blaze & KM VS Team psycho charlotte

Fight 2
Team Leonidas & Galen007 VS Team Omega Vision & JL King

Fight 3
Team JaketheBank & Original Smurph VS Team darthgoober & Blair Wind

Fight 4
Team Philosophia and PR VS Team id369 and King Kandy

Carl - "No, the real point is: I don't give a damn."

Carl - "This line, here? Line of Death. You cross it, and your freedoms no longer exist. Um-kay? Have a good day."

Old Post Dec 27th, 2009 06:01 AM
TheKahn is currently offline Click here to Send TheKahn a Private Message Find more posts by TheKahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheKahn
The Dude abides

Edited at TheKahn's request,

Carl - "This line, here? Line of Death. You cross it, and your freedoms no longer exist. Um-kay? Have a good day."

Last edited by Badabing on Dec 27th, 2009 at 04:47 PM

Old Post Dec 27th, 2009 06:09 AM
TheKahn is currently offline Click here to Send TheKahn a Private Message Find more posts by TheKahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

imo, matches should be simultaneous with a longish break in between.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2009 07:58 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Could we please have some more information regarding the battlefield. I only remember the details and size of the prep-room and such.

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Dec 27th, 2009 01:09 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Could we please have some more information regarding the battlefield. I only remember the details and size of the prep-room and such.

the judges and environment announced at the start of the fight.

As written in the post above. BTW, guys, thanks in advance for lots of headache. Going against guy who knows Captain Comet as well as I know say Emma Frost or K'... darlings, I'm a bit pissed off at the amouth of strategising I must do (and also keeping to the rules so no opponent-specific traps...or little of them).

Beware Blonde Badasses Emma Frost K' Dante

RIP Fluffy

Old Post Dec 27th, 2009 01:17 PM
Charlotte DeBel is currently offline Click here to Send Charlotte DeBel a Private Message Find more posts by Charlotte DeBel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Charlotte DeBel

As written in the post above. BTW, guys, thanks in advance for lots of headache. Going against guy who knows Captain Comet as well as I know say Emma Frost or K'... darlings, I'm a bit pissed off at the amouth of strategising I must do (and also keeping to the rules so no opponent-specific traps...or little of them).

I see.

I am also looking forward to flipping through lots of various comics. I am no authority on Zatanna or either of these characters we're facing, but love a challenge. Characters aside, my team managed to land the big one in this tourney, King Mungi. My delicious Canadian team-mate will play a vital part in this tourney, with all his Canadian Canadism and such. Both Canada and Norway have socialized health care, there is no way we can lose this tourney cool

Seriously though, it's going to be fun. Our teams kick off the first match.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2009 01:38 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheKahn
The Dude abides

Please note that all locations devoid of sentient life on a planet/galaxy/universe level and teams are not allowed to exit the solar system (when applicable). Also, no intentional destruction of the battle field is allowed. Both teams start one mile away from one another with whatever actions taken in prep time active (ie shields, armor, etc).

Fight 1
Team Kris Blaze & KM VS Team psycho charlotte
Location: Jupiter's ice moon Europa (assume it has a breathable atmosphere)

Fight 2
Team Leonidas & Galen007 VS Team Omega Vision & JL King

Fight 3
Team JaketheBank & Original Smurph VS Team darthgoober & Blair Wind
Location: Flat planet with an indestructible trampoline-like surface that extends out into an infinite plain and has an Earth-like atmosphere.

Fight 4
Team Philosophia and PR VS Team id369 and King Kandy

Old Post Dec 27th, 2009 01:39 PM
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

We're "Team Healthcare" or "Team Winter" until KM disagrees with one of the names.

Also, we're fighting on a moon. It's going to be difficult not to destroy, even if it's not intentional. Is the destruction of the battlefield something we should work against? Will we be punished or rewarded for destroying it/working to save it?

Old Post Dec 27th, 2009 01:41 PM
TheKahn
The Dude abides

Originally posted by Charlotte DeBel

I was trying to make the battlefields as neutral as possible, but just in case anyone can think of a way to use them to their advantage, I went ahead and posted them. Good luck all. thumb up

Old Post Dec 27th, 2009 01:42 PM
TheKahn
The Dude abides

We're "Team Healthcare" or "Team Winter" until KM disagrees with one of the names.

Also, we're fighting on a moon. It's going to be difficult not to destroy, even if it's not intentional. Is the destruction of the battlefield something we should work against? Will we be punished or rewarded for destroying it/working to save it?

Just don't use destroying the environment as part of your strategy. It not that big of a deal since teams can generally move around the solar system, but I'd rather not have battlefield destruction become a critical point of debate.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2009 01:44 PM
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by TheKahn
Just don't use destroying the environment as part of your strategy. It not that big of a deal since teams can generally move around the solar system, but I'd rather not have battlefield destruction become a critical point of debate.

No worries.

It's just that the battlefield WILL go down. I mean, we're running with Surfer, Superman and BRB here. Shit will be destroyed cool

Old Post Dec 27th, 2009 01:46 PM
TheKahn
The Dude abides

Originally posted by psycho gundam
imo, matches should be simultaneous with a longish break in between.

They will be. All fights in the first round will take place at the same time. It might get a bit hectic for judges but I'm trying to give everyone the same amount of time to prepare and hopefully keep the tourney mostly within the winter holidays.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2009 01:49 PM
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Re: Match Schedule, Round One: Batdude and Kahn's Holiday Herald Tournament

I anticipate matches to last about a week more or less but we can be a little flexible about that.

This round or all of them ? Also, as long as we're within the solar system, does leaving the battlefield (or making somebody do) count as BFR ?

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Dec 27th, 2009 01:56 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheKahn
The Dude abides

Re: Re: Match Schedule, Round One: Batdude and Kahn's Holiday Herald Tournament

Originally posted by Philosophía
This round or all of them ? Also, as long as we're within the solar system, does leaving the battlefield (or making somebody do) count as BFR ?

Just this round. I'm not sure how long it will take all 8 teams to make 10 posts each, so a week is just a assumption on my part. It will take as long as it takes.

You can physically remove someone to another part of the battlefield (via throwing, punching, kicking, etc.), but you cannot teleport a member of the opposing team anywhere.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2009 02:02 PM
Starscream M

question about judging:

Are judges at any point allowed to ask questions?

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Dec 27th, 2009 02:12 PM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheKahn
The Dude abides

Originally posted by Starscream M
question about judging:

Are judges at any point allowed to ask questions?

If you need a quick clarification about something then the teams can respond in a brief non-official post. But try and refrain from asking anything that will require an prolonged in-depth answer.

Otherwise, I'd prefer we stay out of the debaters way and let them fight it out undisturbed.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2009 02:20 PM
Starscream M

Otherwise, I'd prefer we stay out of the debaters way and let them fight it out undisturbed.
ok, cool with me. just wanted to clarify.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2009 02:21 PM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

so . . . are all 4 matches happening at the same time?? confused

Old Post Dec 27th, 2009 03:33 PM
leonidas is online now! Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheKahn
The Dude abides

Originally posted by leonidas

Yes. Sorry if I didn't make that clear. Everyone starts fighting tomorrow.

I thought about spacing them out more, but I didn't want to give some teams more time to plan than those who went first. This was the only way I felt things would be even.

BTW, there is no hard deadline to end the debate. So there is no rush to start posting immediately. A day delay here or there isn't a big deal if you need more time to plan your strategy.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2009 03:37 PM
Starscream M

Originally posted by leonidas
seems like it...

Old Post Dec 27th, 2009 03:37 PM