KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Batman's true love?

Batman's true love?
Started by: Punkyhermy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

Question Batman's true love?

So we know our dark knight is quite the ladies man. over the course of his life in comics-verse, timm-verse, and fim-verse, which woman has carved a place for herself in his heart?

here's my pick:

Andrea Beaumont (Batman Mask of the Phantasm): She is the only woman who came closest to being his "true" love and most likely was. She entered his life in the most crucial moment; where he was about to make the choice once and for all, to take on this war for gotham as Batman. She showed him love and happyness. For her, he discarded his plans for vengence on the city. He was happy, he found solace he seeked ever since it was taken away from him by the firing of those 2 bullets.She represented everything that was still right with the world to him. She represented hope . But then, she leaves him. And it doesn't take more than a day afterwards to put on the cape and cowl, and so changing his destiny for ever.
erm

[At Bruce's parents' grave]

Bruce Wayne: It doesn't mean I don't care anymore. I don't want to let you down, honest, but... but it just doesn't hurt so bad anymore. You can understand that, can't you? Look, I can give money to the city - they can hire more cops. Let someone else take the risk, but it's different now!

[thunder and lightning]

Bruce Wayne: Please! I need it to be different now. I know I made a promise, but I didn't see this coming. I didn't count on being happy.

[thunder and lightning]

Bruce Wayne: Please! Tell me that it's okay.

[Andrea Beaumont appears]

Andrea Beaumont: Maybe they already have. Maybe they sent me.
[They embrace in the rain]

love

best. batman romamtic scene ever.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2007 05:24 PM
Punkyhermy is currently offline Click here to Send Punkyhermy a Private Message Find more posts by Punkyhermy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

Yeah, Phantasm was/is high up there...I loved her character, and just wish they bring/would have brought her into comic-verse as a main character. I think, however, that Selena and Talia are the top two: in almost all mediums, those are the two girls that Bruce/Batman is attracted to, in love with, or in a relationship with.

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2007 01:37 AM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sindahouse

Every other girl after Andrea Beaumont was just in the way of Batman... Even Vicky Vale, who was very close to Bruce... But Andrea Beaumont almost halted to creation of Batman. There was no Batman when Andrea Beaumont and Bruce Wayne where together... So tragic how it ended... I love that movie and I love that story...

Andrea Beaumont definately takes the cake.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2007 11:51 AM
sindahouse is currently offline Click here to Send sindahouse a Private Message Find more posts by sindahouse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

Compound word...

Catwoman...

Nuff said...

Old Post Nov 25th, 2007 12:13 PM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scarecrow756
The Joker

I would say Batman`s true love is Selina Kyle/Catwoman because basically I think he really cares for her but knows he can never be with her because he knows that because of his morals and how he does his job she is on the other side of the law of him. For those of you who have read Batman Escalation you know I convey the Selina/Bruce relationship as the corner stone of the story. Having said this I think that Andrea Beaumont comes in a very close second and Talia Al Gaul comes in third.

"STARTING TONIGHT PEOPLE WILL DIE.. I`M A MAN OF MY WORD"-
THE JOKER- THE DARK KNIGHT TEASER TRAILER

Old Post Nov 25th, 2007 01:47 PM
Scarecrow756 is currently offline Click here to Send Scarecrow756 a Private Message Find more posts by Scarecrow756 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Hey the famous Punky Hermy is back.I cant believe it.good to see ya again Punky.btw,I know your jeoulous of Emma watson. big grin

Old Post Nov 26th, 2007 03:45 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

no i'm not.big grin

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2008 01:29 AM
Punkyhermy is currently offline Click here to Send Punkyhermy a Private Message Find more posts by Punkyhermy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SelinaAndBruce

Um do I even have to tell you what my answer to this is? LOL. In every interpretation of Batman I've watched or read including the campy TV show I think only one woman has truly captured Batman's heart and has ever been able to come close to understanding his struggle with duality and to captivate him enough to make he want to bend the rules.

Selina: No darker than yours, Bruce

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2008 01:42 AM
SelinaAndBruce is currently offline Click here to Send SelinaAndBruce a Private Message Find more posts by SelinaAndBruce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grinning Goku

Re: Batman's true love?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Punkyhermy
So we know our dark knight is quite the ladies man. over the course of his life in comics-verse, timm-verse, and fim-verse, which woman has carved a place for herself in his heart?

here's my pick:

Andrea Beaumont (Batman Mask of the Phantasm): She is the only woman who came closest to being his "true" love and most likely was. She entered his life in the most crucial moment; where he was about to make the choice once and for all, to take on this war for gotham as Batman. She showed him love and happyness. For her, he discarded his plans for vengence on the city. He was happy, he found solace he seeked ever since it was taken away from him by the firing of those 2 bullets.She represented everything that was still right with the world to him. She represented hope . But then, she leaves him. And it doesn't take more than a day afterwards to put on the cape and cowl, and so changing his destiny for ever.
erm

[At Bruce's parents' grave]

Bruce Wayne: It doesn't mean I don't care anymore. I don't want to let you down, honest, but... but it just doesn't hurt so bad anymore. You can understand that, can't you? Look, I can give money to the city - they can hire more cops. Let someone else take the risk, but it's different now!

[thunder and lightning]

Bruce Wayne: Please! I need it to be different now. I know I made a promise, but I didn't see this coming. I didn't count on being happy.

[thunder and lightning]

Bruce Wayne: Please! Tell me that it's okay.

[Andrea Beaumont appears]

Andrea Beaumont: Maybe they already have. Maybe they sent me.
[They embrace in the rain]

love

best. batman romamtic scene ever.

Dick Grayson.

PSN handle: B_B_Kang

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2008 03:34 AM
Grinning Goku is currently offline Click here to Send Grinning Goku a Private Message Find more posts by Grinning Goku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Treize13

Yes,I liked Andrea the Best just the whole concept really there was someone with during that transitional phase in his life or just someone he was involved with before he was batman.She complimented him well.I never understood how a man who was so against killing goes and falls so madly and completely in love with an assassin one Talia Al ghul and the fact that its not really for any principal she actually stands for but at daddy's request the fact that she never had the strength to leave him and really o=no character development other than being a spoiled princess. mad mad wink

Old Post Apr 27th, 2013 07:04 PM
Treize13 is currently offline Click here to Send Treize13 a Private Message Find more posts by Treize13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote