KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » The Two Towers - Inside the Effects

The Two Towers - Inside the Effects
Started by: Dejio

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dejio

The Two Towers - Inside the Effects

Have you guys checked this one out. It's the making of LOTR:TTT.

Enter this site: www.lordoftherings.net
And then navigate yourself through "The Legend - Inside the Effects - Enter Helms Deep - Armies - Massive Brains"

It's amazing how they did those warriors with idividual AI's using a program called MASSIVE. It's like having digital extras waiting for the director to shout "Action!"
Amazing..so awe-inspiring.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2003 07:48 AM
Dejio is currently offline Click here to Send Dejio a Private Message Find more posts by Dejio Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark_Queen
Mistress of Evil

all of the effects in TTT were just amazing,it looked so realistic.
im sure it will win an oscar 4 best visual effects again!!!i love how they did the fighting scenes-so many orcs!!!!but i can't believe it was computer generated!!!!

ps,i like your avatorwinkits way cool cool

mmmm..precious..we wants it!

Old Post Jan 17th, 2003 12:49 PM
Dark_Queen is currently offline Click here to Send Dark_Queen a Private Message Find more posts by Dark_Queen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dejio

Thanks.
TTT should really get some awards here. PJ should get Best Director and TTT for Best Movie. Oh and Gollum/Smeogol for Best CGI Actor (If they add that category anyway)!

Old Post Jan 20th, 2003 12:56 AM
Dejio is currently offline Click here to Send Dejio a Private Message Find more posts by Dejio Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

quote:
Originally posted by Dark_Queen
but i can't believe it was computer generated!!!!

i would have been surprised for them not to be.

Gollum was very good indeed.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2003 08:55 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fitch
Free

great CGI at gollum and at those massive armies.anyway,special effects oscar....here comes TTT big grin

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2003 12:13 AM
Fitch is currently offline Click here to Send Fitch a Private Message Find more posts by Fitch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dejio

In almost all reviews I've read regarding TTT, they were all impressed by the character Gollum; Andy Serkis' acting and the detail in the CGI character.
Wonder what the people at the Oscars (or any other award body for that matter) are doing in reaction to this?
You guys think they'll consider Andy Serkis for the Best Supporting Actor category? Or are they creating a whole new category; Best CGI Character?

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2003 03:15 AM
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

dunno..hopefully

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2003 03:06 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

or maybe it's integrated in CGIs overall.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2003 08:02 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

There's not that many CGI actors... I can only think of two.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2003 04:27 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

remember the one from harry potter2 too

Old Post Jan 25th, 2003 08:13 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Oh YEEEAAAHHH.... I hated him, but that makes three. Gollum would still win.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2003 04:38 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark_Queen
Mistress of Evil

gollum should win best supporting actor!!!!fingers crossed!!!

Old Post Jan 26th, 2003 11:42 AM
Dark_Queen is currently offline Click here to Send Dark_Queen a Private Message Find more posts by Dark_Queen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark_Queen
Mistress of Evil

LOTR had better win something at the oscars anyhow..or else...smile

Old Post Jan 26th, 2003 11:47 AM
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

well I'd be *very* surprised if it didn't

Old Post Jan 26th, 2003 11:57 AM
Dark_Queen
Mistress of Evil

lol,well it didnt win anything at the golden globessad,but thats not important.Go LOTR for best director & film!!!!

what other parts of the film did you like that were done by computer graphics???????
i liked it when legolas did that cool jump up onto his horse....
treebeard wasn't bad either...
hmmmmmmm..thats all i can think of 4 now

DQ

Old Post Jan 26th, 2003 12:03 PM
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

the orc army

Old Post Jan 26th, 2003 10:38 PM
Dejio

I'd have to say, the first scene where Gandalf was beating the crap off the Balrog.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2003 01:10 AM
Dexx
wingless

u might find this silly, but my faivourite immage wasn't any of these grand appearances.
this is the immage that gave me the biggest chill from the moveis so far.
Old aragorn lying solemnly on that stone, backgrounded by minas tirith...that's just beautifull

Old Post Jan 27th, 2003 08:26 PM
Mithrandir
The Grey Wanderer

hmmph...when is this? aragorn never travells nor goes even close to Minas Tirith in the movie! could u be thinking of rivindell or edoras

Like Wind in the Meadows.
The days have gone down in the west.
Pella i amoni tenn' lumbule

Old Post Jan 28th, 2003 02:34 AM
Mithrandir is currently offline Click here to Send Mithrandir a Private Message Find more posts by Mithrandir Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dejio

quote:
Originally posted by Dexx
u might find this silly, but my faivourite immage wasn't any of these grand appearances.
this is the immage that gave me the biggest chill from the moveis so far.
Old aragorn lying solemnly on that stone, backgrounded by minas tirith...that's just beautifull

Now that you've mentioned it, I do love that scene too.
I don't know.. it just gives me the same feeling when I read the books.
It's pure fantasy. The place looks unreal. (And I meant that as a compliment) It gives your mind so much to imagine; what other adventures happened before that scene, what where Arwen's and Aragon's life before that... All past and "If's"

Am I making sense? Oh well, I just love that scene. big grin

Wonder how long Arwen (could've/would've) stayed beside Aragorns tomb before passing her long years walking middle-earth..alone. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jan 28th, 2003 06:03 AM