KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » DVD Talk » Very Rare or Hard to find DVD You want in your Collection.

Very Rare or Hard to find DVD You want in your Collection.
Started by: WrathfulDwarf

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Warning Very Rare DVD's You want in your collection.

Do you have a list of movies that were transfer to DVD years ago and you been looking for them to add in your collection? These are some my extremely rare and hard to find jewels that I been searching for years:

Pixote (1981)
Vase de noces/****ing the Pig (1974)
Tampopo (1985)
Salo The 120 Days of Sodom
Aftermath (1994)
August Underground
Africa ama/Shocking Cannibals (1971)
Malena (Fully Uncut Japanese Version)

I been able to locate some of these titles on the internet, conventions, specialty stores and catalogs. However, the prices are insane! I've found bootlegs but they are badly edited or have terrible picture quality. I have a long list of other DVD's but because they trigger certain US censorship laws I won't get them on a region 1 or even a Korean edition. However, that's not stopping me from getting them.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2006 11:05 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I have a bootleg of Salo, it's very good, especially considering I only paid about 10 bucks.

Do you know where the DVD Planet store is, WD? I was there a few months ago and they had a couple of copies of Aftermath in the horror section. Might want to check that out if you want it. I believe it was $20 or so.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2006 11:25 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

i have tv shows that i want to add

Old Post Aug 24th, 2006 12:57 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maddani
headless

monster squad!!!!!!!!

Old Post Aug 24th, 2006 01:00 PM
maddani is currently offline Click here to Send maddani a Private Message Find more posts by maddani Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

None, really.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2006 04:14 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Salo is avaliable on dvd here on region 2, is it not out in America then?

Old Post Aug 24th, 2006 05:48 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

Yeah it is, unfortunately it's OOP, though.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2006 06:08 PM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

I guess I would like Duck Soup. That's all I can think of right now. A bunch of OOP DVDs I've been wanting has gone back in print recently, so I'm a happy camper.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2006 06:59 PM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
I have a bootleg of Salo, it's very good, especially considering I only paid about 10 bucks.

Do you know where the DVD Planet store is, WD? I was there a few months ago and they had a couple of copies of Aftermath in the horror section. Might want to check that out if you want it. I believe it was $20 or so.

Thanks for the tip BF. I'll be checking it out.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2006 12:23 AM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
circut_shortage
No, Why Don't U Suck It?

Beetleborg and Power Ranger DVDS and Psycho 1-4

LOOK INTO MY SIGGIE!
www.freewebs.com/circut_shortage/twm.bmp
www.freewebs.com/circut_shortage/twm2.bmp
www.freewebs.com/circut_shortage/twm3.bmp
www.freewebs.com/circut_shortage/twm4.bmp

Old Post Aug 25th, 2006 11:07 PM
circut_shortage is currently offline Click here to Send circut_shortage a Private Message Find more posts by circut_shortage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by circut_shortage
Beetleborg and Power Ranger DVDS and Psycho 1-4

I doubt Beetleborgs ever made DVDs. I'm sure there are readily available Power Ranger DVDs. As for Psycho, the first and the remake are your for-sure bets.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2006 04:54 AM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

Psycho 1-4 are easy to get your hands on. Beetleborgs used to kick so much ass.

I especially loved this guy:
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 26th, 2006 04:58 AM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
circut_shortage
No, Why Don't U Suck It?

BEETLEBORGS KICK ****IN' ASS! I LOVE THEM, FLABBER WAS SOOO FUNNY, WHEN I WAS 4 IN 1997. I AM 11 TURING 12 NEXT MONTH, AND I STILL LOVE THEM!!

LOOK INTO MY SIGGIE!
www.freewebs.com/circut_shortage/twm.bmp
www.freewebs.com/circut_shortage/twm2.bmp
www.freewebs.com/circut_shortage/twm3.bmp
www.freewebs.com/circut_shortage/twm4.bmp

Old Post Aug 27th, 2006 01:16 AM
circut_shortage is currently offline Click here to Send circut_shortage a Private Message Find more posts by circut_shortage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thegreatrudini
Violator of the innocent

got salo

im after the invisible man series from the 60's or 70's i think.
Faust.
monster squad.
go kids.
all the tales from the crypts.
space hunter.
jayce and the wheeled warriors.
galaxy high.
out of this world.
theres loads more i cant think of at the mo

Old Post Aug 28th, 2006 07:06 PM
thegreatrudini is currently offline Click here to Send thegreatrudini a Private Message Find more posts by thegreatrudini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I had a ***** time tracking it down but I finally got me an "Uncut Version" copy (not that crappy rated R version) of Swimming Pool at a cheap price of $7.99 which I been hunting since late 04. I'm getting close to getting Aftermath which as you can see is one of my top searches.

Last edited by WanderingDroid on Sep 19th, 2006 at 01:05 AM

Old Post Sep 19th, 2006 01:02 AM
thegreatrudini
Violator of the innocent

Yay the very rare uk series first born has finaly come to dvd in the uk

Old Post Sep 19th, 2006 07:24 PM
thegreatrudini is currently offline Click here to Send thegreatrudini a Private Message Find more posts by thegreatrudini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redcaped
Restricted

Account Restricted

That's what I call communicating!

Old Post Sep 19th, 2006 09:52 PM
redcaped is currently offline Click here to Send redcaped a Private Message Find more posts by redcaped Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thegreatrudini
Violator of the innocent

yw i think :0s lol

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 06:38 PM
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thought I would put it in here instead of making one topic to ask.

I have no idea how you go about finding out how much videos are worth, and was hoping someone here might know.

Would like to know if the following videos are worth anything before I throw them away:

I Spit On Your Grave: Anchor Bay(1999), Clamshell packaging, Uncut/Not Rated.

Vampyres: Anchor Bay(2000), Clamshell packaging, Uncut.

Both are VHS and NTSC, and widescreen also.

Any info would be grand. Thank you.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2006 04:40 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

hehe, you have the same I Spit on Your Grave as me. As far as I know it's not worth anything, it was easily available in most movie stores up until they killed off VHS. Might want to check ebay or something though, just to make sure. You're throwing away that masterpiece of cinema? You crazy!

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2006 09:05 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote