KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » Reboots & remakes I'm sick of hearing about it, especially with SW

Reboots & remakes I'm sick of hearing about it, especially with SW
Started by: OB1-adobe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
OB1-adobe

Reboots & remakes I'm sick of hearing about it, especially with SW

Anytime I hear the words remake & reboot, especially about something that was someone else's original idea and told & displayed how they wanted it...................its the equivalant of going to a restaurant, eating some pancakes, coming home and puking what you just ate into a bowl, adding some spices to that, and then putting into a frying pan to eat it again because YOU thought it would be better that way.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2010 06:32 PM
Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

I concur.

The originals could never be re made anyway. It wouldn't match that "classic glory" feel that makes those movies so special.

I like George.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2010 03:19 AM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Still, some remakes are great. But it does kinda reveal a lack of ideas in Hollywood. The thing that gets me most is that the time between original en remake is getting closer together.

I mean, I can understand that black-and-white films were remade in Color (like Ten Commandments, Ben Hur, Scarface etc). But these days it seems the ability to make kick-ass CGI effects is reason enough to remake... That's not so good.

On the other hand, I did like the new Star Trek movie.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2010 08:57 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sweersa

quote: (post)
Originally posted by queeq

On the other hand, I did like the new Star Trek movie.

I enjoyed it tremendously. It was so well done we all loved it!

Old Post Mar 17th, 2010 11:03 AM
Click here to Send sweersa a Private Message Find more posts by sweersa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Happy Dance

Old Post Mar 17th, 2010 03:17 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sweersa

Hehe, I can honestly say when I started watching that movie I thought to myself if George ever gets off his butt and makes 7, 8, and 9 he needs to have it on this level of awesomeness!

Old Post Mar 17th, 2010 09:02 PM
Click here to Send sweersa a Private Message Find more posts by sweersa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

I'm sorry, but Star trek Blows

Old Post Mar 17th, 2010 11:49 PM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

I liked the new Star Trek movie.

but wait....that movie had alot of CGI too didn't it? stick out tongue

I like George.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2010 03:06 AM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sweersa

Originally posted by JediRobin23
I'm sorry, but Star trek Blows

Then what are you doing at these forums?!?! Oh wait...

Old Post Mar 18th, 2010 03:06 AM
queeq
Chaos

laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 18th, 2010 07:45 AM
coolmovies

Not all remakes are good some are and some are not. Look at clash of the Titans

Old Post Mar 18th, 2010 12:44 PM
Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Originally posted by sweersa
Then what are you doing at these forums?!?! Oh wait...

I cant be on a star wars forum, unless I like Star Trek?

Old Post Mar 18th, 2010 11:52 PM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

There was a time when that was policy, yes... hehehehe... But since a total Star Wars buff rebooted Star Trek, we're now related. Star Wars 'fixed' Star Trek. wink

Old Post Mar 21st, 2010 07:09 PM
sweersa

Originally posted by queeq
There was a time when that was policy, yes... hehehehe... But since a total Star Wars buff rebooted Star Trek, we're now related. Star Wars 'fixed' Star Trek. wink

ORLY? I had no idea he was a SW guy. Hahaha we win! I should have known when I noticed all the cool and entertaining action scenes in a ST movie.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2010 01:27 AM
queeq
Chaos

Orly? I was talking about Abrams.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2010 09:18 AM
coolmovies

Its all about money

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2010 11:20 AM
Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Shadow Z

Does anyone think though if some director did bring out a wonderful sci-fi series to rival Star Wars (the new Star Trek I think has no chance) would George Lucas be tempted to further the films or even consider a re-imagining of the OT?

I mean Star Wars has endured but mainly through the EU; and with all these re-makes popping up will he do it just to stop someone upstaging his work in the future?

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2010 12:30 PM
Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Errm... a new series arrived a little while ago: Avatar.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2010 06:21 PM
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

AVATAR may put up better box office numbers than the original Star Wars films, but in no way do I think that means the franchise will be more sucessful.

I think AVATAR is one of those "phase" movies....eventually it will die out like the MATRIX.

Star Wars has never died really.

I like George.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2010 03:43 AM
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Avatar never beat star wars, nothing did except gone with the wind adjusting for inflation

http://boxofficemojo.com/alltime/adjusted.htm

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2010 03:57 AM