KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » The Dnepropetrovsk Maniacs

The Dnepropetrovsk Maniacs
Started by: Vinny Valentine

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Vinny Valentine
Vinny Valentine

The Dnepropetrovsk Maniacs

In short, three teens brutally captured, tortured and murdered 21 people. They recorded it, and did it as a hobby. The video's have just surfaced on the internet of one of their killings involving a hammer and screwdriver. I warn you, the video is without a doubt the worst thing I have ever witnessed on the internet. Take caution before looking for it.

More Information

(Check the wiki out, It does the best explination of the hold ordeal)

quote:
The suspects' cell phones and personal computers contained multiple video recordings of the murders taking place. One full video was leaked to the Internet, showing the murder of 48-year-old Sergei Yatzenko. He is seen laying on his back in a wooded area, and is struck repeatedly in the face with a hammer held inside a plastic bag. One of the attackers pokes out Yatzenko's eyes, and stabs him in the abdomen with a screwdriver. Yatzenko is then struck with the hammer in order to ensure that he is dead. The attack lasts over four minutes, during which the victim lapses in and out of consciousness. One of the murderers can be seen smiling towards the camera during the video.[39] The murderers walk back to their car, showing that the crime took place only a few feet away from the side of a road, next to their parked car. They discuss the murder calmly, expressing mild amazement that the victim was still breathing after a screwdriver was plunged into his exposed brain. The suspects then wash their hands and the hammer with a water bottle, and begin to laugh. Only two suspects appear to be present in the video, with one always behind the camera.[40]

The suspects were also found in possession of multiple photographs showing them attending funerals of the victims. They can be seen smiling and "flipping off" the coffins and gravestones. Evidence of animal abuse was also shown in court, with the suspects posing alongside mutilated animal corpses.[41]

The photographic and video evidence was shown in court on October 29, 2008, as part of a larger presentation of over 300 photographs and two videos.[25] The defense objected to the presentation, claiming that the evidence was obtained illegally, and that the subjects shown in the video and the photographs were digitally altered to resemble the suspects. When Suprunyuck and Sayenko were asked if they recognized the people in the photographs, they replied that they did not. Judge Ivan Senchenko responded by stating "You are not blind."[42] Valery Voronyuck, an expert on film and video editing, testified to the court that in his view the video material had not been faked or altered in any way.[3] The court rejected all the objections raised by the defense, and accepted the prosecution's argument that the material was genuine, and showed the suspects in the act of murdering their victims.[25]

Was life sentence a fair judgment? Discuss.

Last edited by Vinny Valentine on Jan 28th, 2010 at 05:29 PM

Old Post Jan 28th, 2010 05:21 PM
Vinny Valentine is currently offline Click here to Send Vinny Valentine a Private Message Find more posts by Vinny Valentine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Oh God, this video is the most disgusting thing I've ever seen, it's sick. A life sentence seems warranted.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2010 05:35 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vinny Valentine
Vinny Valentine

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bardock42
Oh God, this video is the most disgusting thing I've ever seen, it's sick. A life sentence seems warranted.

It's time like this that make me believe that our idea of law is flawed. Where is the justice in a life sentence? I can't see it.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2010 05:37 PM
Vinny Valentine is currently offline Click here to Send Vinny Valentine a Private Message Find more posts by Vinny Valentine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
It's time like this that make me believe that our idea of law is flawed. Where is the justice in a life sentence? I can't see it.

Permanent loss of freedom is generally seen as something you don't want. Hobbling the killers and forcing them into some sort of blood sport would be more satisfying but at the same time it could romanticize them.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2010 05:40 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

I don't believe in an eye for an eye (yikes). They have obvious a severe disregard for other humans and should not be exposed to society under any circumstances, I find it wrong however to take their life I don't think it should be in the power of the system to kill anyone.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2010 05:43 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Archaeopteryx

Re: The Dnepropetrovsk Maniacs

No, they should be sent to medical research labs so we can save a few innocent rats who's lives are worth more than theirs.

Last edited by Archaeopteryx on Jan 28th, 2010 at 06:08 PM

Old Post Jan 28th, 2010 05:58 PM
Archaeopteryx is currently offline Click here to Send Archaeopteryx a Private Message Find more posts by Archaeopteryx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vinny Valentine
Vinny Valentine

I don't believe in an eye for an eye (yikes). They have obvious a severe disregard for other humans and should not be exposed to society under any circumstances, I find it wrong however to take their life I don't think it should be in the power of the system to kill anyone.

I still just can't find the justice in that. They knew that it would happen and were willing to be taken from society. It's not just.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2010 06:04 PM
Bardock42

I still just can't find the justice in that. They knew that it would happen and were willing to be taken from society. It's not just.
What do you think would be just?

Old Post Jan 28th, 2010 06:12 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

****in' hell. That was ****in' brutal. That's right up there with the beheading videos. Probably worse actually.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Jan 28th, 2010 06:15 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vinny Valentine
Vinny Valentine

What do you think would be just?

That's the real question. Other then death and imprisonment... What else is there really to do? What is the in between? There must be something harsher then imprisonment but less then death.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2010 06:15 PM
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

I probably wont watch this video, but I also don't believe in taking another humans life.

Stickem in a cell and let them be stuck in their sick and twisted mind till they take their last breath.

That's the real question. Other then death and imprisonment... What else is there really to do? What is the in between? There must be something harsher then imprisonment but less then death.
You might as well flat out say you want to torture them.

TGFwashere

Last edited by Mairuzu on Jan 28th, 2010 at 06:20 PM

Old Post Jan 28th, 2010 06:17 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vinny Valentine
Vinny Valentine

Originally posted by Mairuzu
I probably wont watch this video, but I also don't believe in taking another humans life.

Stickem in a cell and let them be stuck in their sick and twisted mind till they take their last breath.

You might as well flat out say you want to torture them.

No, there must be something else. Really.

I just don't find sticking them in a cell all that fair to the 21 families of the victims.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2010 06:25 PM
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

you know ive always interpreted the general meaning behind prison/social discipline as a means to prevent unsavory members of society from disrupting the lives of other people weither it be stealing or hurting or injuring or any other form of disturbing the peace. executing people is a solution for those who are too sick to be educated whereas imprisonment is a method of reeducating offenders whilst keeping them away from the public.

that being the case i think the point of social discipline isnt to discipline a criminal simply for the sake of doing so, rather every punishment is performed with the welfare of the public in mind. so if thats true than whats the big deal about a life sentence or death sentence? either way theyre no longer a threat to the public so the powers that be are doing their job, no?

Old Post Jan 28th, 2010 06:33 PM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Re: The Dnepropetrovsk Maniacs

In short, three teens brutally captured, tortured and murdered 21 people. They recorded it, and did it as a hobby. The video's have just surfaced on the internet of one of their killings involving a hammer and screwdriver. I warn you, the video is without a doubt the worst thing I have ever witnessed on the internet. Take caution before looking for it.

More Information

(Check the wiki out, It does the best explination of the hold ordeal)

Yeah, but I would have prefer them in the gas chamber or lethal injection.

These videos are as evil as the Nazi beheading guy.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2010 06:36 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

No, there must be something else. Really.

I just don't find sticking them in a cell all that fair to the 21 families of the victims.

Let the families decide their fate?

TGFwashere

Old Post Jan 28th, 2010 06:36 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

That's not a different option, that's just a different way at arriving at one of the options.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2010 06:41 PM
Vinny Valentine
Vinny Valentine

Possibly.

I just believe that there needs to be some sort of furthered discipline added to the life sentence. Not torture, but something.

Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
you know ive always interpreted the general meaning behind prison/social discipline as a means to prevent unsavory members of society from disrupting the lives of other people weither it be stealing or hurting or injuring or any other form of disturbing the peace. executing people is a solution for those who are too sick to be educated whereas imprisonment is a method of reeducating offenders whilst keeping them away from the public.

that being the case i think the point of social discipline isnt to discipline a criminal simply for the sake of doing so, rather every punishment is performed with the welfare of the public in mind. so if thats true than whats the big deal about a life sentence or death sentence? either way theyre no longer a threat to the public so the powers that be are doing their job, no?

Good point.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2010 06:42 PM
Bardock42

Originally posted by Ms.Marvel

I share that POV mostly, I am also not a big fan of the "punishment" angle of the legal system.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2010 06:42 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Considering they're young and will spend a large portion of their lives being anal-puppets, the life sentence seems alright.

But if the Ukraine tortured and killed them, I'd LoL.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 28th, 2010 06:47 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Vinny just wants some justice. Its like he's batman. There's really nothing much else we can do.

TGFwashere

Last edited by Mairuzu on Jan 28th, 2010 at 06:51 PM

Old Post Jan 28th, 2010 06:48 PM