KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » Graphic Novels. Do you read them?

Graphic Novels. Do you read them?
Started by: RussellBrooks

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
RussellBrooks

Graphic Novels. Do you read them?

A friend of mine in the lit/publishing industry told me that graphic novels are all the rage right now. Have you ever read a graphic novel? If your favorite author had written your favorite book in graphic novel form rather than written word form, would you have read it?

Old Post Jan 9th, 2010 05:55 PM
RussellBrooks is currently offline Click here to Send RussellBrooks a Private Message Find more posts by RussellBrooks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Yes, yes.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2010 07:30 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

i love em
my faves are Azumanga Daioh, kingdom Hearts and Maximum Ride

Old Post Jan 9th, 2010 11:26 PM
That ACDC Chick is currently offline Click here to Send That ACDC Chick a Private Message Find more posts by That ACDC Chick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RussellBrooks

quote: (post)
Originally posted by That ACDC Chick
i love em
my faves are Azumanga Daioh, kingdom Hearts and Maximum Ride

I thought that Maximum Ride was just a novel. They have that as a graphic novel too?

Old Post Jan 10th, 2010 11:26 AM
RussellBrooks is currently offline Click here to Send RussellBrooks a Private Message Find more posts by RussellBrooks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

Originally posted by RussellBrooks
I thought that Maximum Ride was just a novel. They have that as a graphic novel too?

yeah
the second volume just came out a little while ago[it was the end of book one]
im not sure when the 3rd comes out

Old Post Jan 10th, 2010 10:36 PM
That ACDC Chick is currently offline Click here to Send That ACDC Chick a Private Message Find more posts by That ACDC Chick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Butcher
Marvelous

No,for some odd reason I just prefer books with walls of text.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2010 05:46 PM
The Butcher is currently offline Click here to Send The Butcher a Private Message Find more posts by The Butcher Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Abu-Bactr

Yeah i do.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2010 09:39 AM
Abu-Bactr is currently offline Click here to Send Abu-Bactr a Private Message Find more posts by Abu-Bactr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
midnightshadow
death before dishonor

do you mean manga or just graphic novels?
i read manga but have only read from hell as a non-manga graphic novel if that made sense

[B]in the real world as in dreams
nothing is quite what it seems![B]

Old Post Jan 30th, 2010 09:09 PM
midnightshadow is currently offline Click here to Send midnightshadow a Private Message Find more posts by midnightshadow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by The Butcher
No,for some odd reason I just prefer books with walls of text.

What an oddball...

Old Post Jan 31st, 2010 08:14 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

I love graphic novels. Have dozens of them. I like the art and the stories are usually pretty cool.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2010 09:39 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kero_Co
One Track Lover

Yup, I make it a point not to discriminate against mediums.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2010 01:52 PM
Kero_Co is currently offline Click here to Send Kero_Co a Private Message Find more posts by Kero_Co Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

Neil Gaiman. I read his as much as I can borrow them. (which, unfortunately, is not a lot anymore. I like his graphic novels. I'll probably buy some next time.)

And Jim Butcher's The Dresden Files have some graphic novels, and I've read them. smile Because... it's Harry Dresden. I love the series, so yeah.

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2010 02:15 AM
Jaeh is currently offline Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

I love graphic novels. Many of them have great artwork and the stories are interesting.

Some of my favourites are Superman: The Wedding Album, Dirty Pair: Sim Hell and the Star Wars: Legacy series.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2010 08:00 PM
chilled monkey is currently offline Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I love tor read period... Graphic Novels are great

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Mar 19th, 2010 09:25 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

My big dream is to do a complete graphic novel or comic book myself (I´m an hobby artist), some say "there´s one great book in everyone" well there´s a graphic novel or comic book in me.smile

Old Post Mar 21st, 2010 07:24 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flameback
Pathology

Yes and yes! Graphic novels are great, especially during busy periods in ones life when you don't really have much time to just relax and read a regular novel in a timely manner; but with a graphic novel you can just read in only about a sitting or two and still get your reading fix with a great story plus an added addition of some amazing art.

"I ain't no fraggin' hero. I'm th' main man. I booze.
I womanize. I swear. An' I beat th' living crap outta
anybody I fraggin' feel like."
- Lobo

Old Post May 14th, 2010 05:25 AM
Flameback is currently offline Click here to Send Flameback a Private Message Find more posts by Flameback Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BookwormService

I like some graphic novels. I don't really get into fantasy so that limits most of them. However, I did just read "Nightly News" which was awesome.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2010 06:09 PM
BookwormService is currently offline Click here to Send BookwormService a Private Message Find more posts by BookwormService Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote